overall

RATINGS: 109   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.18   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 480   ABV: 16%
This is Wildflower Mead, aged in a Bourbon barrel, then it is flavored with bananas, hazelnuts, Maple syrup and spices. Tasty!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Beerman6686 (4169) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 20, 2013
This one poured a still golden yellow with just very slight bubbles from the poured. Aroma was boom in your face of honey, booze, maple and bananas. Flavor was sticky sweet but not over the top, light vanilla cake batter, honey, dough, bananas, maple, and butter but not in a diacetyl way. Definitely my favorite mead, but a bit disappointing given some of the descriptions iíve read before.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
umich03jm (1767) - Flat Rock, Michigan, USA - APR 22, 2013
2012 bottle, label says 14.5% abv. Finally getting to try this, had a really bad day so I need a pick-me-up. Pours a light yellow color, still. Weird, I smelled bourbon when pouring into the snifter but now all I get is french toast. Amazing, butter, nuts, bananas, cinnamon, and vanilla. Bourbon is definitely there on the first sip, right up front along with sweet honey. French toast flavor is in the finish. All of aromas blend together in the finish with some maple syrup too. Moderate sweetness throughout. Slight warming finish, light booziness. I really wasnít sure if I was gonna like this but itís pretty great. Very unusual. The french toast flavor stays with you a very long time. I gotta say though, I think I might actually like this better without the bourbon aging.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
pushkinwow (1954) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 2, 2013
375ml bottle. No idea what to expect but just knew I wanted to try it. No carbonation when the cap comes off, completely clear with just a slight yellow tinge. Maraschino cherries, some nutmeg, vanilla, almond extract, hazelnuts, some oak, honey and alcohol. No carbonation, moderate+ body, sweet, becomes incredibly dry, reminds me of vanilla wafers but with booze. Very happy I got to try this - worth seeking out for sure.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
burg326 (3508) - Florida, USA - NOV 3, 2013
Poured a clear to light yellow color from the bottle with huge aromas of cinnamon, bread, bananas, sweetness, and a twinge of bourbon. Flavors were amazing, a mixture of cinnamon, bananas, bourbon, and a light aftertaste of eggs. Maybe it was my mind playing tricks, but I swear I tasted eggs.... Anyways I never wanted the bottle to end and when it did, I was quite sad, glad I got to finally drink this mead, another solid, scratch that another amazing mead that everyone should try. Kudos to Kuhnhenn for making this mead that I NEED more of.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Glouglouburp (5936) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 30, 2013
In short: A very toasted mead with unique flavors that defies categories.
How: Bottle shared by my man Kyle at post HF FoFA 2013 party.
The look: Clear yellow body with no head (looks like a mead which means looks like a white wine).
In long: The strong nose is unique and hard to describe. It is toasted honey (if such a thing even existed), hazelnuts, dried banana peels, toasted pastry. Iíve never smelled a mead so toasted and it is quite inviting. In mouth it is a mead, it is very thick but maybe a little less sticky-syrupy than typical meads. Taste is very unique. Maybe Iím easily manipulated by drink names, but I swear I tasted french toasts, freshly pan-fried french toasts, unreal. Also vanilla, hazelnuts, toasted waffles, toasted bananas, only mild spicy notes. Surprisingly not a strong honey flavor in this mead. Finish is somewhat toasty dry (yes, a 15%-ish mead with a dry finish!!!). My first Wow mead, this one deserves the hype, very unique and immensely enjoyable. So Iím gonna go on and say like everybody else and say this mead is awesome, but Iím easily manipulated, after I wash my pants with my new detergent I think they smell Fresh Tidal Wave.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
TheAlum (5530) - Lisle, Illinois, USA - APR 27, 2010
Pours a pale yellow, straw, nice with faint haze, no head. Aromas are a nice malty sweetness, honey and maple syrup, cinnamon, batter sweetness with banana and some mellow oak and bourbon. Nice, fairly intense. Initial is a nice sweeter edged mead, nice honey and syrup, the spice sticks to the back of the palate with cinnamon. Vanilla, batter, maple, butter, banana. Interesting, really fills the palate. My favorite mead from the brewery and the best that is true to itís name.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
1FastSTi (3333) - Glendale, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 16, 2010
Bottle at DLD 2k10. Took me awhile to read my own hand-writing on this one, but I do remember drinking this and really liking it... Pours to a pale golden body with a wisp of white head. The aroma is super sweet vanilla and maple syrup. The flavor is much the same but more intensely concentrated. There is sweet maple syrup and powdered sugar. Bready. The palate is thick and medium bodied. Near syrup texture. I see why this mead is called French toast!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
tyler_mn (1475) - SLP, Minnesota, USA - NOV 13, 2010
Holy shit! The aroma on this is sexy as hell! Bananas, almond crŤme, marzipan, some lighter cinnamon, andÖ wellÖ fucking French toast! The alcohol is barely noticeable. Smells absolutely artificial, but itís so goddamn aromatic. Pours thick, viscous and oily. Looks like a fat, buttery Cali Chardonnay in the glass. Flavor does not quite live up to the awesomeness of the aroma. Not nearly as syrupy sweet as the aroma suggests. There are flavors of almonds, bananas, a good dose of drying wood tannin, French toast batter. Fairly well attenuated all things considered. The alcohol is fairly prevalent, but not too overpowering. Fairly full bodied, syrupy and viscous but never becomes cloying. Fun, fun stuff. Thanks Jonathan!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
after4ever (6055) - Brier, Washington, USA - NOV 26, 2011
Nip. Thanks suzy! Pours clear pale gold. Smells like almond butter, coconut, baby powder, and honey. I would pay this mead $20 for a lap dance. Maybe $40. Sticky but watery body. Honey almond coconut mid palate. Long sticky sweet finish.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Silphium (3160) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - MAY 31, 2013
Bottle shared by badnewsbeers. Slightly hazy straw body, no head. Dense, rich, nay decadent nose with caramel, butterscotch, rum, and butter syrup; sweet and a tad burnt. Sweet, sharp body with brown sugar, syrup, caramel, and doughy toast. Not one to guzzle down, but a slow, rewarding sipper that would go great with breakfast. Very nice.