overall
Brewed by Krombacher Privatbrauerei Kreuztal
Style: Pilsener
Kreuztal-Krombach, Germany

RATINGS: 662   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.8   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Why should we strive constantly to try to improve an already excellent flavor ever? It is one of our strengths, we can recognize that when a product perfected and completed in flavor. We believe in modern continuity and stability as strengths of Krombacher - constant in quality, resistant to the taste. An achievement that we will not sacrifice lightly. The Christmas Song tells the quietly resting at sea, as we feel it with our beer. In peace lies both the strength and the indulgence.

Nature has provided us with its mountain spring water ® richly rewarded. We also feel this as a mandate and responsibility to consider also Krombacher Pils as a gift and preserve this jewel of nature pure. The mountain spring water ® is the most important component for the unique quality and distinctive taste experience of a Krombacher lager. A Krombacher stands for naturally fresh beer enjoyment and a fine, spicy aroma. How many generations in the future, our passion is the preservation of this achievement.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
ninecats (107) - Uddevalla, SWEDEN - JUL 20, 2014
Clear yellow with a white head. Aroma is grainy malt, some hops, touch of corn. Taste is quite soft malt and a slight grassy citrusy bitterness from noble hops. Quite dry. Body is light to medium, light carbo. Good for a macro.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Lexomm (1) - SWITZERLAND - JUL 16, 2014 does not count
I had this beer while sitting in a nice garden bar, sunny day, 28°C. The beer from tap looked crisp, very blonde, fine white head. Nice bouquet, hops, some citrus notes. I taste hops, a bit bitter in a nice way with a strong taste. The beer feels fresh and crisp in the mouth and exits lightly bitter while the taste lingers on nicely.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Jur (256) - NETHERLANDS - JUL 15, 2014
Draught @ Flying Saucer, Addison. Solid pale pilsner, lovely head and dry, bitter, mildly hoppy. Very sessionable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
edgallow (1908) - nashville, Tennessee, USA - JUL 13, 2014
12 oz bottle pours golden with a white head. Aroma of malts, grain, yeast and grass. Taste is grain and grass.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Frank (2758) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 6, 2014
This bottle was dated as being bottled five months before I drank it which is unfortunately reasonably fresh by German beer in America standards. While I am wishing I was drinking this five months ago, it held up pretty well so good on Krombacher and their quality control. Most American craft brews of this age would taste like pine tar and cardboard. This is a pleasant, clear gold color w/ a thin white head of foamy bubbles. Its nose is of subdued noble hops and a bit of fresh cracked malt. This is dry w/ very solid bitterness. A lemony note from the hops and crisp carbonation make for a very light, tasty and drinkable brew. My only complaint is the bitterness in the finish tastes just slightly harsh upon the first few sips but that wanes as the beer warms a bit. This is maybe not the greatest beer I’ve ever tasted but it has everything I want out of a German pils, namely it’s dry, drinkable and bitter as hell. It tastes better the more you drink of it and is flavorful enough to keep my interest. I could drink this all day.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
themightyjag (164) - - JUL 2, 2014
500ml bottle from Tesco. Medium sized bubbly white head, tiniest bit of lacing. Clear pale golden body. Nose has faint grassy straw aroma but there’s not much there. Flavour is quite sweet, peppery finish. Decent mouthfeel, quite a bit of carbonation. Aftertaste becomes a bit unpleasant after a while, I won’t be hurrying back to this one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
exeter (259) - calgary, Alberta, CANADA - JUN 27, 2014
Light golden colour, large foamy head that settles down and sticks around. Aroma is grainy and sweet, a medium bodied Pilsener. Crisp and refreshing good summer mouth sweat. Light malt and hops. Nice balance. Mouth feel is full round and smooth. Finish is clean and smooth. After taste is slightly bitter. Nice Pilsener.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
JulienHuxley (2935) - Hilversum, NETHERLANDS - JUN 26, 2014
Bottle from Jumbo. Clear gold pour with nice creamy white head. Aroma is grainy, faint dusty hop, light honey, light floral notes, very clean. Taste is mild, malty notes, light honey. Palate is med bodied, surprising body, med carbonation. Nice easy drinking beer. Easily forgotten, but easy to enjoy as well.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
lushed (1) - Lake Stevens, Washington, USA - JUN 23, 2014 does not count
This wasn’t my favorite pils that I tried in Germany but I ended up drinking a ton of it for some reason. This is a pretty popular beer there proving the power of a good marketing campaign. A decent enough pils and dare I say enjoyable for a macro one. Tastes of bread and the malt flavor is assertive. More malt than hops shows up in the taste. Smoother than other German pilsners I’ve had. Still not a very robust flavor and the body is fairly thin. Very drinkable though and has about 90% of Anheuser Busch’s beers beaten by a mile.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
libs0160 (2) - USA - JUN 21, 2014 does not count
I love Pilsners, this is by far the best pils that I’ve tasted. Has a bitter feel with a smooth taste. Exactly how a pilsner is supposed to taste.