overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 336   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13   IBU: 17   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Brewed with a half ton of caramelized malts, this bold red ale has caramel and toffee flavors, notes of dried raisins and currants, and a slightly sweet finish.
Color: 30 SRM
Bitterness: 17 IBU
Gravity: 15° Plato
Availability: 24/7/365, Kegs and Bottles

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
erisdiscordia (2) - Chula Vista, California, USA - APR 6, 2005 does not count
I Don’t know why but this drink reminds me a lot of sierra nevada...Which isn’t a bad thing Since I love sierra Nevada. I liked this drink Although I prefer Stone’s as far as Local beer goes.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SDbrewgirl (2) - USA - NOV 23, 2009 does not count
Aroma has hints of raisins, dates, and toffee. Color is deep copper, clear, decent head retention. Flavor is sweet up front with lots of toffee and dried fruit. Finishes with a lingering sweetness, but not cloying. This is an enjoyable red ale, and is a little less bitter than other versions of the style.

BeerMeVal (1) - South Gate, California, USA - NOV 12, 2012 does not count
The bomb.com! When I walked into the Liquor store, I was in the mood for something to celebrate Obama’s victory to. I spotted Red Trolley Ale, and I bought it . I figured I had nothing to lose. When I opened it, my palate went crazy!!! I loved the instant taste of toffee, which is another reasons why I bought it. Yes, it’s sweet, but not sweet enough to dislike. It’s like the perfect date, I thought! Anyway, It says it’s 5.8% alcohol, but I could swear it was more than that because i was feeling tipsy after one and a half! It was totally worth my cash,I mean my date’s cash, haha!!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
K8 (1) - Pittsburgh, USA - JUL 3, 2008 does not count
I had this for the first time in San Diego. I am not usually a fan of ale, but this immediately caught my attention. The first taste reminded me of a stout with a burned, warm flavor, but with a very clean finish. I wish they sold this one in PA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
tbrean (1) - California, USA - JUN 13, 2004 does not count
If you like the red/amber ales, this one is the litmus test I hold all others to. This beer goes down smooth and leaves a mild and pleasant aftertaste. Red Trolley is rich in taste, but not overpowering; the alchohol melds well with the flavors and does not produce a strong or bitter bite like some other ales. My favorite beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Juleslovesbeer (1) - Santee, California, USA - APR 4, 2005 does not count
I just tried this beer yesterday for the first time and I absolutely LOVED it! Besides the fact that it is locally brewed, I really enjoyed the caramel taste plus the full-bodied stout taste.