Kuhnhenn Pre-prohibition lager

Formerly brewed at Kuhnhenn Brewing
Style: Premium Lager
Warren, Michigan USA
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.9/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.03/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
walleye (1082) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - JUN 1, 2007
Thanks Clark for entering this I didn’t get around to rating this until now. from the hand pull, poured a straw to golden color no head. aroma hops some citrus like tangerine or nectarines sweetness coming from honey. flavor about the same as the aroma nice smooth mouth feel easy to drink, I enjoyed this good job Brett and Eric

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
ClarkVV (4612) - Allston, Massachusetts, USA - APR 20, 2007
How sweet is it that they did a cask, dry-hopped pre pro lager! Man, this is the shit that gets me excited these days. I didnt go the brewery on saturday and I was only in town for 2 days. So it was easter sunday and they were closed (I knew I was taking a gamble). Call up the brewery, no answer. Call up Erick Kuhnhenn’s cell phone and after a short conversation, he invites me to come by real quick as he was there doing some accounting work (it actually seemed like he was distilling liqor, but hey, whatever!). So I swing over and get some cask beer that was probably better the next day, while the hops had time to soak in. Super fresh, herbal/grassy and tons of fresh nectarine-like fruitiness. Strong, rich, decadent on a lager. Super fresh honey malts and a crisp lager finish. Wow!
Flavor suffers a bit from the dry hops which add a bit of dirtiness on the finish. A bit of unfermented wortiness on the end, and some doughy yeast on the very end, but god damned if this wasnt an amazingly big success for the level of difficulty. Great hop flavors and honey-like maltiness. Tight carbonation, albeit a low amount of it. The growler I brought back for my roomates lasted about 15 minutes.