Killarneys Red Lager

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 82   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.33   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Killarney's is brewed with a combination of imported Irish malts, Munich malt and caramel malt. Killarney's caters to consumers who prefer drinking red lagers, micro/specialty beers and imports.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
boto (1891) - Granby, Connecticut, USA - JUL 9, 2002
First taste is OK, but goes downhill from there. Aftertaste is nasty. Killianís is much better. Whatever happened to ABís Elk Mountain Red? It was pretty good!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - MAY 28, 2002
This is Anheuser-Buschís answer to...something. Urine? Killianís? Does Killianís taste this watery and bland? Wish I could taste them side by side b/c it seems Killianís is the target of Killarneyís. I canít say this oneís a íkeeperí. At least itís darker in color than a Budhook Blonde Ale.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
daninorlando99 (49) - Orlando, Florida, USA - MAY 27, 2002
This is a smoother version of Killians which I already like. Unlike Davehgbrew I can drink and like a simple American beer:)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Davhgbrew (945) - Seattle, Washington, USA - MAY 23, 2002
Smooth, drinkable, unexcitng lager. Kind of watery, with a very subtle fruit taste. No different than a Killians, and youíd probably never hear me say,íIím goiní out to have a few Killarneyís.í

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
WastedYouthBrew (143) - Phila (Home of Geno's Steaks), Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 13, 2002
Had a skunker, I hope. have to re-try and then re-rate, but ill tell you this I have had worse skunked beers? I don’t know if that’s a good thing? Not a Busch kina man so I probably wouldn’t like it anyway. Bad headache’s and even worse memories, Anheuer-Busch I hate you.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
MaDoG99 (20) - Orlando, Florida, USA - APR 30, 2002

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - APR 17, 2002
UPDATED: APR 10, 2004 I liked this better than Killian's because it had a slightly smoother taste. Good beer i would buy this again anyday.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
IslandHaole (1091) - Yokosuka-Shi, Kanagawa-Ken, JAPAN - APR 14, 2002
Nice orangy amber color, malty nose with faint citrus undertones. As with most other raters, this and Killians are quite similar. I need to do a side by side to determine which I prefer. Both are very good Macros. This is one of the better if not best A/B product just as Killians is the best Coors product. Itís easy to drink with a good flavor, recommended.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
cathcacr (636) - Oregon, USA - MAR 25, 2002
Hard to say which red lager I like better, this or Killianís. Both are pretty good examples of the style, which Iíve been rather partial to. If I had to say, Iíd go with this one, just on my admittedly vague general impression. Not particularly sophisticated though itís another above-average side product from the A-Busch folks. Plus I seem to remember this being priced a little better than Killianís.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Drinkingdan (375) - East Norriton, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 28, 2002
Ok, but better then Killians.