overall

RATINGS: 612   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97   IBU: 21   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
Our brewers wanted to make a beer that went down easy after a day out on the water. Big Wave Golden Ale is just the ticket. Big Wave is a lighter bodied golden ale with a tropical hop aroma and flavor Ė a smooth, easy drinking refreshing ale. The use of caramel malt contributes to the golden hue of this beer and our special blend of hops provides bright quenching finish. 10.3į

Malts: Pale (Premium 2-Row), Caramel
Hops: Galaxy, Citra

Gno500 (2) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - AUG 24, 2013 does not count
I love this beer, I dont usually buy craft beer but I would definatley buy this again...keep it up guys, good job! Gino, Minneapolis

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
HuskerTan (573) - Holdrege, Nebraska, USA - DEC 28, 2013
UPDATED: DEC 30, 2013 Bottle. A- Citrus, wheat. A- Pale golden color, hazy liquid, white head. T- Balanced. Wheat tones, lemon, orange, grapefruit tones. P- Light body, smooth texture, average carbonation. Refreshing finish. O- One of my all time favorites. A solid Golden ale. I am a big fan of the Citra hops used here. Very smooth and refreshing.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
rhys_mavis (11) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 26, 2010
Had the chance to visit the brewery on the big island a couple years ago and loved their selection of beers! Two good things came of this discovery, one being that the whole island serves it so i was able to indulge with most meals and two being now that I know about Kona Brew Iím able to spot it out in stores, purchase it, and share it with friends who havenít been to hawaii...yet!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Peacemaker (2) - Huntington Beach, California, USA - NOV 25, 2012 does not count
I tasted this amazing beer at a food tasting event in Newport CA and I was hooked to the flavor, the taste, the aroma and the tropical finish. I was impressed and no wonder why the stores keep refilling their shelves.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
lflier (1) - - SEP 28, 2014 does not count
Lett drikkelig, deilig lukt, fin farge, kul etikett. En øl jeg gjerne drikker igjen.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
JulioRangel (10) - - NOV 26, 2014
UPDATED: NOV 28, 2014 Uma cerveja leve, com leve sabor de caramelo com aroma critrico florado. Carbonatacao agradŠvel que torna a cerveja refrescante na medida certa.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Danev76 (506) - AUSTRALIA - MAR 13, 2014
Nice passionfruit aroma. Clear golden colour with ok head. Nice passionfruit flavour with smooth finish. Light to med body with med carbonation ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Crittersoniii (2) - Camden, New Jersey, USA - DEC 23, 2012 does not count
Surprisingly refreshing. This beer has a very clear, bright-gold appearance. The taste has a citrusy flavor. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Rmorris007 (50) - - OCT 9, 2014
Wow, this beer blew me away! I felt like I was on the island surfing some waves. A definite recommend to anyone who is willing to try something different

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
solarfly (1) - - JUN 28, 2013 does not count
Iím a huge fan of this beer. It is very drinkable, cleans the palate, goes down easy. Itís not heavy nor is it intrusive and pairs well with spicy food. I especially go for this brew on hot days. The fruity undertone (apricot? I havenít figured it out yet) is sublime, actually. It gives this ale a nice lift, a nice aroma. The personality of this beer is subtle, calm, content - in contrast to, for example, an IPA or a dark amber, which can be very bold and dominate the palate. I go for this beer when Iíve had enough of everything else. It hits the reset switch, it is always good and I can always go for one more!