overall

RATINGS: 480   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.91/5   IBU: 131   EST. CALORIES: 338   ABV: 11.25%
Simtra Triple IPA delivers a punch in the face with its very danky hop aroma derived from Simcoe and Citra hops. You wanted more hops you got them.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Errl (2442) - Plano, Texas, USA - FEB 26, 2014
Had plenty of times on tap during sf beer week...Pour is golden with a nice head..Nose is dank pine, stone fruit, resin,...Taste is dank citrus, spice, nice pine and tropical fruits..Very nice balance of flavors going on with this beer..This is much better than younger

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
callmemickey (4222) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 23, 2014
Dark orange-amber, large off-white head, soapy lacing. Grapefruit, resin, pine and a decent amount of pale and caramel malts. Medium to full bodied, moderate carbonation, assertive bitterness. Big and burly.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
gyllenbock (7563) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - FEB 17, 2014
Sample at The Bistro DIPA-Festival, February 8. (my first one from this brewery) Clear golden with a white head. Really bitter with grapefruit, some mango and grass. The finish was dry and bitter.

mililani (25) - - FEB 9, 2014
Very similar to PTY. I know. I just had the PTY 2014 release a day ago and had a Simtra afterwards. My wife and friend also agreed. If anyone wants to know what PTY tastes like, get this beer now.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Tongan77 (115) - Ventura, California, USA - JAN 27, 2014
From bottle! Pours a cloudy orange with a nice white head. Aroma is of citrus notes. Taste is very hoppy with a nice finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
PhilJackson80 (531) - Oklahoma, USA - JAN 23, 2014
UPDATED: APR 20, 2014 22 oz Bomber. The beer pours to light orange / dark golden color. The aroma is very strong with grapefruit, citrus, tropical fruit scents. The taste has a fresh hop , citrusy, piney taste to it. Very good balance in the flavor for the 11.2 ABV. I did not notice the alcohol much at all. The beer i got had virtually no carbonation so i’m not sure it’s the best representation of the beer but still has an excellent flavor & aroma to it. Would like to try again with more carbonation & a little fresher to see how it compares. Updated 2/13/14: I tried another bottle of this today & the beer had a much fresher taste to it with a lot more carbonation to it. The aroma was about the same but the flavor & mouthful was much better on this one. Absolutely a great beer will be buying another one after this tasting.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
CheersMate (1340) - Portland (Sellhood), Oregon, USA - JAN 21, 2014
22 oz. bottle from the Santa Clarita Whole Foods. Bottle date: 1/5/2014/. Ive got a fairly fresh beer here, so its not going to get any better. Aroma is an amalgam of bubblegum, orange peel, grapefruit, and maybe a little pine. I have a bit of a cold, so only my left nostril seems to be picking things up, but what it does pick up is quite nice. Its nice and sweet, first, but then it develops into this mammoth orange, bubblegum, pine, and dare I say spicy flavor. Theres a lingering bitterness, which is quite nice. To tell you the truth - the alcohol is well hidden, however, there is some detectable booziness in there. Overall, this is nice, but for $10 for a bomber. Even that, these days, is getting quite steep for a well-rounded, double IPA. People may say, "Its 11.12% ABV, so its worth the money." I get that Im getting more alcohol, but since when did high ABV = high price? Good stuff, but this will be the last time I buy at this price.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
cobaink2 (416) - seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 19, 2014
Huge triple ipa. Grapefruit and hops really shine through. It's not quite as full bodied as I was hoping. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jrob21 (3405) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JAN 18, 2014
Bomber from bevmo. At 11.25 this is one of the higher alcohol contents I can recall for an ipa. Does not let you down flavor malt or arom wise. Pretty intense citrus and bubblegum hop flavor and aroma. Tangerine and other tropical flavors working as well. Oh god the hops just dont stop. Getting different hop flavors as it warms and with each sip. More bubblegum coming out. Really nice.

BrockLanders (780) - Panama City, Florida, USA - JAN 14, 2014
Great brew.....had it shipped from Bev4Less. I like that these 6 bottles were fresh (12/23/2013). While I certainly enjoyed this beer, I have to admit I was a bit underwhelmed. I read previous reviewers mentioning it on par with Pliny so I was expecting big things. Nose was terrific....big on the hops....loved it. The flavor was good, but the tropical fruit aspect (for me) was just too much....and as I progressed through the bottle it really wore on me. I really love big over the top IPAs like this so I definitely enjoyed the overall experience. Not sure Id pay the extra bucks to have this one shipped to FL again.