Kuhnhenn Crme Brle Java Stout
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 207   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.73   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Black ale beer, made with real coffee. This java stout goes through a unique process, involving caramelizing brown sugar to give it an intense caramel & vanilla aroma.

Chargedgs (8) - Michigan, USA - DEC 25, 2011 does not count
I kept passing on this beer due to the over sweetness of southern tier creme brûlée... After having this im regretting passing on this all those times! I got a growler fill of it for christmas upon the initial pour it was jet black with a dark black smell of coffee, thats a win! Taste is coffee followed by vanilla and carmalized sugar. Kuhnhenn made the perfect creme brûlée and Im glad this is so close to me. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
BOLTZ7555 (2823) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - SEP 19, 2010
UPDATED: NOV 13, 2011 Sampled at GABF! This is one of the breweries that either totally fails or absolutely nails it...this one was incredible! Hershey syrup pour with a tightly woven latte head that coated the inside of the glass. Aroma of caramel chew, toffee, vanilla, coffee and cocoa powder. Flavor is milk chocolate, rich caramel, brown sugar, and dark roasted coffee. Very velvety texture. Wife even tried it and thought it was amazing (which is surprising because she doesnt like dark beer or coffee). So good...a festival favorite!!! BUMP!!!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
TheGuy (653) - Illinois, USA - OCT 15, 2010
On tap at Hop cats the night of 25 bells tap during RBSG this is truely an amazing brew I could not get enough of the aroma I enjoyed the fragerence of this beer so much i cant even explain by far thisblows away any creme burlee poured black with a thick tan head with the most aromatic aromas of toasted brown sugar, java, caramel, and vanilla give me a spoon you got to be kidding me the taste was just as amazing I thought I died and gone to heaven one of the best brews of the weekend followed this up with Olde Bruin OMG! what an amazing trip

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
thedm (4968) - Fort Wayne, USA - OCT 19, 2006
This draft brew from the Michigan Brewers Guild festival poured a head of frothy dark brown colored bubbles that was mostly lasting and left behind a opaque no visible carbonation black colored body. The very nice aroma was vinous dark malt and mild bourbon. The mouth feel was smooth at the start with a vinous dark malt mild biting finish. The excellent flavor contained notes of roasted malt dark malt and bourbon. Delicious and one I would certainly love ot have again.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
emoore0024 (25) - USA - JUL 1, 2009
My favorite stout period. Sit back and enjoy the veriety of flavors. The most unpredictable stouts. One monement you are having dessert the next your at a coffee shop. Pour unbelievable. Head is malty. Smoothest stout. Its a real treat. The body is just amazing. Very rich, creamy and smooth

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
zizzybalubba (1479) - Elizabeth City, North Carolina, USA - AUG 12, 2009
Sampled at GTMW 2009. Pours black with a foamy tan head. Absolutely amazing aroma of caramel, toffee, vanilla, and coffee. They should be able to market this as the best smelling beer in the history of the world. Incredibly tasty beer with the full creme brulee and coffee flavor mingled with the rich malitness in the stout. My notes just say "ridiculously good".

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
zach8270 (3516) - Henrietta, New York, USA - FEB 20, 2011
(beer tasting @ Montys Krown - Rochester, NY: Growler) One of the highlights of the tasting. Dark black motor oil pour with a thick tan head. Big coffee aroma. It smells like a freshly brewed pot of coffee. Flavor is big coffee with an equally big vanilla and caramel flavor. Thick body and creamy. It really tastes like coffee mixed with hot chocolate and caramel. Absolutely amazing.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
timmy4 (18) - Wisconsin, USA - OCT 3, 2006
Excellent dessert beer. Sweet coffee aroma with some chocolate. I tasted several stouts back to back on this day, and this was one of my favorites.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
MrPickles (438) - Waunakee, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 13, 2009
Sampled at GTMW 2009 Pours dark and thick with tan head. It looks absolutely amazing and it smells even better. Very strong aroma of everything that is good in the world. Vanilla, coffee, toffee, chocolate and caramel. "That is a babe. She makes me feel kinda funny, like when we used to climb the rope in gym class." and now I get to drink it! A mix of a smooth stout, coffee, chocolate, Crme Brle, and overall goodness. If I could drink this every day I think that I would. Besides Surly Darkness this was the only beer that I HAD to go back for more. One of three beers I forced myself to make notes on for the day.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Pailhead (5036) - Brownstown, Michigan, USA - FEB 20, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 13, 2007 On tap: The aroma contains lots of expresso, chocolate, and cream. Its a dark brown with no transparency and a small tan head. The flavor starts with lots of chocolate and some roasted malt. Theres lots of expresso in the finish with light vanilla and cream. The flavor reminds me of a dark chocolate and coffee truffle,