overall

RATINGS: 433   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.39/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Is a naturally brewed malt liquor with a distinctive flavor.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Dogbrick (11512) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - DEC 8, 2008
Sample at the Hopsnobbery Collective Porter tasting on 12/4/08: The beer pours a clear light yellow-orange color with a thin and fizzy white head that burns away quickly. Spotty lacing on the glass. Aroma of corn and mild malt. Light-bodied with sweet vegetable and malt flavor. The finish is relatively flavorless with just a touch of sweet malt. Nowhere near as bad as I expected. Lack of flavor trumps horrible flavor any day.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
crossovert (11349) - Illinois, USA - MAY 23, 2012
UPDATED: MAR 11, 2016 Sweet, fruity. A shitty AB produced malt liquor that I consumed with my brother on his 21st as a joke. 40. This stuff is as bad as ever, every off-flavor you dont want in a malt is in this brew. Corny, sweet, metallic, vomity finish. The worst.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
daknole (10872) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - NOV 30, 2008
Wow I cannot believe this is mar’s favorite beer. Smells like ass, looks like piss and tastes like both. If anyone ever chooses to drink this because they like it, they should be forever banished to the far reaches of the solar system...you hear that mar?? lol

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
shrubber85 (10683) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - DEC 21, 2010
Can. Sour milk, malt and bitter grass aroma. Golden yellow color with large head. Creamy sweet malt flavor - (no fusels thank goodness). Low carbonation. Not horrible - might have drank this in my malt liquor days.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
adnielsen (10485) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - FEB 5, 2013
40 oz clear bottle @ home picked up at a small shop in Fort Collins. Poured into my HF tulip- has a clear, light golden appearance with a white head that dissipates quickly. Dull corn, sweet malt, metal notes in the nose- not world class malt liquer material at least in the nose. Veggie, chewy corn, fairly watery, a bit bready flavor. As the great womencantsail once said, this motherfucker is fairly inoffensive, but I wish I got a little more booze for the buck.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
faroeviking (10295) - FAROE ISLANDS - JAN 17, 2007
40 ounce bottle. Yellowish colour, no head at all. Maltish grainy bit sweet brew. Cheap get drunk beer.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
slowrunner77 (10145) - Reno, Nevada, USA - OCT 16, 2014
"stronger aroma and flavor in this one than some other 40’s...but that is NOT...i repeat NOT, a good thing. If you like this "beer" please seek help from a mental health professional."

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
deyholla (10001) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - OCT 3, 2009
Bottle. Poured a very pale yellow with a small white head. Aroma was very sweet, kind of like corn. Flavor was rough with an awkward sweet flavor.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
DocLock (9999) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 12, 2004
Yellow pour with a thick head. Alcohol in the taste, along with slight malt and very slight hops. Finishes acrid and ascerbic.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
GT (9982) - Oceanside, California, USA - AUG 5, 2013
24oz can thanks to womencantsail and/or t0rin0. Clear deep golden pour with okay detergent like foam. Nose is sticky, white grape drank. Papery, bland taste with cloying white grape drank and tons of cardboard. Harsh papery palate. Bad, but not Area 51 bad.

One time I was marooned by my ex-girlfriend at the Sydney airport after she requested that fly from Melbourne to Sydney early to see her and visit platonically. But because her paranoid long distance boyfriend guilt tripped her into not seeing me at risk of their relationship, she decided instead of to inform me of this change of plans, that it would be better to maroon me in a city where I had no friends and had only spent 48 hours in before earlier in the month. So I had to quickly find a hostel to crash and it ended being in King’s Cross, which is the red light district of Sydney unbeknownst to me at the time. To “walk out” my frustration I walked from King’s Cross to Sydney Harbor and then to Darling Harbor to take some night shots with my bigger Canon SLR. I got some awesome shots but was a bit out of place walking around in shorts and a backpack while all the Aussies in Darling Harbor were dressed for fancy clubbing with $20 AUD covers and $10 beers. On my way to Sydney Harbor I ran into Local Taphouse Syndey, the top rated raebeer place in the city, and had my first non-shitty Australian made beer in the country after 75 sampled that month. It was made in Perth, which might as well be Thailand. In Sydney Harbor I randomly stumbled upon two other ratebeer places: Lowenbrau, which was a crappy German macro schnitzel and pretzel type place with towers of Paulaner lager teeming with loud girls; and Admiral Lord Nelson, which was a legit brewpub and hotel! purposefully hidden under a bridge on “The Rocks” of Sydney Harbor. I thought I found Shangri-La at Lord Nelson and was just going to post up there for the night. It was the embassy for my beer nerd ass in an unknown city. But to my shock, they closed at 10pm. On a Saturday. The bartender even gave me a full nitro pint of some okay beer and then 5 minutes later made me chug it or GTFO as last call in Australia might as well be renamed to Parents Just Came Back Early And You Threw A Giant Party. Some random dude saw I was all alone and pissed (mad not drunk), he was pretty drunk as evidenced by him destroying a chair in the place, and asked if I wanted to bar hop with his crew post Lord Nelson. I declined, but maybe I should have just seen what happened. Okay maybe not. He wasn’t my type anyway. Well, I got back to my hostel late at night (that was 8 kilometers of walking), around 1am but the hostel to my surprise was anything but asleep. Upon my return, a random backpacker in his thirties starting giving me shots of tequila and there was a dance party in the lobby. Two British girls at our hostel that were not so attractive tried getting me and the thirty year old Turkish (?) guy to come to some sketchy strip clubs across the street, which were still going strong at 1-2am. We declined since they had covers for males but free entrance for females. They came back after about 30 minutes with big smiles on their faces. “So how was that?” “Oh, they have free cocaine in the bathroom.”