overall

RATINGS: 77   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.8   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 78   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Double IPA using Falconerís Flight hops (8% abv, 78 IBU)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JoeTheYounger (1144) - Lake Arrowhead, California, USA - NOV 16, 2011
Hazy golden orangish pour thin white head. Aroma is very nice with wet grass vegetal and sweet candy. The falconers hops are pretty unique with a very citrus and butter like. Finishes with a nice crisp bitterness and nice maltyness.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
thirdeye11 (5544) - Dallas, Texas, USA - OCT 25, 2011
(22oz bomber thanks to Exiled) clear gold-amber with soapy tan bubbles. Nose is extremely fresh citrus, lime, a bit of cat pee, orange, and a tinge floral as well. Taste of bright citrus fruits, oranges and grapefruit pulp, super flavorful. Excellent linger, super hoppy without being ridiculous bitter. An awesome DIPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bu11zeye (11942) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - AUG 29, 2011
(22oz bottle, courtesy of BMan1113VR) Pours a hazy golden orange body with a medium off-white head. Aroma of grain, grass, pine, orange, and grapefruit. Flavor of grass, grain, pine and citrus with a dry, bitter finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jrallen34 (3483) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 21, 2011
bottle thanks to Sean... pours a medium peach with a nice tan head... the nose is pretty dull, lots of tropical fruit, hardly any hops... the taste is pretty boring as well, all the hops are dead... really wanted to try this but got there too late donít bother with this batch anymore

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Thorpe429 (5012) - , Illinois, USA - AUG 4, 2011
Huge thanks to schmoopsbeer for getting this bottle out to me. Served in a Russian River "TION" glass. Pours an apricot-orange color with a good white head and some nice spotty lacing on the way down. The nose carries a fairly-aggressive amount of tropical and citrus hops. Not much malt there at all, which is a good sign. The flavor is all hops with some citrus and then some additional tropical character. Not over the top hop character, but definitely quite nice. No noticeable malt, other than a bit in the feel. Medium body with good carbonation and a bitter finish. Really nice DIPA, though doesnít rise to the level of their Citra. Serving type: bottle

Mora2000 (5695) - McKinney, Texas, USA - JUL 30, 2011
Big thanks to Exiled for sharing this bottle. This is a beer I have been looking forward to trying. The beer pours an orange color with a white head. The aroma is awesome. I get a ton of tropical fruit notes with some bread from the malt. The fruit I get includes papaya and pineapple. The flavor is also extremely fruity. I get a ton of papaya, mango and pineapple with some bread notes. There is some nice hop bitterness but the majority of the hop character comes through as fruit. Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation. An awesome beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
iowaherkeye (2691) - Ocean Beach, San Diego, California, USA - JUL 9, 2011
Bonus 22ozer from Richard the IrishBoy. Thank you sir. Minimally hazy amber orange with a one finger creamy off-white head, pretty good retention. This beer seems to be just a little past its prime, but not too terribly so in the nose. The aroma of tropical fruit and pine hops is right up front, followed by some old hops. Some honey and sweet malts finish up the back end of the aroma. Flavor is more herbal with a little bit of dry hopping as well, backed up by some florals. Not much in the way of malts other than a tinge of honey and light caramel malts. Actually reminds me of Dreadnaught a little bit. Bitterness peaked at a 6-7 in the earthy dry finish, some alcohol showing its presence. Smooth medium full body with creamy low carbonation. Wonder how much better this fool was when it was just put on tap at the brewpub. Another winner from Kyle. I believe that Falconerís Flight is a blend of known hops, but which ones, I donít know. I want to know now.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
ChazMania (653) - Pasadena, California, USA - JUN 10, 2011
Quite simply the most enjoyable beer I have had in a LONG time!! Last week a friend of mine and I had this after a few others and thought "wow this is incredilbe!" so I bought 2 more bombers and now I open one alone. The aroma is only outdone by its crazy dark orang cloudiness. Taste is PERFECT for my tongue, huge bitter citrus twang with a creamy malt balanced finish. I canít recall when I loved a beer this much since Pliny T Younger a few years back.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
LtDan (1784) - Los Angeles County, California, USA - JUN 10, 2011
Appearance: Pours a deep amber orange with a retaining white head. Leaves behind spotty lacing.

Aroma: A humungous grapefruit, tangerine hop nose. It invites your nose as deep as you can place it within your glass. Just amazing.

Taste: Orange zest, grapefruit, mango, pineapple, dry spicy malt. Finishes with earthy bitterness that doesnít linger that long. I can only think some Citra was used, as itís bitterness falls off that quick, at least for me.

Mouthfeel: Medium bodied, average carbonation. Slightly rough/astringent.

Overall: Pretty amazing. I had it on tap first at 38 degrees, then at ColLAboration 2 in Hollywood. The second time around had a way bigger hop nose, with all other things remaining the same. For Kern River fans, I would put this brew slightly above Citra DIPA, which I gush about as well. Itís a bit more bitter than Citra DIPA, and has a better malt profile compared to Just Outstanding IPA.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
dollarbill (13) - , California, USA - JUN 9, 2011
Pretty good. I had a glass (thanks, JD) after a few pints of Pliny, and it was tasty. Iím not a sophisto, by any means, but Iíve had a few IPAs in my day. This stuff wonít keep me away from my Pliny, my Alesmith, or my Just Outstanding IPAs, but it is an interesting diversion. Too bad it costs so much.