overall
Brewed by Köstritzer Schwarzbierbrauerei (Bitburger)
Style: Schwarzbier
Bad Köstritz, Germany

RATINGS: 1782   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Speziell veredelte Gerstenmalze verleihen der Köstritzer Bierspezialität ihr einzigartig feines Malzaroma.
Mit dem spritzig-eleganten Charakter entsteht ein unverwechselbares Geschmackserlebnis.
Genießen Sie Deutschlands beliebtestes Schwarzbier. 11.4°

Since April 1991, the Köstritzer black beer brewery, a subsidiary of the Bitburger brewery, has emerged as of one of the most modern breweries in Thuringia. In September 1993, it was with great pride we (re-) introduced the "original Köstritzer black beer".

snook761 (1) - Florida, USA - AUG 14, 2004 does not count
If it was good enough for Goethe, it’s good enough for me! Best beer in the world! (In my humble opinion!)

tugeagon (1) - Alabama, USA - FEB 22, 2010 does not count
as you can tell... I love this beer. To me its perfect, but people who like lighter beer might not like it. But, it is most definitely a must try. I’ll take this any way I can get it, from the bottle, a glass, a stein, from the tap, or in a plastic cup, I’ll drink it.

drougkolya (276) - Otterburn Park, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 29, 2010
Bičre trčs surprenante...bičre noir mais rafraichissante et pétillante comme une blonde. Ressemble ŕ une porter mais moins sucré et meilleur.

Damayor (8) - - JAN 10, 2013 does not count
On draft at The Bavarian Lodge in Lisle. One if the finest schwarzbiers I have ever had. Very tasty and drinkable! They have been brewing since 1543 so they have it down pat. A must try if you find it on draft. damayor---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Toad79 (2) - Florida, USA - MAY 25, 2013 does not count
This is my absolute favorite beer! It tastes great! Its not as bitter as most dark beers. I just wish it was easier to find around here. I drive an hour just to get this beer!

badgerleggs (4) - FRANCE - AUG 20, 2013 does not count
kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy kozzy. i love kozzy

bersek (56) - Cambridgeshire, ENGLAND - OCT 27, 2013
Jedno z nejlepšich černých piv co jsem kdy pil. Přijemně nasládlá chut s lehce nahořklým dojezdem.

wawis (3) - MEXICO - JAN 2, 2014 does not count
Köstritzer Schwarzbier es una cerveza negra de baja fermentación. Es producida desde 1543 por la cervecería Köstritzer Schwarzbierbrauerei, en el estadoalemán de Turingia. Es una de las cervezas más famosas de la región y la líder de entre las de su tipo en Alemania.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
seuinoz (142) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 3, 2001
very tasty. rich malt taste smooth on the palate not harsh. a very good dark german beer

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Skip (206) - Indiana, USA - APR 14, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 21, 2006 My favorite beer in one of my favorite styles. I am biased. When my local pub took this one off their tap list, I had to find a new watering hole. Proper glassware, proper temperature, and on tap I have never found a beer that I prefer to Kostritzer. In Germany, a small sprinkle of sugar is often added to aid head retention.