overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Van Honsebrouck
Style: Abbey Tripel
Ingelmunster, Belgium

RATINGS: 975   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41/5   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
A tripel, as solid as a castle. A full bodied beer, brewed with Belgian hops, to enjoy quietly, with a powerful, distinctive flavour: flowery, hop bitterness and soft alcohol.

Ingredients: water, barley malt, corn, sugar, hops, yeast, antioxidant (ascorbic acid).

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BelgianBeerGal (3838) - Panama City, Florida, USA - MAR 13, 2007
UPDATED: JAN 2, 2015 33cL bottle. The label says triple, but WOW the 11% ABV is noticeable. It poured a pale, clear yellow with a white, foamy head. Average beer that packs a boozy punch.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BeerFanDan17 (1080) - Brunswick, Maine, USA - MAR 3, 2007
Not what I expected from a Triple. This is a lighter brew, although strong. It was a bit bitter... almost like a Heineken, but with the obvious hint of Belgian flavor. Not a recommended Triple.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
eyesandsmiles (179) - Mission Viejo, California, USA - MAR 2, 2007
I don’t like blonde beers all that much but this is agood one. It smells and even sort of tastes like a chapmagne in a way. The alcohol content helps it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jalichio999 (502) - BRAZIL - FEB 25, 2007
UPDATED: AUG 18, 2007 Bottle. Fruity. Notes of damson plum, green grape, pistachio nut and clove. Nice cream, with fat bubbles. Excellent aroma, of champagne/white wine. Present alcohol in the palate and in the aroma.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
TaktikMTL (7034) - Montréal, Quebec, CANADA - FEB 22, 2007
Bouteille verte de 750 ml, avec bouchon de liège, obtenue via Importations Privées Bièropholie. Arôme: Odeur de miel et d’agrumes. Apparence: La couleur est blonde légèrement voilée avec une moyenne densité de bulle. Présence d’un large col mousseux et d’une fine dentelle sur le verre. Saveur: Goût d’agrumes sucrés et de coriandre. Durée moyenne de l’arrière goût. Palette: Le corps est moyen. Forte effervescence en bouche. Présence d’épices en arrière goût. (Rating #878)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Grovlam (4207) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - FEB 7, 2007
Bottle. Head was average to large with a fizzy off-white color. It lasted reasonable long. Good lacing found in glass. Body was light cloudy with heavy particles. Color golden. Aroma was sweat, leather, barnyard, citrus, grain and fruit. Full bodied with an average carbonation and an alcoholic texture. Flavor was somehow a bit unbalanced I thought. Average slightly bitter finish.

0.9
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
PhillyBeer2112 (2758) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - JAN 31, 2007
Instantly fruity aroma, with vinous notes, but also not unlike cheap grape soda. Poured a very clear golden color with a medium bubbly head that faded fast and seemed articifial, I think the soda comparison came in part because of the pour. Cheap wine up front in the flavor, with a light fruity cheap champagne-like sweetness leading quickly to a carbonic bite, and hot prickly alcohol on the back of the tongue. Harsh graininess and peppery alcohol linger all over the palate. Close to cheap malt liquor mixed with cheap champagne, in so many ways, its absolutely among the worst belgian strong ales I’ve ever had, and among the worst of any beer from Belgium I’ve tried. An absolute letdown and totally unfinishable.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
cheap (5309) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 30, 2007
I’m not too sure if I got the correct beer or not. Kasteel trippel is what it said on the tap handle. First, let me begin by mentioning I am not a happy camper that I paid A-LOTS for a 10oz kasteel at the trivia pub. You figure it out; $0.70 per ounce. So don’t expect a rave. Don’t blame the trivia pub, that’s a great place……best wings around. The only other strong Belgian ale I have to compare to is Delirium Noel and that was also a brew I had at this place. This beer pours with what seems to be a haze. When rating this, I have to agree with turbothy and tomthompson89. Not worth the price. If it was not for my curiosity, I never would have purchased. I saw carbonation in the pour, even once it settles. Later I found out it was almost flat. The color is a light transparent yellow haze. This beer tastes like it smells and it smells like wine. Mind you, I am not a wine expert but my grandparents made barrels of wine. Very strong with alcohol presence. I must comment that the alcohol flavor is no indication of the over all percentage. It is a pretty smooth beer for such a high rating. Better watch out! Limit is three at the bar around here. I would never think of this as a beer, cannot think of this as a beer. It is not terribly bitter but it does let you know it is strong, not in your face. A little carbonation tingle. The small nasty astringent-ness makes this different than a wine, wine usually does not have that hop or malt bite. I would never think of this as a beer ~ did I already say that? The finish hangs for a while like an unwelcome visitor. I guess the finish is the determining factor as to what differentiates it as a wine. Will not buy again. Now I know why sake can be rated as beer, because some beer can have the same alky effect as sake, and almost be as offensive. I also don’t think that sake has a perfumy after scent; a benefit that this has. I don’t think this is good tasting as a delirium.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Marsiblursi (3076) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - JAN 28, 2007
UPDATED: FEB 5, 2007 (Bottle) Pours orange/amber with enormus floters. Sweet sugary aroma with some (exotic) fruits and allmond paste. Some distant hops and a touch of honey and spices. Sweet, white sugar flavour with some fruits and allmond paste. Medium thick, a bit sticky mouthfeel. Also a bit yeasty.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
marchcow (664) - Coralville, Iowa, USA - JAN 26, 2007
Sweet malty aroma. Golden yellow color with quickly diminishing head. Creamy and oily thick malty flavor. Sweet and well carbonated. Dries out a bit on the duration. Alcohol is not that noticable except that it makes the beer seem more intense. Good.