overall

RATINGS: 432   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.39   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Is a naturally brewed malt liquor with a distinctive flavor.

t0rin0's rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
t0rin0 (72) - Do Not Resuscitate, California, USA - AUG 30, 2013
UPDATED: OCT 1, 2013 King mother effin Cobra. Like most people, I hate this the first time I tried it but for $1.09 for a 32oz (back in the 2002-2005 time frame) how could I lose?

Goes down smoother out of the glass bottle than out of the aluminum can and it’s re-sealable; perfect for drinking games where you do not have to pound the whole thing. Pours very clear and sparkling yellow with an extremely fluffy white head that builds very fast but also falls very fast. Quite champagne-like in appearance. Should really be served in a flute and admired or poured into a pint glass, or possibly a funnel. All the of the preceding assumes that you actually pour this into a glass, but let’s be serious for a minute here, you’ll either drink straight from the bottle or you’ll put this into a solo cup and take it with you to the party.

Aroma is very sweet and corn like. Depending on how good the corner liquor store took care of it, it could be very clean and only smelling of corn (and sometimes a little like solvent) or it could be skunky and have some arm pit-type odors in addition to the sweet corn. I wonder if this could be used to entice the livestock to eat more.

Flavor is best when ice cold. Drink it cold and fast. Despite only (“only”) being 6% abv, this is fairly boozy. Lots of corn and bitterness dominate but there are hints of bug spray, grass, and when warm even some malt.

I wont say that this is the worst beer ever, not by a long shot. There are way worse “craft” beers out there. In fact, back in 2008, I took this to a bottle share at the Verdugo in LA. I poured it into an already emptied Bruery Saison de Lente bottle and told everyone that it was a new experimental beer from the Bruery. Most people picked out the corn (not surprisingly) but many agreed that it was not the worst beer of the day. Personally I gave it a higher score than at least 5 of the 50 beers sampled that day. I apologized to the Bruery later that month.

character limit test starting here:

Right about here somewhere is where the character limit kicks in. Why can I write a War and Peace-esque rating here but I get cut off for writing 4 paragraphs for a place rating? Also, when it gives me that error it deletes the entry completely. It’s really frustrating to dedicate time to improving the sad state of place ratings but have all my work taken away (for one rating). So I guess there are two issues here (in my opinion):
1) the character limit is too low on the place ratings, even though the body of most people’s ratings (both beer and place) are worthless
and
2) please save the text somewhere so I can cut it down to make it fit if I do go over the limit.
Limit reached.... ... ... now.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
ordybill (539) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - MAY 24, 2015
Poured from a 40 OZ bottle into a red solo cup. This still couldn’t conceal my shame!!! This beer is horrible from the color, smell to the taste. I didn’t even like the label on the bottle. I don’t mind a good malt liquor, I like Colt 45, Magnum and Private Stock. But this is awful.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
terefere (267) - Durham, USA - MAY 8, 2015
Bottle. Pours pale golden, clear. Aroma of corn and sweet malt. Taste of malt, corn, water.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
ffbot (28) - Oakland, California, USA - APR 22, 2015
Chugged straight from the 16 ounce can... Nice grassy and corn smell and taste, it’s different tasting from most malt liquors cause it’s not all sweetness and nothing but sweetness, there is a different taste here that’s quite drinkable. Some decent head in the can from what I can see, it lasted throughout the time I drank it. It’s super drinkable, a little watery - but light carbonation and no skunkiness makes this very easy to down. I got a little buzz chugging it on an empty stomach. Nothin to complain too much about.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
Bloodman (8) - Kew Gardens, New York, USA - APR 21, 2015 does not count
Nothing special. Simple cheap beer with a okay taste. Blonde color with a head that won't last if you turn your head to get a sandwich. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Nejhleader (1309) - Lemoyne, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 12, 2015
grassy malt smell, malty grass taste. it’s not the worst thing ever created by man.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
mstrcrwly (603) - New York, USA - APR 7, 2015
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ..blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
AdamT (238) - North Carolina, USA - MAR 25, 2015
40oz from Food Lion. Golden hue, with fully diminishing white fizzy head. Virtually no lacing. Aroma of water and corn. Taste of sweet corn and malt with a dry finsih. It really didn’t taste much different from a Bud or Bud Light which is okay if you are trying to get a solid buzz. For less than $3 bucks it isn’t that bad and was a good beer to enjoy when your cooking on the grill on a Saturday night.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
goozen (3302) - Leiden, NETHERLANDS - MAR 20, 2015
Bottle 1,18ltr: Deep golden clear colored brew with an very faintly sweet bitter taste with some hints of some corn. Mine first Malt Liquor from the U.S.A. and immediate the blandest one, but an nice label.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
40ozkid (2) - New York, USA - JAN 7, 2015 does not count
Decent stuff, dry typish with a a slight aftertaste that im iffy on, decent buzz, killer label, definitely better than A-B flagship brews bud and bud light, theres malts id recommend over this but theres some id recommend it over, worth an occasional cop but not on a regular basis, A-B malt Hurricane is better

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Yeroc (1) - California, USA - DEC 15, 2014 does not count
Simply the best bang for your buck and taste way better that regular Budweiser out bud light.