overall
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1159   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.74   IBU: 18   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Longboard Island Lager is a smooth refreshing lager fermented and aged for weeks at cold temperatures to yield its exceptionally smooth flavor. A delicate, slightly spicy hop aroma complements the malty body of this beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
KPMycoskie (15) - USA - JAN 8, 2007
Draught - Honolulu, HI. I am more of an ale guy, but this lager is very full flavored and has a good light amber color. Smooth flavor throughout with no surprises. Light hop character. Finishes a little malty, in a good way. If only this beer were a beautiful rich woman that would invite me to live with her on the island...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
IslandHaole (1091) - Yokosuka-Shi, Kanagawa-Ken, JAPAN - DEC 23, 2006
One of my coworkers husbands recently returned with this for me, now that’s cool! I had several of these about 5 years ago on my last trip through Hawaii, I spent more time drinking the Fire Rock Pale Ale but this wasn’t bad as I recall. Typical clear pale gold color of every other tropical lager. Mild spicy hops and sweet grain scent. Lightly tart, crisp up front with a sweet, short-lived middle, mild bitter follow and a tangy aftertaste. I guess my memory served me well, not a bad brew for a hot day in the islands but I’d still rather have the Pale Ale! Dennis C. thanks for this!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Palidor19 (2963) - Brandon, Florida, USA - DEC 2, 2006
I’m actually quite pleased with this beer. Even though is AC is low I can taste it, pretty well. The malts are appearent though out the entire beer. I can find myself drinking more of these in the future.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
kseecs16 (1207) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - NOV 30, 2006
Draft at teh brewpub 11/3/2006. Poured a pale gold with a thin off-white head. A fairly assertive pilsner-like aroma. Surprsingly flavorful when I hade it with tasty floral hops coming through. Slightly thin but very crisp. Very good pale lager.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
biznizness (1097) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - NOV 27, 2006
Had this at the sportsbar upstairs in the Quarter at the Tropicana in Atlantic City. Really dug this as it was pretty creamy and tasty for a pale lager.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
fordest (2008) - Santee/San Diego, California, USA - NOV 26, 2006
Not much in the way of aroma, but it wasn’t horrible. Classic pale lager flavors but a bit more hop finish than the average watered down macro. Not Horrible.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Foxbush (1283) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - NOV 24, 2006
This another Kona beer enjoyed in Kauai, Hawaii. This was enjoyed by the bottle and on tap. The fire Rocks was mostly on Tap. This is typical Lager. Good balance with the malt and hops. Great color a little on the blonde side but head formation was very nice. The Kihauna golf course also had on tap.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
eyesandsmiles (179) - Mission Viejo, California, USA - NOV 20, 2006
It was really a lot better than I expected considering the name and aesthetics of hte bottle. still a bit too sweet for its own good if you ask me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
DuffMan (6858) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - NOV 16, 2006
Had this from the bottle at Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville restaurant in Vegas (no, I’m not a Jimmy Buffet fan). Deep ygolden yellow, fleeting head. Grainy and flowery aromas, definite malty palate with very fresh floral hops. An excellent premium lager in my opinion.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
nick76 (4232) - Tampa, Florida, USA - NOV 14, 2006
The aroma has a strong citrus element (like lemon grass) with adjunct type malt. The appearance is pale gold with a thin head. The flavor is sweet, citrusy, and bitter with a soapy quality. The palate is thin and the aftertaste is malty. Overall it’s not that good but it is definitely a unique creation. I’m glad I tried it.