overall
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1105   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.74   IBU: 18   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Longboard Island Lager is a smooth refreshing lager fermented and aged for weeks at cold temperatures to yield its exceptionally smooth flavor. A delicate, slightly spicy hop aroma complements the malty body of this beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
JAF737300 (1291) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 18, 2007
Had this beer on Tap at Madison Square Garden and I really thought it drank very well. It is light and crsip but jas some good flavor and a nice finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
blueduk (118) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - FEB 11, 2007
Pours clear pale gold with a good sized white frothy head. Good retention and some lacing. Very mild aromas - mainly light floral perfume and some lemon-lime. On the light side of medium body and a little soapy. Moderate hop bitterness, and a short clean finish. Having lived in Hawaii, thereís no novelty factor for me. This is so-so.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
hayduke (3317) - Eureka, California, USA - FEB 11, 2007
Bottle. Poured a decent yellow color with a big frothy white head that was gone in a jiffy and left litttle lacing. Nose is strongly of malts and hops. Mouthfeel is a bit sticky, and flavor is a little sweet. Mildly bitter finish. A decent lager.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
aknod (16) - USA - JAN 21, 2007
I didnít even know Hawaii made beers until this one came up on the menu. It was very hoppy, and has very little to no head after a huge frothiness. Tasty with a bit of an aftertaste, overall you would really have to like hops to enjoy although it was nice. Would do again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
decaturstevo (4869) - decatur, Tennessee, USA - JAN 21, 2007
An aroma of sweet corn and wet paper. A nice golden pour with guey white lacing. A rich malty sweetness that is almost cloy. A teing of bitter at the finish. A decent palate for this one. It is a bit of a surprise in how close it is to being good. Decent beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
SpringsLicker (3115) - Tennessee, USA - JAN 9, 2007
A medium yellow brew that supports a large frothy white head. Weak malt/hop aroma - perhaps soapy. Thin flavored and bland. Typical pale lager.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
KPMycoskie (15) - USA - JAN 8, 2007
Draught - Honolulu, HI. I am more of an ale guy, but this lager is very full flavored and has a good light amber color. Smooth flavor throughout with no surprises. Light hop character. Finishes a little malty, in a good way. If only this beer were a beautiful rich woman that would invite me to live with her on the island...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
IslandHaole (1091) - Yokosuka-Shi, Kanagawa-Ken, JAPAN - DEC 23, 2006
One of my coworkers husbands recently returned with this for me, now thatís cool! I had several of these about 5 years ago on my last trip through Hawaii, I spent more time drinking the Fire Rock Pale Ale but this wasnít bad as I recall. Typical clear pale gold color of every other tropical lager. Mild spicy hops and sweet grain scent. Lightly tart, crisp up front with a sweet, short-lived middle, mild bitter follow and a tangy aftertaste. I guess my memory served me well, not a bad brew for a hot day in the islands but Iíd still rather have the Pale Ale! Dennis C. thanks for this!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Palidor19 (2919) - Brandon, Florida, USA - DEC 2, 2006
Iím actually quite pleased with this beer. Even though is AC is low I can taste it, pretty well. The malts are appearent though out the entire beer. I can find myself drinking more of these in the future.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
kseecs16 (1192) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - NOV 30, 2006
Draft at teh brewpub 11/3/2006. Poured a pale gold with a thin off-white head. A fairly assertive pilsner-like aroma. Surprsingly flavorful when I hade it with tasty floral hops coming through. Slightly thin but very crisp. Very good pale lager.