overall

RATINGS: 421   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.38   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Is a naturally brewed malt liquor with a distinctive flavor.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
MattH (653) - California, USA - JAN 13, 2014
25 ounce can. Yellow pour with big white head that dissipates quickly. Aroma of metal and corn. Flavor is light corn water with aftertaste of metal and water that has been left in the sink overnight. Wow, this is bad.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
sinjintiger (5) - Texas, USA - JAN 10, 2014 does not count
This has to be the least offensive of the Malt Liquors. Has a beautiul amber colour.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
malkyore (203) - - JAN 9, 2014
Let’s be honest, when you go to the store and pick up a 40 you don’t expect much.... When I picked this up I expected to gag at every sip. To be almost unable to drink this liquid due to unbearable horibleness. This shocked me. I wasn’t repulsed. It’s like a beer flavored water... With a slight touch of the flavor equivalent of the smell of urine.... It’s not repulsive but it’s not a good flavor. It’s something you’d drink if you were like, "hey, I want a 40!" because let’s all be honest sometimes it’s just fun to drink a 40...

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
EithCubes (5054) - New Jersey, USA - AUG 30, 2013
24oz can. Nose is very sweet, light corn and floral notes. Very little there, though. Pours clear golden, darker than the recent Bud Platinum, a bright white sudsy head that actually tries to lace before giving up. Light body, not too fizzy, grainy but not off-putting, very sweet, no bitterness. Pretty smooth for a cheap alcohol transmission vehicle, a little flabby and very watery, without the immediately obvious flaws of most pale lagers and cheap MLs, but does taste stale and leaves no yeast or bread character at the end. Pass?

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
t0rin0 (68) - Do Not Resuscitate, California, USA - AUG 30, 2013
UPDATED: OCT 1, 2013 King mother effin Cobra. Like most people, I hate this the first time I tried it but for $1.09 for a 32oz (back in the 2002-2005 time frame) how could I lose?

Goes down smoother out of the glass bottle than out of the aluminum can and it’s re-sealable; perfect for drinking games where you do not have to pound the whole thing. Pours very clear and sparkling yellow with an extremely fluffy white head that builds very fast but also falls very fast. Quite champagne-like in appearance. Should really be served in a flute and admired or poured into a pint glass, or possibly a funnel. All the of the preceding assumes that you actually pour this into a glass, but let’s be serious for a minute here, you’ll either drink straight from the bottle or you’ll put this into a solo cup and take it with you to the party.

Aroma is very sweet and corn like. Depending on how good the corner liquor store took care of it, it could be very clean and only smelling of corn (and sometimes a little like solvent) or it could be skunky and have some arm pit-type odors in addition to the sweet corn. I wonder if this could be used to entice the livestock to eat more.

Flavor is best when ice cold. Drink it cold and fast. Despite only (“only”) being 6% abv, this is fairly boozy. Lots of corn and bitterness dominate but there are hints of bug spray, grass, and when warm even some malt.

I wont say that this is the worst beer ever, not by a long shot. There are way worse “craft” beers out there. In fact, back in 2008, I took this to a bottle share at the Verdugo in LA. I poured it into an already emptied Bruery Saison de Lente bottle and told everyone that it was a new experimental beer from the Bruery. Most people picked out the corn (not surprisingly) but many agreed that it was not the worst beer of the day. Personally I gave it a higher score than at least 5 of the 50 beers sampled that day. I apologized to the Bruery later that month.

character limit test starting here:

Right about here somewhere is where the character limit kicks in. Why can I write a War and Peace-esque rating here but I get cut off for writing 4 paragraphs for a place rating? Also, when it gives me that error it deletes the entry completely. It’s really frustrating to dedicate time to improving the sad state of place ratings but have all my work taken away (for one rating). So I guess there are two issues here (in my opinion):
1) the character limit is too low on the place ratings, even though the body of most people’s ratings (both beer and place) are worthless
and
2) please save the text somewhere so I can cut it down to make it fit if I do go over the limit.
Limit reached.... ... ... now.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
edgallow (2277) - nashville, Tennessee, USA - AUG 24, 2013
12 oz bottle pours amber with a white head. Aroma and taste is corn and malts.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Drake (8702) - Free Union, Virginia, USA - AUG 19, 2013
Forty. Pours a clear amber color with a medium sized frothy tan head. Decent head retention. Aroma of intense corn, booze, faint hops. The taste is apples, corn, paper, grassy hops. Thin bodied. Poor even for a malt liquor.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
mikem409 (1557) - bloomfield, Michigan, USA - AUG 10, 2013
40 OZ bad boy pored from the brown bag. big props to my beer store for carrying this bad boy! pours a vibrant orange color with a big old sloppy white head, the kind of head you want your women to wake you up with on a chilly sunday morning before she cooks you bacon and eggs, yea that kind of head!
the aroma is sweet sweet malt the same smell of a fine ass woman you would find in the most upstanding gentle mans club, you know thw one where they have that very classy "back room" where the girl will dance that extra long dance for you and you come out broke with 5 drinks that you dont know where they came from.
the taste is like the first time you kissed a grown women it just knocks your socks off and you dont even know what just happend. like that but way better and mix it with a bowl of corn flakes and some slight chunk of grass from the front lawn you have not mowed in 2 months. so if you are ever in the mood for the best malt licka you need to rob stab and kill anyone to get your hands on this one of a kind treat. you will be so happy that you did and i dont get the bum rap these fantastic types of beers get. you dont have to buy a ticket or stand in a line to buy one. plus they are super cheap.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
geologyguy (741) - Columbia, South Carolina, USA - AUG 5, 2013
smell is actually decent, like a hint of apples. taste isnt terrible for malt liquor... still has that very slightly sweet apple taste

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
GT2 (8682) - San Diego County, California, USA - AUG 5, 2013
24oz can thanks to womencantsail and/or t0rin0. Clear deep golden pour with okay detergent like foam. Nose is sticky, white grape drank. Papery, bland taste with cloying white grape drank and tons of cardboard. Harsh papery palate. Bad, but not Area 51 bad.

One time I was marooned by my ex-girlfriend at the Sydney airport after she requested that fly from Melbourne to Sydney early to see her and visit platonically. But because her paranoid long distance boyfriend guilt tripped her into not seeing me at risk of their relationship, she decided instead of to inform me of this change of plans, that it would be better to maroon me in a city where I had no friends and had only spent 48 hours in before earlier in the month. So I had to quickly find a hostel to crash and it ended being in King’s Cross, which is the red light district of Sydney unbeknownst to me at the time. To “walk out” my frustration I walked from King’s Cross to Sydney Harbor and then to Darling Harbor to take some night shots with my bigger Canon SLR. I got some awesome shots but was a bit out of place walking around in shorts and a backpack while all the Aussies in Darling Harbor were dressed for fancy clubbing with $20 AUD covers and $10 beers. On my way to Sydney Harbor I ran into Local Taphouse Syndey, the top rated raebeer place in the city, and had my first non-shitty Australian made beer in the country after 75 sampled that month. It was made in Perth, which might as well be Thailand. In Sydney Harbor I randomly stumbled upon two other ratebeer places: Lowenbrau, which was a crappy German macro schnitzel and pretzel type place with towers of Paulaner lager teeming with loud girls; and Admiral Lord Nelson, which was a legit brewpub and hotel! purposefully hidden under a bridge on “The Rocks” of Sydney Harbor. I thought I found Shangri-La at Lord Nelson and was just going to post up there for the night. It was the embassy for my beer nerd ass in an unknown city. But to my shock, they closed at 10pm. On a Saturday. The bartender even gave me a full nitro pint of some okay beer and then 5 minutes later made me chug it or GTFO as last call in Australia might as well be renamed to Parents Just Came Back Early And You Threw A Giant Party. Some random dude saw I was all alone and pissed (mad not drunk), he was pretty drunk as evidenced by him destroying a chair in the place, and asked if I wanted to bar hop with his crew post Lord Nelson. I declined, but maybe I should have just seen what happened. Okay maybe not. He wasn’t my type anyway. Well, I got back to my hostel late at night (that was 8 kilometers of walking), around 1am but the hostel to my surprise was anything but asleep. Upon my return, a random backpacker in his thirties starting giving me shots of tequila and there was a dance party in the lobby. Two British girls at our hostel that were not so attractive tried getting me and the thirty year old Turkish (?) guy to come to some sketchy strip clubs across the street, which were still going strong at 1-2am. We declined since they had covers for males but free entrance for females. They came back after about 30 minutes with big smiles on their faces. “So how was that?” “Oh, they have free cocaine in the bathroom.”