overall

RATINGS: 114   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.19   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 480   ABV: 16%
This is Wildflower Mead, aged in a Bourbon barrel, then it is flavored with bananas, hazelnuts, Maple syrup and spices. Tasty!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
bulldogp04 (20) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JUL 3, 2010
Wow !! What an amazing combination of flavors. Cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup, bananas, and just the right amount of bourbon presence. Good mouthfeel. Sweet as to be expected, but not cloying in any way. Really does taste like you had some great banana French toast with a touch of bourbon-infused maple syrup. Incredible mead !

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Sledutah (5101) - Utah, USA - MAR 11, 2011
Bottle shared by Dasilky1 at RBWG 2011, thanks
Appearance: Clear yellow with no head or lacing
Aroma: Banana french toast with vanilla syrup
Taste: Just like the name and aroma
This was a great mead. I could have just sipped this one all night.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MadIndian (2434) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 10, 2011
Auction! Absolutely amazing. It is so complex yet blended to perfection. I definetly smell and taste, honey, vanilla, nutmeg bananas, candy, bread and caramel. An there is so much more going on. I tip my hat to the brewers. ...

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
harrisoni (14128) - Ashford, Kent, ENGLAND - SEP 29, 2012
Bottle in Fonefan room Borefts 4. clear gold. No head. Toffee banana and toast aroma. Bit of sultanas. Banoffee pie. Its totally wonderful. Bit hot. Just incredible. Thanks to fonefan so much. Mead comes through.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Beerman6686 (4696) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 20, 2013
This one poured a still golden yellow with just very slight bubbles from the poured. Aroma was boom in your face of honey, booze, maple and bananas. Flavor was sticky sweet but not over the top, light vanilla cake batter, honey, dough, bananas, maple, and butter but not in a diacetyl way. Definitely my favorite mead, but a bit disappointing given some of the descriptions iíve read before.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
umich03jm (2170) - Flat Rock, Michigan, USA - APR 22, 2013
2012 bottle, label says 14.5% abv. Finally getting to try this, had a really bad day so I need a pick-me-up. Pours a light yellow color, still. Weird, I smelled bourbon when pouring into the snifter but now all I get is french toast. Amazing, butter, nuts, bananas, cinnamon, and vanilla. Bourbon is definitely there on the first sip, right up front along with sweet honey. French toast flavor is in the finish. All of aromas blend together in the finish with some maple syrup too. Moderate sweetness throughout. Slight warming finish, light booziness. I really wasnít sure if I was gonna like this but itís pretty great. Very unusual. The french toast flavor stays with you a very long time. I gotta say though, I think I might actually like this better without the bourbon aging.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
pushkinwow (2099) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 2, 2013
375ml bottle. No idea what to expect but just knew I wanted to try it. No carbonation when the cap comes off, completely clear with just a slight yellow tinge. Maraschino cherries, some nutmeg, vanilla, almond extract, hazelnuts, some oak, honey and alcohol. No carbonation, moderate+ body, sweet, becomes incredibly dry, reminds me of vanilla wafers but with booze. Very happy I got to try this - worth seeking out for sure.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
burg326 (3880) - Florida, USA - NOV 3, 2013
Poured a clear to light yellow color from the bottle with huge aromas of cinnamon, bread, bananas, sweetness, and a twinge of bourbon. Flavors were amazing, a mixture of cinnamon, bananas, bourbon, and a light aftertaste of eggs. Maybe it was my mind playing tricks, but I swear I tasted eggs.... Anyways I never wanted the bottle to end and when it did, I was quite sad, glad I got to finally drink this mead, another solid, scratch that another amazing mead that everyone should try. Kudos to Kuhnhenn for making this mead that I NEED more of.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Glouglouburp (6104) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 30, 2013
In short: A very toasted mead with unique flavors that defies categories.
How: Bottle shared by my man Kyle at post HF FoFA 2013 party.
The look: Clear yellow body with no head (looks like a mead which means looks like a white wine).
In long: The strong nose is unique and hard to describe. It is toasted honey (if such a thing even existed), hazelnuts, dried banana peels, toasted pastry. Iíve never smelled a mead so toasted and it is quite inviting. In mouth it is a mead, it is very thick but maybe a little less sticky-syrupy than typical meads. Taste is very unique. Maybe Iím easily manipulated by drink names, but I swear I tasted french toasts, freshly pan-fried french toasts, unreal. Also vanilla, hazelnuts, toasted waffles, toasted bananas, only mild spicy notes. Surprisingly not a strong honey flavor in this mead. Finish is somewhat toasty dry (yes, a 15%-ish mead with a dry finish!!!). My first Wow mead, this one deserves the hype, very unique and immensely enjoyable. So Iím gonna go on and say like everybody else and say this mead is awesome, but Iím easily manipulated, after I wash my pants with my new detergent I think they smell Fresh Tidal Wave.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
1FastSTi (3341) - Glendale, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 16, 2010
Bottle at DLD 2k10. Took me awhile to read my own hand-writing on this one, but I do remember drinking this and really liking it... Pours to a pale golden body with a wisp of white head. The aroma is super sweet vanilla and maple syrup. The flavor is much the same but more intensely concentrated. There is sweet maple syrup and powdered sugar. Bready. The palate is thick and medium bodied. Near syrup texture. I see why this mead is called French toast!