overall

RATINGS: 415   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.37   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Is a naturally brewed malt liquor with a distinctive flavor.

t0rin0's rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
t0rin0 (62) - Do Not Resuscitate, California, USA - AUG 30, 2013
UPDATED: OCT 1, 2013 King mother effin Cobra. Like most people, I hate this the first time I tried it but for $1.09 for a 32oz (back in the 2002-2005 time frame) how could I lose?

Goes down smoother out of the glass bottle than out of the aluminum can and it’s re-sealable; perfect for drinking games where you do not have to pound the whole thing. Pours very clear and sparkling yellow with an extremely fluffy white head that builds very fast but also falls very fast. Quite champagne-like in appearance. Should really be served in a flute and admired or poured into a pint glass, or possibly a funnel. All the of the preceding assumes that you actually pour this into a glass, but let’s be serious for a minute here, you’ll either drink straight from the bottle or you’ll put this into a solo cup and take it with you to the party.

Aroma is very sweet and corn like. Depending on how good the corner liquor store took care of it, it could be very clean and only smelling of corn (and sometimes a little like solvent) or it could be skunky and have some arm pit-type odors in addition to the sweet corn. I wonder if this could be used to entice the livestock to eat more.

Flavor is best when ice cold. Drink it cold and fast. Despite only (“only”) being 6% abv, this is fairly boozy. Lots of corn and bitterness dominate but there are hints of bug spray, grass, and when warm even some malt.

I wont say that this is the worst beer ever, not by a long shot. There are way worse “craft” beers out there. In fact, back in 2008, I took this to a bottle share at the Verdugo in LA. I poured it into an already emptied Bruery Saison de Lente bottle and told everyone that it was a new experimental beer from the Bruery. Most people picked out the corn (not surprisingly) but many agreed that it was not the worst beer of the day. Personally I gave it a higher score than at least 5 of the 50 beers sampled that day. I apologized to the Bruery later that month.

character limit test starting here:

Right about here somewhere is where the character limit kicks in. Why can I write a War and Peace-esque rating here but I get cut off for writing 4 paragraphs for a place rating? Also, when it gives me that error it deletes the entry completely. It’s really frustrating to dedicate time to improving the sad state of place ratings but have all my work taken away (for one rating). So I guess there are two issues here (in my opinion):
1) the character limit is too low on the place ratings, even though the body of most people’s ratings (both beer and place) are worthless
and
2) please save the text somewhere so I can cut it down to make it fit if I do go over the limit.
Limit reached.... ... ... now.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
AAEA (98) - California, USA - JUN 19, 2014
40 FL OZ. ($1.99) this is total boosh and straight up bum beer. the drink of choice among homeless and underage drinkers. An overwhelming slap in the face to serve anyone who enjoys good beer. drink at your own risk.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
DrewFace (724) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - MAY 6, 2014
Can share thanks to Homer321. Pours a crystal clear golden color with minimal white head, dissipates quicky. Very mild, subtle sweet malt character, with light notes of corn. Light sweet crisp adjunct flavor. Watery, not much mouthfeel at all. Overall, not too bad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Homer321 (1744) - Rock Ridge, Florida, USA - MAY 6, 2014
24oz to snifter. Crystal clear light yellow with large white head that dies immediately. Aroma is corn/rice/hay with some honey sweetness. Taste is initially sweet with some fruitiness. Pretty solid but the finish is just too sweet. Has some alcohol warning as well.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Theydon_Bois (7935) - The ’Sham, Surrey, ENGLAND - MAY 5, 2014
Kicking of St Georges Day in our Maui apartment with this 40oz beast, not that I got any where near that much of it, 23/04/14. Clear golden with a moderate off white head that retains well. Nose is pale malt, grain, cereals, sawdust, gents urinal - specifically Bristol Temple Meads station platform 9. Taste improves ever so slightly, hint of caramel, popcorn, sugars, grain, straw, papery. Medium bodied, fine carbonation, sweet grainy close. Pretty Meh indeed !!!

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
tectactoe (1481) - Michigan, USA - APR 30, 2014
Bottle: Not just any bottle. Hittin’ hard on that big FOUR-OH, baby. Drank the neck’s worth of beer, then topped it off with some Tropicana Orange Juice. On that solid Brass Monkey tip, or as I like to call it, the Poor Man’s Mimosa. When coupled with blunting orange juice, it’s very tolerable. In fact, it’s actually quite tasty. The beer alone, however, is a metallic, grainy, astringent shit storm.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
Headbanger (3230) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - APR 18, 2014
Bottle (Old Notes)-Pours a medium golden with a small white head. Aroma of corn and sweetness. Taste of the same. This light to medium bodied brew is not very good.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
DrSilverworm (6003) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - APR 17, 2014
25oz can, from a Kroger in a more urban neighborhood. Code on the bottom reads "14065 WA39". Yeah, that’s right, this is a twenty-FIVE ounce can. I was on the fence about purchasing this beverage, but once I noticed that this can generously included and extra ounce, I knew my decision was made. Shared with homies. Totally clear golden color. Thin white, kind of bubbly head. Looks decent. Head retains reasonably well, better than expected. Couple ropes of lace, even. Smooth, kind of soft, light to moderate carbonation. Medium body. Light dry bite to the finish. Some wet bready flavor. Light spicy hop or something. Beery taste I guess, not much flavor at all to it, kind of watery overall, but not terribly offensive flavor. Taste is definitely offensive though. Very big bite at the end gets noticeable more and more as you go. Mouth is signficantly number towards the end of this, seems like my mouth is buzzing from numbness, even. Mouth feels very dry, the beer is not helping at all with that. We had to get glasses of water before continuing. Feeling a very weird buzz from this beer... But I think it’s from the adjnucts, not the alcohol. I’ve drinking many other 6% beers faster than this and never had this same feeling. There’s some kind of chemical in this that is messing people up and maybe even getting them addicted to this stuff, who knows. Interesting, but the taste in the end makes it hard to drink. A noticeable bite to it. Interesting to try, but no way this could make for an every day’r unless we want to go crazy. I feel like if I started drinking this regularly... I’d be very down on my luck, before I knew it... Friends say "Exceptionally watery. Aroma is like that of banana Runts candy. This tastes like they took a bag of malts, dumped it into a vat of water, and left it out in the rain for several days. Body is kind of like a sugary soft drink. Coasts your whole mouth, not in a good way."

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
tylerdurden420 (1) - - MAR 16, 2014 does not count
I love king cobra. Yes its cheap but its a acquiring taste like everything else. When you get that taste you definitely want to chase the cobra. Ive used cobra to play beer pong with and ive beer bonged cobra. Love this drink.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
jtclockwork (7952) - , New Jersey, USA - MAR 13, 2014
UPDATED: MAR 14, 2014 40 shared with Yanick. Pours clear yellow with thin white head. Nose and taste of creamed corn, light metal and toasted grain. Light bodied. Brings back memories at least.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
obguthr (3651) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - MAR 11, 2014
40 oz. bottle: Smells of corn and vomit. Piss yellow, headless. Alcohol not noticeable, neither is much flavor. Fizzy water, but curiously not dry. Actually palatable for a malt liquor, but flavorless.