Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 928   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.17   EST. CALORIES: 465   ABV: 15.5%
Real raspberries abound in this chocolate caramel after dinner treat. Aged for a smooth texture and drinkability. This lager beer will handle additional age very well.
Batch 1 - brewed 2002, bottled same year 10.6%
Batch 2 - brewed late 2004, released 2005
Batch 3 - Brewed 2007, released very end of 2007
Batch 4 - Brewed 2012, released 2013 15.5%
Batch 5 - Brewed 2014, released late 2014

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
alamar (1) - USA - NOV 8, 2007 does not count
It’s back!!!! The members of the Kuhnhenn Guild of Brewers Homebrew Club were bestowed with an advanced taste of this years Raspberry Eisbock. Rich, fruity and delicious are the first terms that come to mind when tasting this favorite. Scheduled for limited release on December 21st at the Winter Solstice Party with bottling afterward.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
tcruicks (282) - Bloomington, Indiana, USA - JAN 2, 2008
This is probably the best beer I’ve had so far. I like chocolate, I like raspberries- this has both and does it well. I took a point off for the palate but thats just to be consistent- I give most things a 4 for the palate unless they really stand out, but it was smooth. This beer just makes me happy and I dont know what more I could ask for. Thanks yjb for this one. A nice beer from a nice guy.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
tomaroth (31) - Troy, Michigan, USA - JAN 20, 2008
2007 is one of the best. Great chocolate/rasberry flavor. A little pricey at $13 a bottle (6 oz) but the Brothers did another great job.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
HonusWagner (1793) - Florida, USA - FEB 9, 2011
This beer is a megaton bomb of flavors. The nose is loaded with caramel, hints of alcohol, and the slightest whiff of raspberry. If you smelled it without knowing what was there, you would not think it was a beer, and you wouldn’t notice the raspberries; you might confuse it for some kind of delicious caramel cheesecake. But then you take a sip and there’s a huge rush of raspberry goodness, lightly tart to offset the huge sweet flavors of caramel, vanilla, semisweet chocolates, and toffees. It’s pretty much desert in a glass, and I prefer it to the few ice wines I’ve tried.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
haukur (1474) - Reykjavik, ICELAND - MAY 6, 2013
Favorite of CBC 2013. Was really aware of the hype and I thought this would never ever live up to, I was wrong! Raspberries, leather, sweets, dough, loads going on in the complex aroma. Very big and full bodied. Heavy sweet raspberry finish. Insane brew

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
balesjas (41) - Huntington Woods, Michigan, USA - MAR 25, 2006
Ridiculously expensive, but so good. Smells like raspberries and chocolate. Flavor is strong and long lasting -- too bad it’s $9/bottle.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
punkrkr27 (903) - Berkley, Michigan, USA - APR 13, 2006
UPDATED: JAN 28, 2007 Absolutely delicious raspberries, molasses, chocolate, and coffee! Beautiful mahogany color. Nice rich mouth feel with just a touch of carbonation to clean the finish. This is simply wonderful.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
beerinmarch (2830) - Washington, USA - JUN 22, 2006
Alright, its been a while since i’ve originally had this beer, but I couldn’t post my rating until I was sure of what I had tasted, so after Wohlfs was kind enough to bless me with a second bottle of this I will finally give this beer its due respect. I will not however that the first bottle (the big really limited edition bottles) where much more complex then the smaller bottles, maybe it was extra aging, i’m not sure. The smaller bottles seemed much more tart with a much stronger raspberry taste. The larger bottles had a intense complexity of caramel, vannilla, raspberry, chocolate, malted milk balls, and breadiness. Both were insanely smooth. I will rate this on the big bottle sample cause it got the higher score, but I will say both were incredible. Thank you Steve for giving me the chance to try this not once, but twice.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
adrian910ss (2434) - philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 16, 2006
UPDATED: NOV 22, 2006 300th rating !! 6.3 oz 2004 bottle courtesy of HogTownHarry. Pours a dark murky amber brown color with an inkling of a white laced head that quikly disappears. Aroma is of rich raspberries,dark rich chocolate-like a raspberry chocolate filled coffee cake. Taste is very much like the aroma-raspberry laced rich choclate cake with hints of dark tangy cherries and caramel. This is like drinking a gourmet raspberry chocolate pastry if that is possible. Alcohol is present in every slow sip and pleasantly clears out the nasal cavity. Unusual concoction here, yet very much enjoyable. Thanks again Harry !!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
MaxxDaddy (415) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JAN 14, 2007
4 oz. sample @ Hop Devil Grill: The beer I most looked forward to tasting at Daze of the Devil. Had a reddish-brown color with no head in the tiny glass. I couldn’t believe what I smelled: chocolate-covered raspberries. Simply amazing. And the taste...boy did it ever deliver. Simply wonderful. Again, a nice melding of chocolate and raspberries with some caramel hints as well. It felt very silky and thick on the palate and the alcohol wasn’t very discernable. The finish was predominantly raspberry. This is definitely a dessert beer...hell, it could easily be dessert too. I don’t care how much it cost for the sample, it was totally worth it. I sure wouldn’t mind getting my hands on a bottle or several of these.