overall

RATINGS: 433   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.39   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Is a naturally brewed malt liquor with a distinctive flavor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
geologyguy (993) - Columbia, South Carolina, USA - AUG 5, 2013
smell is actually decent, like a hint of apples. taste isnt terrible for malt liquor... still has that very slightly sweet apple taste

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
GT2 (9410) - San Diego County, California, USA - AUG 5, 2013
24oz can thanks to womencantsail and/or t0rin0. Clear deep golden pour with okay detergent like foam. Nose is sticky, white grape drank. Papery, bland taste with cloying white grape drank and tons of cardboard. Harsh papery palate. Bad, but not Area 51 bad.

One time I was marooned by my ex-girlfriend at the Sydney airport after she requested that fly from Melbourne to Sydney early to see her and visit platonically. But because her paranoid long distance boyfriend guilt tripped her into not seeing me at risk of their relationship, she decided instead of to inform me of this change of plans, that it would be better to maroon me in a city where I had no friends and had only spent 48 hours in before earlier in the month. So I had to quickly find a hostel to crash and it ended being in King’s Cross, which is the red light district of Sydney unbeknownst to me at the time. To “walk out” my frustration I walked from King’s Cross to Sydney Harbor and then to Darling Harbor to take some night shots with my bigger Canon SLR. I got some awesome shots but was a bit out of place walking around in shorts and a backpack while all the Aussies in Darling Harbor were dressed for fancy clubbing with $20 AUD covers and $10 beers. On my way to Sydney Harbor I ran into Local Taphouse Syndey, the top rated raebeer place in the city, and had my first non-shitty Australian made beer in the country after 75 sampled that month. It was made in Perth, which might as well be Thailand. In Sydney Harbor I randomly stumbled upon two other ratebeer places: Lowenbrau, which was a crappy German macro schnitzel and pretzel type place with towers of Paulaner lager teeming with loud girls; and Admiral Lord Nelson, which was a legit brewpub and hotel! purposefully hidden under a bridge on “The Rocks” of Sydney Harbor. I thought I found Shangri-La at Lord Nelson and was just going to post up there for the night. It was the embassy for my beer nerd ass in an unknown city. But to my shock, they closed at 10pm. On a Saturday. The bartender even gave me a full nitro pint of some okay beer and then 5 minutes later made me chug it or GTFO as last call in Australia might as well be renamed to Parents Just Came Back Early And You Threw A Giant Party. Some random dude saw I was all alone and pissed (mad not drunk), he was pretty drunk as evidenced by him destroying a chair in the place, and asked if I wanted to bar hop with his crew post Lord Nelson. I declined, but maybe I should have just seen what happened. Okay maybe not. He wasn’t my type anyway. Well, I got back to my hostel late at night (that was 8 kilometers of walking), around 1am but the hostel to my surprise was anything but asleep. Upon my return, a random backpacker in his thirties starting giving me shots of tequila and there was a dance party in the lobby. Two British girls at our hostel that were not so attractive tried getting me and the thirty year old Turkish (?) guy to come to some sketchy strip clubs across the street, which were still going strong at 1-2am. We declined since they had covers for males but free entrance for females. They came back after about 30 minutes with big smiles on their faces. “So how was that?” “Oh, they have free cocaine in the bathroom.”

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
DYCSoccer17 (3499) - Woodland, California, USA - AUG 3, 2013
40 ounce bottle purchased at Frenchy’s in Woodland, CA. The aroma is of corn and significant DMS. Light fruity vegetal notes, but not much in the way of fusel alcohols. which I would expect. Light cider aroma, too. The pour is a transparent yellow to golden color with an extremely rapidly dissipating head. which is unpleasant. Starts fairly sweet with lots of corn and DMS...plenty of adjuncts in this bad boy. nice sweetness throughout, without too much bitterness. Ethanol is hidden extremely well, and I do not detect much in the way of fusel alcohols. For a malt liquor, I don’t understand why this is rated so poorly. Meets style guidelines well, and frankly, this is one of the more drinkable ones I have had. Astonished this is one of the bottom 50 beers on this site, especially after the bud clamato picante I dis-enjoyed earlier today.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Chudwick (2479) - Cincyucky, Kentucky, USA - JUN 21, 2013
40oz bottle from Bi-Lo - pours straw yellow with white head. Nose is grainy and corny. Flavor adds light caramel and metal. Mildly sweet. Somewhat harsh. Light to medium body. Not refreshing and hard to drink.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Ret12 (453) - Maryland, USA - MAY 17, 2013
This was a bit different with a heavy mouth feel and a fusel alcohol finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
radarsock (1120) - Massachusetts, USA - MAY 13, 2013
Bought in town, at the local Gulf for $2.50. This 40 OZ. bottle was charmingly used as a method to channel laziness into my walkabout. No brown paper bag; it was haphazardly concealed in a black, and plastic polybag, that had also stored my legitimate receipt for the purchase. I drank this wonderful concoction behind broken homes with barking dogs in the gated front; abandoned truck beds; and in the semi-wild of a paved dirt footpaths of long forgotten lands of the minor south. I didn’t care who saw me. I was livin’ on the mothafuckin’ edge. And this likka is tight, ya’ll: Hella smooth, but still just the littlest bit metallic. Booze creeps like the players hustling the streets. Respect.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Westmeister (2096) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - APR 24, 2013
24 oz can. Smells like sweet corny metal with a hearty sour breadiness. Taste is not as offensive, just sweet corny and weak grains. As far as malt likkas go this is amongst the worst. Terrible dirty diaper burps.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jmagnus87 (2912) - Rockford, Illinois, USA - MAR 11, 2013
16oz can aged to perfection poured into a snifter. Born the 288thsounds day of 2009. Pours a clear, pale gold with a finger of white head. Aroma of corn, grains and sour green apple. Taste is light sweet. Corn and grains with that sour green apple anain and a dose of caramel. Medium bodied with a very smooth texture. Lively carbonation and a decently long finish. Overall, not bad for a 3.5 year old malt liquor. My only regret is not having a fresh obe to compare it to.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
adnielsen (10138) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - FEB 5, 2013
40 oz clear bottle @ home picked up at a small shop in Fort Collins. Poured into my HF tulip- has a clear, light golden appearance with a white head that dissipates quickly. Dull corn, sweet malt, metal notes in the nose- not world class malt liquer material at least in the nose. Veggie, chewy corn, fairly watery, a bit bready flavor. As the great womencantsail once said, this motherfucker is fairly inoffensive, but I wish I got a little more booze for the buck.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mikesaum (659) - Newark, Ohio, USA - JAN 20, 2013
UPDATED: NOV 17, 2013 drank straight from the 40. aroma is sweet and corny, cereal. bleh. looks like someone pissed in the bottle. taste is barely there, its like sweet corn water, but as the llabel states, it is smooth. dont drink unless you have to or have some nostalgia goin on. Recently I’ve gotten more fond of cobra as a good malt liquor to go to and guzzle down for a cheap buzz, much smoother than many other malt likkas.