overall
Brewed by Kirin Brewery Company
Style: Pale Lager
Tokyo, Japan

RATINGS: 1521   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.16   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Finest barley malt, premium hops, smooth finish, no bitter aftertaste.

Editor's Note: Also brewed in the US: "Anheuser-Busch began brewing Kirin Lager, Kirin Ichiban and Kirin Light at its Los Angeles brewery in 1997. The agreement marks the first time Anheuser-Busch has produced foreign brands for sale in the United States."

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
SilkTork (5273) - Rochester, Kent, United Kingdom, Kent, ENGLAND - DEC 4, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 10, 2014
Dec, 2003 Bottle. Mine is 5.5%, brewed under licence in the UK by Charles Wells. Its cold, wet and drinkable, but it has absolutely no character. Very subtle malt and delicate hops. As my grandmother would say: There’s nothing there to offend anyone. And I suppose that’s the point. I mean, it’s not bad beer - there is some taste there, and the taste is pleasant enough - but I’ve had mineral water with more flavour and character than this. [2.0]
<March, 2012 Keg - Slug & Lettuce, Woodford Green. Dry. Faint hops. Wheat flavour. Some rust. Not interesting, but drinkable. [2.3 ]

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
smoosh (536) - New Albany, Indiana, USA - NOV 30, 2003
Draft: their attempt at BMC. No aroma or flavor to speak of. Maybe a touch of malt and a touch of corn. No bitterness at all. Forgetable ... I hope.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - NOV 21, 2003
UPDATED: APR 13, 2004 Piss yellow, no head. When I first tried this stuff I thought I had a cold and couldn't taste. So I had my roommate try it and he thought it was tasteless as well. Then my other roommate bought some to try and he told me it tasted horrible so I tasted a swig and holy crap, I must have had a cold the first time I tried it cause it tasted worse than a rotten cod fish wrapped in a shitty diaper. Its enough to gag a maggot.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
BückDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - NOV 13, 2003
Light hops detectable in the aroma, nothing else. Very clear color, light golden with quickly dispersing head. The flavor is also lightly hoppy with a hint of malt in the back. Finishes very watered down with a slight fruity end. This wasn't a bad lager, just didn't have any of the malt flavors that are good in beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Reid (1944) - Salem, Oregon, USA - NOV 12, 2003
Ok bought in the 21.4 oz bottle to go along with some sushi I had got. Nice enough beer to look at..deep clear gold colour with a largish foamy pure white head with some active carbonation. Smell also is pleasant yet pretty average for a lager..nicefresh hops..slighly peppery..but mostly a bread smell. The taste however is a let down..this is almost exactly the same as Budweiser for a premium price..thin and leaves no impression at all..least its not horrible. Pretty wishy washy on the palate. NOt drinkable to me at all..even with sushi..I'll buy Sapporo Reserve next time.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
TheRimmer (483) - Florida, USA - NOV 9, 2003
Skunk nose. taste was...i dont even know. non existant? Dry as hell finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
DragonStout (1408) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - OCT 29, 2003
Amber in color with a nice head.A medium bodied lager with lots of malt.Goes greta with sushi.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
archstanton (105) - mukilteo, Washington, USA - OCT 29, 2003
smells like a skunk beer and looks and tastes like one.overall its worth a try

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 20, 2003
Light golden body with moderate carbonation and a fast-fading fizzy head. Aroma of grassy hops and pale malt. Light flavor and palate. The best of the 3 widely available Japanese beers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Jahills (151) - Cambridge (Hobart), AUSTRALIA - OCT 17, 2003
mmm, nothing stand out. I suppose it is a japanese lager, so i shouldnt be expecting a lot. It is a nice clean colour but it has little aroma. Tastes grainy and a little too light. not too much flavour and zero aftertaste. Overpriced for a standard, inoffensive, japanise lager.