Brewed by Columbia Brewery (Labatt-InBev)
Style: Pale Lager
Creston, Canada

RATINGS: 475   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.13/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Kokanee is a 5.0 percent alcohol (by volume) lager that is smooth, clean and lightly hopped. It is brewed with mountain stream fed water and a blend of 3 malts and features a unique combination of superior Western-grown North American hops. Brewed in the Kootenay Mountains of British Columbia by the Columbia Brewing Company, Kokanee is British Columbia's most popular beer over the last 10 years. Since its introduction to the Northwest U.S. in the summer of 1994, many people have discovered and enjoyed Kokanee's cool, crisp, glacier fresh taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Tom Servo (424) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - APR 7, 2002
Ah, Canada... This is kind of an odd one. They say its premium, but it really seems to be average across the board to me. My roomate wants to marry the guy who first brewed it though. Id rather have a Fat Tire.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
thefatguy (34) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - MAR 29, 2002
Very nice beer. I enjoy trying to find the abomidable snowman, or a skiier or whatever in the label. Tastes good in bottles or on tap. It must be the Glacier fresh water. Its the beer out here.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
DubbelO7 (42) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 24, 2002
Surprisingly tolerable suds from the great white North Better than 90% of mass produced American crap beer . Good cheap beer, period.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
albert007 (415) - Penobsquis, New Brunswick, CANADA - MAR 23, 2002
UPDATED: AUG 26, 2003 Simply put, this is a great tasting beer, and my favourite big business swill for sure. I think this was the first beer I ever tasted, so maybe that has an effect on me. I rate this so highly purely for the fact that a glass of it goes down so smoothly and quickly with no aftertaste, exept for a crisp refreshing bite...I sound like a beer commercial...so I'll stop.

markymark (82) - Duluth, Minnesota, USA - MAR 22, 2002
A very high quality beer from the mountains....nice, smooth taste to it...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Filsinger99 (17) - Calgary, CANADA - MAR 4, 2002
Definitly one of my favourite beers. In my opinion the Gold is better but I dont walk away disapointed if Gold isnt on tap. Good clean taste, makes it very easy to enjoy alone or with some food. But like most beers it is just that much better on tap.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
chaseandjoel (9) - Transcona, Manitoba, CANADA - FEB 22, 2002 does not count
Nice beer, always a back up choice of mine if OV is not available

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Izzy99 (4) - USA - FEB 9, 2002 does not count
I dont understand how you people hate this beer, its simple and it goes down like water! Rock on

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Murphy (1759) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - FEB 9, 2002
This is a great beer, and it saddens me to see you guys trash on it. It is quite possibly on of the best beers at such a low price

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
LuckySmarms99 (80) - Ontario, USA - FEB 5, 2002
Ratings are so high because they got me to buy this stuff 4 years ago when it started up. wont go near it now...