overall

RATINGS: 267   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.83   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 288   ABV: 9.6%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Foxbush (1268) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - OCT 23, 2012
UPDATED: OCT 28, 2012 12 oz bottle at the Stone brewery. The stout poured a dark black with small tan head. The dark roasted malt contributed to a wonderful beer. There was mint on the nose , but not while drinking. There was some cherry flavors as well. The alcohol was balanced and added to the overall experience. This was a wonderfully smooth beer drinking experience. I hope to see this on the East Coast. I undersatnd a homebrewer developed this recipe.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
48FanInCali (725) - California, USA - OCT 22, 2012
UPDATED: OCT 23, 2012 12oz bottle. Has a very nice dark pour with a 3/4 inch mocha head. Visually a very nice beer. Thatís where the good ends for me. Nose is fairly medicinal with coffee and chocolate overtones. Taste starts out with a menthol coffee thing but ends with a very harsh long lasting bitterness. I am guessing some very bitter dark chocolate was used. I appreciate the creative effort but this was not a good one for me. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
skmikeg (900) - Poway, California, USA - OCT 21, 2012
Pours a pitch black with a small tan head which fades to some lacing. Aroma is of roasted malts, chocolate, and some mint. Taste is of roasted malts, bakers chocolate, mint, some espresso, and a little vanilla in the finish. Has a medium-full body with a super creamy mouthfeel and a semi oily, semi bitter, minty finish. overall, a very interesting and pretty tasty Imp. stout.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
b3shine (5458) - Indiana, USA - OCT 21, 2012
Bottle to snifter. Looks good; black with sticky mocha head. Smells and tastes just as the name indicates with a good mouthfeel. NICE!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
LtDan (1784) - Los Angeles County, California, USA - OCT 20, 2012
Appearance: Pours a dark brown with tan head that subsides to mere swirls atop.

Aroma: Huge fresh mint, mint Cliff bar, chocolate cereal.

Taste: Mint,dark chocolate, sasafras, roasted malt, chocolate cereal. Spicy hops. Pleasantly bitter.

Mouthfeel: Medium bodied. Creamy carbonation.

Overall: Very tasty, extra drinkable for being a 9.6% Imperial Stout. I couldnít quite nail down what I was getting from the nose, but itís interesting. I would also say to those who quickly say ďItís a York Peppermint PattyĒ that they should dig deeper. Next time I have a Peppermint Patty, Iím going to proclaim ITís like a Ken Schmidt Classic!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
DrSilverworm (6401) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - OCT 20, 2012
UPDATED: JAN 9, 2013 12oz bottle. Pitch black color. Big foamy lighter brown head, with excellent retention, leaving excellent lace. Goes nowhere. This stuff smells amazing. Smells like mint chocolate chip ice cream. This is probably the best smelling-beer Iíve ever had. Wow. I have to admit, I love mint chocolate anything to begin with, so I was looking forward to this brew. Only other mint stout Iíve ever had besides this is DFH Black and Red, and most people thought it was a mint bomb. I thought it was pretty OK. That said, this is way more balanced... Still enough mint to satisy, a good, big amount, but not so much as to overpower the chocolate. Texture is incredible. Smoothest, creamiest thing ever, yet still a nice soft carbonation. Nice bigger body, chewy enough, but not sticky or viscous at all. Big chocolate aroma, some roasty coffee, all of which is complemented wonderfully by the big mint flavor. Taste is very nice. But sweet is prominent. Might be bordering on too sweet for me personally, though. Yeah, people will penalize it for that, Iím sure. But this is a sweet brew. Like someone else told me beforehand, itís more of a sweet stout, really. Alcohol, what alcohol? If thereís any hint of it, itís swallowed up by the intense flavor and aromatic of this brew. I donít think Iíd want to drink two of these in a row, no way. But a 12oz portion of this to myself was one of the most delicious, intensely aromatic interesting and unique experiences Iíve ever had in beer, or with my palate in general. I definitely need to try this again, to see if the initial excitement lasts through the test of time. 10 / 5 / 7 / 5 / 17

Re-rate, 1/1/13: Still awesome looking. Nose isnít quite as mind-blowing as I remember, but still very nice. Bigger chewier body, light smooth carbonation, creamy texture. Good sweet taste, little bitter, nice minty chocolate aftertaste. First time I drank this, I savored it for an hour. This time, I shared it, but downed my half in less than 10 minutes. 8 / 5 / 7 / 5 / 17

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
alexsdad06 (5425) - Ohio, USA - OCT 20, 2012
12 oz. bottle. Pours black with a medium sized creamy tan head. The aroma is very nice with chocolate, mint, roast and everything that goes into a great stout. Mint can sometimes be overpowering in these beers, but I thought this was well balanced with everything else. The flavor again shows great balance between the chocolate, roast and mint, especially once it warmed a bit. Some decent bitterness at the back. Very smooth mouth feel and medium plus body. No alcohol to speak of. This is pretty solid and I have a couple to sit on for a bit.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
beerbastard (689) - Mesa, Arizona, USA - OCT 19, 2012
donít care for this one. pours black with tan head. Mint with hops in the background. Flavors start with mint followed by mint. Donít care for this combination. Its a good job of brewing. Doesnít work for me. Bitter chocolate finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Headbanger (3304) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - OCT 19, 2012
12oz bottle 9/19/12 (Binnyís Downers Grove)-41į in Snifter-Pours black with a one finger brown head. Aroma of coffee, chocolate, roasted malt, and slight mint. Taste of the same with more chocolate and the mint lingering just a little. This full bodied brew is well balanced as I was expecting the mint to be overpowering but is nicely infused.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Blairgus (2610) - California, USA - OCT 19, 2012
19 oct 2012, bottle. Black, thin. Nose is gorgeous: light charcoal, count chocula cereal, faint mint. Thin body and faintly fizzy. Dark chocolate and mint. Heavy on the chocolate, faint mint, bitter chocolate finish. Very nice and bit too minty or sweet. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone