overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 109   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
A Bavarian-style unfiltered wheat beer with banana and clove flavors up front and a hint of vanilla in its smooth refreshing finish.
Color: 3 SRM
Bitterness: 12 IBU
Gravity: 12.8° Plato
Availability: 24/7/365, Kegs Only

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
myfriendbubba (34) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JAN 16, 2007
Decided to change horses after strong ale fest at PP. Great idea, this hefe is a perfect representation of a Bavarian. Excellent clove banana,balance in nose and flavor, perfect after destroying the t-buds at the fest. When back in town will get again, to bad hefes suck in bottle. Open a Strauss in L.V.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
rhys_mavis (11) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 27, 2010
Love this beer and love this beach. Wish I could partake in them both at the same time. Wind and Sea is a perfect beer for me when its hot outside and I would typically reach for a lighter beer because I don’t find it to be as filling as other heffs.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jjh19 (58) - California, USA - APR 8, 2014
Appearance: Bright yellow/orange with a terrific tiny bubble head. Smell: I got a lot of banana in the smell. Taste: A delicious sweetness. I get a lot of banana and vanilla notes. Very tasty. Mouthfeel: Extremely smooth. Drinkability: My favorite Hef I’ve ever had. Windansea Wheat is a hidden gem in the Karl Strauss beer line-up.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Krawtschenko (4) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - DEC 8, 2004 does not count
Served on draft. Very nice cloudy appearance. Good head retention. Very pleasant wheat/fruit aroma. Very satisfying mouth feel, couldn’t order just one. Not like your typical Hefe.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
stubby (334) - Santee, California, USA - JUN 11, 2004
Delicious. But I love hefe’s. This one is authentic and very refreshing. A great session beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mustangjoe (183) - redondo beach, California, USA - AUG 7, 2005
Draft. The normal cloudy yellow unfiltered look. Aroma was very nice, strong banana and wheat. The flavor was great with the perfect balance of the sweet and spicyness. This is my favorite wheat beer that I have tried so far at a local brewhouse.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
burpfrank (299) - carpinteria, California, USA - JUL 23, 2006
This had a good head and color.It was a good wheat,but I like the IPA much better.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
AbeerWolf (27) - USA - JAN 30, 2008
Not one to be missed. Immediate hints of banana and citrus. Medium body for a hefe, smooth finish. Seems to be hit or miss in terms of batches.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
llcooldave (1090) - San Antonio, Texas, USA - MAY 21, 2010
Wonderful creamy flavor with some banana, vanilla and spice coming through. Mostly clove though. Cloudy yellow in color. Nose is a bit spicy with more of the clove aroma shining through. Overall this is a pleasure to drink. It actually reminds me more of a wit than a hefe. Good stuff!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
trogers91 (1) - Oceanside, California, USA - NOV 10, 2012 does not count
While I cannot comment on this beer’s nose, palate, etc., I DO know that after spending two weeks in Germany and becoming quite fond of the local brauhaus’ weissbier, this tasted JUST LIKE what’ I’d been drinking in Germany when I had it at the restaurant after I’d returned. This beer is neck-and-neck with Paulaner Hefeweizen is terms of quality. It’s THAT good!