overall

RATINGS: 139   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.18/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 480   ABV: 16%
This is Wildflower Mead, aged in a Bourbon barrel, then it is flavored with bananas, hazelnuts, Maple syrup and spices. Tasty!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
bulldogp04 (21) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JUL 3, 2010
Wow !! What an amazing combination of flavors. Cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup, bananas, and just the right amount of bourbon presence. Good mouthfeel. Sweet as to be expected, but not cloying in any way. Really does taste like you had some great banana French toast with a touch of bourbon-infused maple syrup. Incredible mead !

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Sledutah (6972) - Utah, USA - MAR 11, 2011
Bottle shared by Dasilky1 at RBWG 2011, thanks
Appearance: Clear yellow with no head or lacing
Aroma: Banana french toast with vanilla syrup
Taste: Just like the name and aroma
This was a great mead. I could have just sipped this one all night.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Beerman6686 (6244) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 20, 2013
This one poured a still golden yellow with just very slight bubbles from the poured. Aroma was boom in your face of honey, booze, maple and bananas. Flavor was sticky sweet but not over the top, light vanilla cake batter, honey, dough, bananas, maple, and butter but not in a diacetyl way. Definitely my favorite mead, but a bit disappointing given some of the descriptions iíve read before.

umich03jm (3460) - Flat Rock, Michigan, USA - APR 22, 2013
2012 bottle, label says 14.5% abv. Finally getting to try this, had a really bad day so I need a pick-me-up. Pours a light yellow color, still. Weird, I smelled bourbon when pouring into the snifter but now all I get is french toast. Amazing, butter, nuts, bananas, cinnamon, and vanilla. Bourbon is definitely there on the first sip, right up front along with sweet honey. French toast flavor is in the finish. All of aromas blend together in the finish with some maple syrup too. Moderate sweetness throughout. Slight warming finish, light booziness. I really wasnít sure if I was gonna like this but itís pretty great. Very unusual. The french toast flavor stays with you a very long time. I gotta say though, I think I might actually like this better without the bourbon aging.

pushkinwow (2551) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 2, 2013
375ml bottle. No idea what to expect but just knew I wanted to try it. No carbonation when the cap comes off, completely clear with just a slight yellow tinge. Maraschino cherries, some nutmeg, vanilla, almond extract, hazelnuts, some oak, honey and alcohol. No carbonation, moderate+ body, sweet, becomes incredibly dry, reminds me of vanilla wafers but with booze. Very happy I got to try this - worth seeking out for sure.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
burg326 (5266) - Florida, USA - NOV 3, 2013
Poured a clear to light yellow color from the bottle with huge aromas of cinnamon, bread, bananas, sweetness, and a twinge of bourbon. Flavors were amazing, a mixture of cinnamon, bananas, bourbon, and a light aftertaste of eggs. Maybe it was my mind playing tricks, but I swear I tasted eggs.... Anyways I never wanted the bottle to end and when it did, I was quite sad, glad I got to finally drink this mead, another solid, scratch that another amazing mead that everyone should try. Kudos to Kuhnhenn for making this mead that I NEED more of.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Glouglouburp (6103) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 30, 2013
In short: A very toasted mead with unique flavors that defies categories.
How: Bottle shared by my man Kyle at post HF FoFA 2013 party.
The look: Clear yellow body with no head (looks like a mead which means looks like a white wine).
In long: The strong nose is unique and hard to describe. It is toasted honey (if such a thing even existed), hazelnuts, dried banana peels, toasted pastry. Iíve never smelled a mead so toasted and it is quite inviting. In mouth it is a mead, it is very thick but maybe a little less sticky-syrupy than typical meads. Taste is very unique. Maybe Iím easily manipulated by drink names, but I swear I tasted french toasts, freshly pan-fried french toasts, unreal. Also vanilla, hazelnuts, toasted waffles, toasted bananas, only mild spicy notes. Surprisingly not a strong honey flavor in this mead. Finish is somewhat toasty dry (yes, a 15%-ish mead with a dry finish!!!). My first Wow mead, this one deserves the hype, very unique and immensely enjoyable. So Iím gonna go on and say like everybody else and say this mead is awesome, but Iím easily manipulated, after I wash my pants with my new detergent I think they smell Fresh Tidal Wave.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
AdamChandler (4507) - Enfield, New Hampshire, USA - JUN 15, 2015
Thanks Brian for sharing the 2015 version of this.

A - Very faint light yellow. a little bit of carbonation on the headÖsuper faint.

S - Bourbon and cinnamon dominate the aroma. You smell booze.

T - The taste is incredibly complex. I didnít think all of that flavor could be in one bottle. Maple, cinnamon sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, doughy malt and vanilla, bourbon, whiskeyÖthereís just so much in here.

M - Not too thick, the sweetness comes in the middle and lingers for a very long time.

O - This is a very interesting mead. Sweet but not cloying, could drink an entire bottle of this stuff!

thirdeye11 (6043) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JAN 24, 2016
(12oz bottle) clear very light yellow, excellent lacing. Nose of wildflower, honey, banana, spices, French toast, light bourbon. Taste is equally complex, banana, touch of bourbon, medium sweet, no heat at all despite the 16%, winter spices, quick palate finish but delicious and complex.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Klimaet (1742) - Aarhus N, DENMARK - MAR 15, 2016
Bottle @ Dangerous Bottleshares ft. Aaron from Oregon 5.0. Pours clear yellow. Aromas of cinnamon, vanilla, toast, nutty, sweet fruity notes, honey. Taste is cinnamon, vanilla, cakey, subtle artificial cleaning product note, nutty, sweet fruity, honey.