overall

RATINGS: 325   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.72   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Double Rice India Pale Ale. This gold colored West Coast style Double India Pale Ale has an intense hop nose, with aromas mainly of citrus. The high hop character dominates this IPAís flavor pro-file. Made with American long grain rice, it is quite difficult to make but the rice con-tributes to this beerís crisp aftertaste.

BigRed6000 (1) - - JUL 17, 2013 does not count
The perfect beer. Does not get better than this. Superb IPA with a amazing citrus floral aroma. If you ever take a trip to Detroit, take the short trip north to warren and try one.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
shpongloid24 (8) - Harper Woods, Michigan, USA - AUG 13, 2014 does not count
Went by kuhnhennís for the first time a couple nights ago on my way home from work and tried the Dripa. I told the bartender I usually am an ipa drinker and they suggested a plethora of IPAs that they offer. I decided to try the dripa due to its award winning status and I was not dissappointed. Excellent IPA with great flavors and aroma.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Krej (165) - USA - DEC 20, 2014
This is one of the best beers in the world. I first heard someone raving about something called "double rice IPA". I thought that sounded absurd and would taste like shit. Then he never stopped talking about it and I had to prove him wrong. So I went to kuhnhen and got it. It?s amazing. I wished I live closer to them so I could drink it more. Since then I happened upon hopcat in Lansing and saw they had it. The choice was obvious.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
dcflum (1) - Center Line, Michigan, USA - OCT 30, 2012 does not count
Very well balanced, strong and a little sweet, very hoppy. This is one of my favorite IPAs.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
brooks310 (1) - Michigan, USA - JAN 31, 2013 does not count
By far one of the better beers I have had. Not much of a beer drinker but when it tastes like kuhnhenn, I will soon be a beer drinker

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - SEP 9, 2013
I can see why this beer is as popular as it is. I can tell you that right before I even type up my review. Appearance: A standard yellow color. Really no head to speak of, and some patchy lacing. Looks pretty good. Knowing what it contains is even MORE exciting... >:) Smell: Mm. Sweet and delicious. No rice in the aroma whatsoever, just a lot of super fruity, bright hops. Taste: Identical to the smell... but in taste form. 9.5%? Who the hell would guess that. No warmth, no taste, itís not there at all, at least not for me. Fruity hops with floral notes there as well. Surprisingly really not bitter, which I wasnít expecting. Impeccable balance. The feel is great as well ... super refreshing, no harsh carbonation, and dangerously easy drinking. Basically, I can see why this beer has won so many awards. Of the flight I got, this is definitely my favorite of the six. Outstanding beer ... Iíll get a pint next time I see this beer around. Awesome stuff .. a must try.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
malkyore (280) - - DEC 20, 2014
Dude. Woah. Forget malts, we donít need íEm. Imagine hops in their most purest form distilled into one perfect thing. Itís a sharp and perfect tribute to a great thing. I canít really put into words how great this beer is. Perfect. The perfect double ipa. Hops out the wazoo, but jot heavy and tiring. Quenchy but still boozy. Spectacular, stunning, perfect. I donít know what else to say so Iíll stop reviewing it now...

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
robinvboyer (3532) - Sturgeon Falls, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 12, 2010
HUGE citrus!!!! grapefruit, lemon, tangerine, lime, and lemon! this is a citrus lovers wet dream! very little malt to back the hoppy onslaught! if you love hops, and are not looking for balance, this is your beer!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
SpongeRuiner (936) - Michigan, USA - OCT 2, 2013
Thanks to tectactoe originally for letting me in on this one. One of the best DIPAs out there. Such a intricate and original flavor. First time I went to Kuhnhenn I had to get a growler of this one. A must try.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
alliance100 (999) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - FEB 20, 2014
UPDATED: MAR 28, 2014 Draft at Logan’s Alley - pours a transparent rusty orange . Big juicy grapefruit aromas . Taste is all citrus . F-ing Delicious ! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone