overall

RATINGS: 415   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.37   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Is a naturally brewed malt liquor with a distinctive flavor.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
RespertFTW (515) - Michigan, USA - MAR 1, 2014
From the 40. Every thing is pretty sweet here. Lots of corn and malt. Not as bad as everyone says.

-- rated with beerbasher

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Mittenator (1213) - Michigan, USA - MAR 1, 2014
40. Yup. Light yellow with a white head. Sweet corn aroma. Light but syrupy. I would not feel the need to hide this one in a bag. Out and proud.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
hfmejias (659) - Dover, Delaware, USA - FEB 1, 2014
So... My wife though it would be funny to get my a can of King Cobra -"Premium" Malt Liquor for our wedding anniversary, she told me that she paid $0.75 for the 12 Fl. Oz. can; well I think she overpaid but I’m rating it anyway... Poured clear yellow, fizzy head and lots of carbonation (soda like). Aroma of corn and yeast. Taste of water down corn and malts. Not good even for malt liquor.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
CanIHave4Beers (3142) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - JAN 14, 2014
1399x2=2,798... so it had to be Malt Likka.

Pours a pale golden & keeps a fairly well retained head.

The aroma is really doughy, pretty sweet, corny... sort of clean and tame for a beer of it’s style designation.

The flavor is sweet, sort of tinny, brashly corny and oddly papery. It’s vegetal enough but leaves out a lot of the typical oddity flavors associated with an unpleasant malt liquor, and yet is gross in it’s own way.

here’s to another 1,399 ratings

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
MattH (635) - California, USA - JAN 13, 2014
25 ounce can. Yellow pour with big white head that dissipates quickly. Aroma of metal and corn. Flavor is light corn water with aftertaste of metal and water that has been left in the sink overnight. Wow, this is bad.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
sinjintiger (5) - Texas, USA - JAN 10, 2014 does not count
This has to be the least offensive of the Malt Liquors. Has a beautiul amber colour.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
malkyore (155) - - JAN 9, 2014
Let’s be honest, when you go to the store and pick up a 40 you don’t expect much.... When I picked this up I expected to gag at every sip. To be almost unable to drink this liquid due to unbearable horibleness. This shocked me. I wasn’t repulsed. It’s like a beer flavored water... With a slight touch of the flavor equivalent of the smell of urine.... It’s not repulsive but it’s not a good flavor. It’s something you’d drink if you were like, "hey, I want a 40!" because let’s all be honest sometimes it’s just fun to drink a 40...

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
EithCubes (4704) - New Jersey, USA - AUG 30, 2013
24oz can. Nose is very sweet, light corn and floral notes. Very little there, though. Pours clear golden, darker than the recent Bud Platinum, a bright white sudsy head that actually tries to lace before giving up. Light body, not too fizzy, grainy but not off-putting, very sweet, no bitterness. Pretty smooth for a cheap alcohol transmission vehicle, a little flabby and very watery, without the immediately obvious flaws of most pale lagers and cheap MLs, but does taste stale and leaves no yeast or bread character at the end. Pass?

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
t0rin0 (62) - Do Not Resuscitate, California, USA - AUG 30, 2013
UPDATED: OCT 1, 2013 King mother effin Cobra. Like most people, I hate this the first time I tried it but for $1.09 for a 32oz (back in the 2002-2005 time frame) how could I lose?

Goes down smoother out of the glass bottle than out of the aluminum can and it’s re-sealable; perfect for drinking games where you do not have to pound the whole thing. Pours very clear and sparkling yellow with an extremely fluffy white head that builds very fast but also falls very fast. Quite champagne-like in appearance. Should really be served in a flute and admired or poured into a pint glass, or possibly a funnel. All the of the preceding assumes that you actually pour this into a glass, but let’s be serious for a minute here, you’ll either drink straight from the bottle or you’ll put this into a solo cup and take it with you to the party.

Aroma is very sweet and corn like. Depending on how good the corner liquor store took care of it, it could be very clean and only smelling of corn (and sometimes a little like solvent) or it could be skunky and have some arm pit-type odors in addition to the sweet corn. I wonder if this could be used to entice the livestock to eat more.

Flavor is best when ice cold. Drink it cold and fast. Despite only (“only”) being 6% abv, this is fairly boozy. Lots of corn and bitterness dominate but there are hints of bug spray, grass, and when warm even some malt.

I wont say that this is the worst beer ever, not by a long shot. There are way worse “craft” beers out there. In fact, back in 2008, I took this to a bottle share at the Verdugo in LA. I poured it into an already emptied Bruery Saison de Lente bottle and told everyone that it was a new experimental beer from the Bruery. Most people picked out the corn (not surprisingly) but many agreed that it was not the worst beer of the day. Personally I gave it a higher score than at least 5 of the 50 beers sampled that day. I apologized to the Bruery later that month.

character limit test starting here:

Right about here somewhere is where the character limit kicks in. Why can I write a War and Peace-esque rating here but I get cut off for writing 4 paragraphs for a place rating? Also, when it gives me that error it deletes the entry completely. It’s really frustrating to dedicate time to improving the sad state of place ratings but have all my work taken away (for one rating). So I guess there are two issues here (in my opinion):
1) the character limit is too low on the place ratings, even though the body of most people’s ratings (both beer and place) are worthless
and
2) please save the text somewhere so I can cut it down to make it fit if I do go over the limit.
Limit reached.... ... ... now.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
edgallow (1863) - nashville, Tennessee, USA - AUG 24, 2013
12 oz bottle pours amber with a white head. Aroma and taste is corn and malts.