overall

RATINGS: 415   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.37   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Is a naturally brewed malt liquor with a distinctive flavor.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
GT2 (8332) - San Diego County, California, USA - AUG 5, 2013
24oz can thanks to womencantsail and/or t0rin0. Clear deep golden pour with okay detergent like foam. Nose is sticky, white grape drank. Papery, bland taste with cloying white grape drank and tons of cardboard. Harsh papery palate. Bad, but not Area 51 bad.

One time I was marooned by my ex-girlfriend at the Sydney airport after she requested that fly from Melbourne to Sydney early to see her and visit platonically. But because her paranoid long distance boyfriend guilt tripped her into not seeing me at risk of their relationship, she decided instead of to inform me of this change of plans, that it would be better to maroon me in a city where I had no friends and had only spent 48 hours in before earlier in the month. So I had to quickly find a hostel to crash and it ended being in King’s Cross, which is the red light district of Sydney unbeknownst to me at the time. To “walk out” my frustration I walked from King’s Cross to Sydney Harbor and then to Darling Harbor to take some night shots with my bigger Canon SLR. I got some awesome shots but was a bit out of place walking around in shorts and a backpack while all the Aussies in Darling Harbor were dressed for fancy clubbing with $20 AUD covers and $10 beers. On my way to Sydney Harbor I ran into Local Taphouse Syndey, the top rated raebeer place in the city, and had my first non-shitty Australian made beer in the country after 75 sampled that month. It was made in Perth, which might as well be Thailand. In Sydney Harbor I randomly stumbled upon two other ratebeer places: Lowenbrau, which was a crappy German macro schnitzel and pretzel type place with towers of Paulaner lager teeming with loud girls; and Admiral Lord Nelson, which was a legit brewpub and hotel! purposefully hidden under a bridge on “The Rocks” of Sydney Harbor. I thought I found Shangri-La at Lord Nelson and was just going to post up there for the night. It was the embassy for my beer nerd ass in an unknown city. But to my shock, they closed at 10pm. On a Saturday. The bartender even gave me a full nitro pint of some okay beer and then 5 minutes later made me chug it or GTFO as last call in Australia might as well be renamed to Parents Just Came Back Early And You Threw A Giant Party. Some random dude saw I was all alone and pissed (mad not drunk), he was pretty drunk as evidenced by him destroying a chair in the place, and asked if I wanted to bar hop with his crew post Lord Nelson. I declined, but maybe I should have just seen what happened. Okay maybe not. He wasn’t my type anyway. Well, I got back to my hostel late at night (that was 8 kilometers of walking), around 1am but the hostel to my surprise was anything but asleep. Upon my return, a random backpacker in his thirties starting giving me shots of tequila and there was a dance party in the lobby. Two British girls at our hostel that were not so attractive tried getting me and the thirty year old Turkish (?) guy to come to some sketchy strip clubs across the street, which were still going strong at 1-2am. We declined since they had covers for males but free entrance for females. They came back after about 30 minutes with big smiles on their faces. “So how was that?” “Oh, they have free cocaine in the bathroom.”

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Drake (8186) - Free Union, Virginia, USA - AUG 19, 2013
Forty. Pours a clear amber color with a medium sized frothy tan head. Decent head retention. Aroma of intense corn, booze, faint hops. The taste is apples, corn, paper, grassy hops. Thin bodied. Poor even for a malt liquor.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
jtclockwork (8170) - , New Jersey, USA - MAR 13, 2014
UPDATED: MAR 14, 2014 40 shared with Yanick. Pours clear yellow with thin white head. Nose and taste of creamed corn, light metal and toasted grain. Light bodied. Brings back memories at least.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Theydon_Bois (8076) - The ’Sham, Surrey, ENGLAND - MAY 5, 2014
Kicking of St Georges Day in our Maui apartment with this 40oz beast, not that I got any where near that much of it, 23/04/14. Clear golden with a moderate off white head that retains well. Nose is pale malt, grain, cereals, sawdust, gents urinal - specifically Bristol Temple Meads station platform 9. Taste improves ever so slightly, hint of caramel, popcorn, sugars, grain, straw, papery. Medium bodied, fine carbonation, sweet grainy close. Pretty Meh indeed !!!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Dogbrick (7839) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - DEC 8, 2008
Sample at the Hopsnobbery Collective Porter tasting on 12/4/08: The beer pours a clear light yellow-orange color with a thin and fizzy white head that burns away quickly. Spotty lacing on the glass. Aroma of corn and mild malt. Light-bodied with sweet vegetable and malt flavor. The finish is relatively flavorless with just a touch of sweet malt. Nowhere near as bad as I expected. Lack of flavor trumps horrible flavor any day.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
DocLock (7824) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 12, 2004
Yellow pour with a thick head. Alcohol in the taste, along with slight malt and very slight hops. Finishes acrid and ascerbic.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
shrubber85 (7515) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - DEC 21, 2010
Can. Sour milk, malt and bitter grass aroma. Golden yellow color with large head. Creamy sweet malt flavor - (no fusels thank goodness). Low carbonation. Not horrible - might have drank this in my malt liquor days.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
crossovert (7200) - Illinois, USA - MAY 23, 2012
Sweet, fruity. A shitty AB produced malt liquor that I consumed with my brother on his 21st as a joke.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Ibrew2or3 (6834) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - DEC 4, 2012
24oz can pours clear gold with a minute long near what head. The aroma is sugary sweet, white granulated table sugar sweetened creamed corn, apple juice and chemical booze. The taste really isn’t too hateful as it is pretty darn sweet and corn and apple juice like.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
deyholla (6568) - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA - OCT 3, 2009
Bottle. Poured a very pale yellow with a small white head. Aroma was very sweet, kind of like corn. Flavor was rough with an awkward sweet flavor.