overall

RATINGS: 415   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.37   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Is a naturally brewed malt liquor with a distinctive flavor.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
crossovert (6970) - Illinois, USA - MAY 23, 2012
Sweet, fruity. A shitty AB produced malt liquor that I consumed with my brother on his 21st as a joke.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
TravHimself (38) - mebane, North Carolina, USA - MAY 1, 2012
Probably one of my favorite 40ís I love craft beer but I also like to kill a 40 from time to time ...what kills me is beer snobs putting it down because it comes in a 40oz bottle and isnít super hoppy or have fruity aromas ...get over yourself beer is beer and I respect all forms ...cheers

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Onenote81 (1002) - Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA - APR 20, 2012
Original review: 7/8/09. The second of our "cheap beers" on game night. Poured from a big 40oz bottle into my pint. Pours a orange-tinted yellow with a good sized off-white head on top. Retention was lacking and there was little to no lacing present. Smells of grains, bread, and sweet fruits, surprisingly. Mouth was a little thin, but there was just enough carbonation to be enjoyable. Flavor was of sweet malts and hints of caramel. Not bad. I preferred the Colt 45 that we íenjoyedí last week more than this, but this is alright. It gets the job done. Itís big, cheap, and highly drinkable.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
taphandle (1135) - Texas, USA - JAN 24, 2012
For malt liquor, itís actually better than most. If Iím ever in "need" of a quick 40 - this is what Iíd get.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
sickassmick (220) - Concord, California, USA - NOV 27, 2011
Ok. so. i had an old family friend come over to record some music. last time he brought me st. ides. I got kinda angry, but itís studio time payment all the same. this time he brought a forty of king cobra. I drank about 3/4 of it. He left. I went out and bought some sierra nevada celebration ale. now my kids are going to bed and i come up here to do some school work and there is the last 1/4 forty water sitting on my desk. perfect time to rate it. warm y flat. smell from the funny little neck is actually not so bad. corn, grass. thats it really. not bad unless you hate corn and grass. actually there might be a little petroleum in the smell. Ok.... big breath. Iím going to chug the rest and write. hold on..... well that was almost the rest. this beer is really flat and warm. but i didnít get that gag reflex! not really. maybe a little. This beer is not like the st. ides and the o.e. and the steel reserve stuff. much lighter and easier. still not good, but ok for american malt liquor... like.. if somebody secretly poured out your Budweiser and replaced it with this you would have no clue it happened. You probably have to sip through about three of these to feel what it was meant to do. but budweiser has a cool drunk so iíd rather do that, even if it meant a couple bucks. Iím not sure i understand the market for this stuff but as payment for recording rap music, it works pretty well. I feel honored enough. urrrp

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Onionkid (361) - Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA - NOV 18, 2011
40oz. bottle. Ha, no one needs to be told specifically what the taste spectrum on something like this is. What Iíll say is, for the abv this one has, itís probably one of my favorites to get in that classic, trashy 40oz. Iíd hate to say I was pleasantly surprised, but I mean jeez, itís called King Cobra and comes in a bottle that just screams mediocrity...for what it is, meh itís not too bad. 6% alcohol.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
seymour (1401) - Maplewood, Missouri, USA - OCT 26, 2011
Tasted from can into standard pint glass. Poured a clear light golden color with a little weak white foam which subsided quickly, no lace. Aromas of grass and corn, no hops, harsh alcohol (why? itís only 6%!) Flavor comprised of a little malt-sweetness, but mostly corn, rushed fermentation esters of simple sugars, metal, oxidation. Rough, so rough. Iíve used it in chili, but you could do better even for that usage.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Boliv (1148) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 2, 2011
Forty. Enjoyed in Hueco Tanks, Tx. Iím perhaps a bit biased here, because I spent the entire day rock climbing, forgot to fill my water bottle before returning to my campsite, and went hours without drinking anything. Severely parched, a nice guy at the campfire offered me a 40oz. of King Cobra. Liquid? Yes please! Condensation glistening in the firelight, begging to be opened, I pounded this ice-cold deliciousness in one breath. Mild corn, sweet malt, with no hop profile or alcohol. But damn good to a thirsty climber. Thanks to whoever! [839]

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
loafgoat (53) - Eau Claire, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 23, 2011
Corn, sugar, and malt flavor. Texture ok. Pale straw color. Make sure top serve ice cold

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
beerguzzle25 (1) - - AUG 28, 2011 does not count
yes it taste like scat with a hint of molded yeast. You have to wonder if its Malt liquor or methanol and the fear of blindness. But if you can taste after your first three drinks good job. It does its job and does it well after 120oz you feel like you been bite by a Cobra!