overall

RATINGS: 433   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.39   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Is a naturally brewed malt liquor with a distinctive flavor.

t0rin0's rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
t0rin0 (72) - Do Not Resuscitate, California, USA - AUG 30, 2013
UPDATED: OCT 1, 2013 King mother effin Cobra. Like most people, I hate this the first time I tried it but for $1.09 for a 32oz (back in the 2002-2005 time frame) how could I lose?

Goes down smoother out of the glass bottle than out of the aluminum can and itís re-sealable; perfect for drinking games where you do not have to pound the whole thing. Pours very clear and sparkling yellow with an extremely fluffy white head that builds very fast but also falls very fast. Quite champagne-like in appearance. Should really be served in a flute and admired or poured into a pint glass, or possibly a funnel. All the of the preceding assumes that you actually pour this into a glass, but letís be serious for a minute here, youíll either drink straight from the bottle or youíll put this into a solo cup and take it with you to the party.

Aroma is very sweet and corn like. Depending on how good the corner liquor store took care of it, it could be very clean and only smelling of corn (and sometimes a little like solvent) or it could be skunky and have some arm pit-type odors in addition to the sweet corn. I wonder if this could be used to entice the livestock to eat more.

Flavor is best when ice cold. Drink it cold and fast. Despite only (ďonlyĒ) being 6% abv, this is fairly boozy. Lots of corn and bitterness dominate but there are hints of bug spray, grass, and when warm even some malt.

I wont say that this is the worst beer ever, not by a long shot. There are way worse ďcraftĒ beers out there. In fact, back in 2008, I took this to a bottle share at the Verdugo in LA. I poured it into an already emptied Bruery Saison de Lente bottle and told everyone that it was a new experimental beer from the Bruery. Most people picked out the corn (not surprisingly) but many agreed that it was not the worst beer of the day. Personally I gave it a higher score than at least 5 of the 50 beers sampled that day. I apologized to the Bruery later that month.

character limit test starting here:

Right about here somewhere is where the character limit kicks in. Why can I write a War and Peace-esque rating here but I get cut off for writing 4 paragraphs for a place rating? Also, when it gives me that error it deletes the entry completely. Itís really frustrating to dedicate time to improving the sad state of place ratings but have all my work taken away (for one rating). So I guess there are two issues here (in my opinion):
1) the character limit is too low on the place ratings, even though the body of most peopleís ratings (both beer and place) are worthless
and
2) please save the text somewhere so I can cut it down to make it fit if I do go over the limit.
Limit reached.... ... ... now.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 11/20
beer_rookie (136) - Arkansas, USA - JUN 10, 2015
40oz bottle poured into piilsner glass.

Pours like apple juice, as far as color goes. It has a decent head, not overwhelming. Doesnít lat long. Some lacing as you swirl, but not a lot.

Aroma is meh. First glass was terrible. Second glass isnít quite so bad. I smell corn, maybe sone cooked vegetables (again, corn). Maybe a little breadiness. Bubble gum. Iím not impressed. It has less of an aroma than say, Budweiser.

Taste is pretty sweet. Again first glass was not so good, second glass isnít quite so terrible. Itís stout, but pretty smooth. Itís pretty strong. Iím not sure about taste.

Mouthfeel is very mixed. First glass, it made my mouth numb. Second glass, mouth went numb again, but not so much. Itís smooth, but thatís about all.

Overall, you should probably drink it straight it from the bottle. The more I drink it, the more I like it. But for now, as I drink it at the moment, itís not great. I do however like the price. "Donít let the smooth taste fool ya" what the heck does that mean? I donít really like it, sooo, is this a trick? Am I a fool? No. If youíre looking for malt liquor, try something else.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
ordybill (665) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - MAY 24, 2015
Poured from a 40 OZ bottle into a red solo cup. This still couldnít conceal my shame!!! This beer is horrible from the color, smell to the taste. I didnít even like the label on the bottle. I donít mind a good malt liquor, I like Colt 45, Magnum and Private Stock. But this is awful.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
terefere (277) - Durham, USA - MAY 8, 2015
Bottle. Pours pale golden, clear. Aroma of corn and sweet malt. Taste of malt, corn, water.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
ffbot (60) - Oakland, California, USA - APR 22, 2015
Chugged straight from the 16 ounce can... Nice grassy and corn smell and taste, itís different tasting from most malt liquors cause itís not all sweetness and nothing but sweetness, there is a different taste here thatís quite drinkable. Some decent head in the can from what I can see, it lasted throughout the time I drank it. Itís super drinkable, a little watery - but light carbonation and no skunkiness makes this very easy to down. I got a little buzz chugging it on an empty stomach. Nothin to complain too much about.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
Bloodman (8) - Kew Gardens, New York, USA - APR 21, 2015 does not count
Nothing special. Simple cheap beer with a okay taste. Blonde color with a head that won't last if you turn your head to get a sandwich. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Nejhleader (1333) - Lemoyne, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 12, 2015
grassy malt smell, malty grass taste. itís not the worst thing ever created by man.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
mstrcrwly (667) - New York, USA - APR 7, 2015
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ..blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
AdamT (251) - North Carolina, USA - MAR 25, 2015
40oz from Food Lion. Golden hue, with fully diminishing white fizzy head. Virtually no lacing. Aroma of water and corn. Taste of sweet corn and malt with a dry finsih. It really didnít taste much different from a Bud or Bud Light which is okay if you are trying to get a solid buzz. For less than $3 bucks it isnít that bad and was a good beer to enjoy when your cooking on the grill on a Saturday night.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
goozen (3384) - Leiden, NETHERLANDS - MAR 20, 2015
Bottle 1,18ltr: Deep golden clear colored brew with an very faintly sweet bitter taste with some hints of some corn. Mine first Malt Liquor from the U.S.A. and immediate the blandest one, but an nice label.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
40ozkid (2) - New York, USA - JAN 7, 2015 does not count
Decent stuff, dry typish with a a slight aftertaste that im iffy on, decent buzz, killer label, definitely better than A-B flagship brews bud and bud light, theres malts id recommend over this but theres some id recommend it over, worth an occasional cop but not on a regular basis, A-B malt Hurricane is better