Brewed by Columbia Brewery (Labatt-InBev)
Style: Pale Lager
Creston, Canada

RATINGS: 474   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.13   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Kokanee is a 5.0 percent alcohol (by volume) lager that is smooth, clean and lightly hopped. It is brewed with mountain stream fed water and a blend of 3 malts and features a unique combination of superior Western-grown North American hops. Brewed in the Kootenay Mountains of British Columbia by the Columbia Brewing Company, Kokanee is British Columbia's most popular beer over the last 10 years. Since its introduction to the Northwest U.S. in the summer of 1994, many people have discovered and enjoyed Kokanee's cool, crisp, glacier fresh taste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
steelersfan07 (21) - Boise, Idaho, USA - DEC 22, 2009
Canít beat $9.99 a twelve pack. It was good, not anything special. Average beer, alittle more watery, but I guess that goes with being a Glacier Beer. On sale all over Boise too, so bottles up I guess.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
mtm00799 (20) - Ontario, CANADA - OCT 31, 2001
-Clone! Reminds me VERY much of both Wildcat & Blue. -The Kokanee in canís from B.C. deffinately tasted Markedly diff. -save your money & buy Wildcat.(if you Must)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
zoomer6999 (20) - winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - JAN 3, 2003
This is surprisingly not bad tasting beer

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Reeko (20) - British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 15, 2015
I really have nothing to say about this beer. I would rather drink water. After switching to craft brew I will never go back to kokanee.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
yomamaphat (19) - USA - JAN 19, 2006
One of my favorites, I grew up near the brewery (I was 60 miles from the Canadian border). Iíve been drinking this for years and it seems to vary by batch (or my taste does). It goes from Decent to Excellent in my experience. It smells rich, but not too strong. Has a nice color to it, not anything surprising for the flavor. Goes down like beer, but the finish is very nice and refreshing. Good for summer and winter.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Jagooar (18) - British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 10, 2011
Definitely lightly hopped. I think that slight-and very slight-bitterness scares some into trading Kokanee for the other taste-free mega beers. However, still very flavourless, especially when cold. Good for a summer day, or game day. But, at a slightly higher price point than the other cheap stuff, Iím gonna go with the other cheap stuff every time. Not much different and not worth the extra couple bucks.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 11/20
beer4president (17) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAY 2, 2004
Probably Canadas best beer. If you are in Canada only drink kokanee because their other beers suck.... sorry Canadians but its true.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Filsinger99 (17) - Calgary, CANADA - MAR 4, 2002
Definitly one of my favourite beers. In my opinion the Gold is better but I dont walk away disapointed if Gold isnt on tap. Good clean taste, makes it very easy to enjoy alone or with some food. But like most beers it is just that much better on tap.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
dI5tIL (15) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 11, 2003
Glacier water and not much else. I was raised on it, but hadn't tried it since I was 18. What was I thinking? Original brewery was in Nelson, moved to Creston as the Columbia Brewing Company. Recently bought by Labatt's. Maybe it was better when I was 18?

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
rbloodworth (15) - CANADA - FEB 23, 2005
UPDATED: MAR 13, 2005 Definitely adjuncts at work here. Smells ans tastes like Canadian beer, but when you get one cold enough its carbonation level makes it a good beer. For the amount I pay for this stuff, itís a staple.