overall

RATINGS: 288   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%

GreatLibations (1854) - Last Supper, Arizona, USA - OCT 22, 2009
We have a winner. This brew is classic. A good pour with dark color and a lasting head. Strong aromas of Sweet roasted coffee beans and brown cakebread. Medium nectar with excellent carbonation. Mildly sweet with defined roasted coffee flavors that stick and grind. Faint coconut if any, Iíll take your word for it. The finish lingers like a lazy red bone. Superb! I take one point away for the short length of head retention. It kinda dies away to a dark mirror. But on the other hand, this beer is so goood, Iíll throw my Trump card at it. Havenít done that in a while. Cheers guys, great beer.

andyhwcinc (1348) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 2, 2010
UPDATED: JUL 28, 2011 I picked this up in Seattle while on vacation. To say this is a hard find is an understatement...Iíve been looking for this far and wide, up and down the west coast, from San Diego (including the Stone Brewery) to Seattle...and I finally found it in a small grocery store in Seattle. Aroma is very nutty, also has a strong coffee presence and a faint coconut backing, much more faint than Maui Brewingís Coconut Porter. Appearance is just beautiful, pure black with a creamy white head. Itís in a wine glass right now and it just looks lovely. Taste embodies and enhances everything thatís found in the aroma - coconut, nuts, coffee, chocolate. Itís very smooth, and it masks the alcohol content. Itís also sweet, a definite dessert beer. For this to be so rare is just mean...especially at $10 for a 12 oz bottle. With what I enjoy in beers and the balances that I enjoy, I canít imagine how a beer can get any better than this. If I do find a beer that is better, Iíll lower my rating. Until then, this is the perfect beer for me.........OK, Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee Stout is also perfect, but I think thereís room for at least 2 perfect beers in this world.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
awiseman01 (469) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - SEP 22, 2009
On tap at Stone, pours pitch black with tiny brown edge and a quick to fade white head. Strong coffee nose that beats out the roast malt and chocolate/nutty hints. Flavor is soft/smooth creamy bliss! Chocolate at itís finest, roasted malt that drinks like candy, toffee coated nuts. I can find no fault.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
mcferc4 (59) - New Jersey, USA - NOV 20, 2009
12 ozíer from a trade with my buddy Rybeast on the Left Coast. Very, very excited about this. Lovely pour, ample light-brown head. Aroma is heavy roast, fresh, dark coffee... so strong, hits you when youí well before you reach the glass. One word -- SILK. Holy shit, this is smooth. Coffee flavor dominates, bursts when held in the mouth.Touches of roasted coconut. My lord this is delicious. Extremely impressed with the mouthfeel, so smooth. Just enough bitterness to . Sweet, with just enough bitterness to balance it out. Thanks so much Ryan. Thrilled to try this.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
virtuosovii (103) - California, USA - FEB 7, 2010
This was a very interesting and delicious beer. Very roasty and loaded with different flavors. Tasted like coffee, toffee, brown sugar, nuts, light chocolate. I was very intrigued by this beer, and I can only say that youíll have to try it to understand. Absolutely awesome

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Cavie (3672) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - OCT 25, 2009
Bottle big thanks to blutt59. Dark brown color. Heavy coffee smell. Lovely folgers. Taste is fantastically bitter and flavorful. This is amazing. A fantastic finish sets this one apart.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
slowrunner77 (186) - reno, Alabama, USA - SEP 13, 2010
"itís rare when a beer youíve built up exceeds expectations, and since Stone is my favorite brewer, hopes were sky high for this one. not to worry, though, it did not disappoint. one of the best, if not THE best, porter that iíve ever had. the aroma was incredibly rich and decadent. coffee, chocolate, roasted malt...with flavor to match and a wonderfully smooth full body. Awesome, awesome, awesome beer!"

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
walleye (1061) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - NOV 24, 2009
Got myself a free bottle of this from a friend thank you. As soon as the cap came off I got a big whiff of sweet chocolate. Poured black with a thin tan head. aroma, coffee, roasted malts, honey, and brown sugar, vanilla, dark cherries the beer had to warm up for me to get coconut. Flavor chocolate and dark cherries right up front than the rich coffee and coconut, raisins. I liked the mouth feel of this nice, and smooth. I could see me drink a few of these sitting in front of the fireplace.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
dimenhetfield (2487) - , Florida, USA - JUL 4, 2010
Big thanks to Tony for sharing this one. After reading about this beer a few months ago I was more then pleasantly surprised when a new beer friend was able to bring it to a tasting to share. The aromas where simply outstanding. Coconut, roasted nuts, spice, coffee and malts. It was probably one of the best porters Iíve had in a very long time. The collaboration of the coconut, macadamia nut, and coffee is just a match made in heaven.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
daknole (8540) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - OCT 26, 2009
Holy shit this is good. Damn right. Dark brown pour. Aroma is loaded with very high qualtiy coffee, chocolate and light roasted nuts. Flavor has some of the best coffee notes I have ever had in ANY beer. Damn this is just great. MORE PLEASE