Japan

Kuromatsu-Hakushika (White Deer) Fresh and Light Junmai Namachozo Sake

overall
Brewed by Tatsuuma-Honke Brewing Co.
Style: Saké - Namasaké

Nihonshu-do: +3
Acidity: 1.4

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Marheb (4916) - San Diego, California, USA - APR 9, 2016
Pâte d’amande, bois, sueur et un soya vanillé rapidement dissipé. La texture est donne l’impression d’ętre juteuse, peu sucré avec un aspect aqueux d’abord et crayeux ensuite. C’est assez léger mais le bouquet de saveur est considérable. Trčs satisfaisant.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
bytemesis (6724) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - MAR 28, 2016
Bottle. Pours clear. Aroma is rice and hints of green pear. Flavor is light sweet, rice water, hints of pear and apple. Medium body, no carbonation. Perfectly drinkable.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
KoRoBeNiKi (144) - Fair Lawn, New Jersey, USA - JUL 3, 2015
From a sake restaurant in NYC. Bottle?. Poured very clear like water. Some banana, rice, and bread on the nose. Some light sweetness, rice ans slight banana at the end. Palate is similar. Nothing much going on here. A bit boring for a sake.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
andrewje41 (2867) - Kenmore, Washington, USA - JAN 13, 2015
Can’t remember where I got this, or how I ended up with it. All I remember for sure is that it was extremely cheap. That combined with me having a big zero in my sake ratings, I have officially decided to give this a go. For all I know, this is unfair, since I don’t even know if I like the stuff. No idea what to expect here. Pours water clear with a sweet, boozy pear like aroma. Kinda odd. Flavor is interesting. Rice like flavor with an odd sweet mix of coconut water and pear. Sweet, with a boozy side to it. Is it horrible? I wouldn’t go there, though I don’t see myself ever drinking this again. File this under: Gotta try them all eventually.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
BeerandBlues2 (12101) - Escondido, California, USA - JAN 4, 2015
Bottle at Gachi - BWI. Pours clear, still, and translucent. Aroma is sweet rice, light vanilla and pear notes. Flavor is sweet rice, light honey notes and a dry finish. Light body.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
Jamesthebrit (416) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - MAR 9, 2014
Aroma is fruity. Plum. Grape. A little sweet. Appearance is... I guess I don’t know what I’m looking for. It’s clear.... The slightest tinge of gold. Like sllllliiiiightest. Taste is boozy. Light. Subtle fruit note. Watery. Palate is like... Weird. It’s like meaty... Like meaty water. Firstly this is sort of an unfair rating since I don’t know what I’m looking for style wise. And the Wikipedia article for sake doesn’t really help. The smell was insane but the taste was boozy and light. Plate was very heavy but win such little flavor it wasn’t working for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
JStax (5214) - Devola/Marietta, Ohio, USA - FEB 18, 2014
180 ml bottle poured into a teku. Pours a crystal clear. No really color. The aroma is sweet and grainy. Tastes mostly sweet. Pretty light on the palate. It’s a decent enough drink.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Cousin_Larry (875) - - DEC 12, 2013
The aroma has some mineral character. Light sweetness. Some ethanol is also present. Almost solvent-like. Transparent body with a slight slight yellow twinge. Starts fairly sweet, with a nice light sugary flavor. Light coconut flavors in the middle. Finishes with a bit of a bitter, ethanol burn, but not nearly as harsh as many of the other sakes.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
DYCSoccer17 (3629) - Woodland, California, USA - AUG 7, 2013
Small bottle purchased for $2.99 at Cost Plus World Market in Davis, CA. The aroma has some mineral character. Light sweetness. Some ethanol is also present. Almost solvent-like. Transparent body with a slight slight yellow twinge. A little viscous. Starts fairly sweet, with a nice light sugary flavor. Light coconut flavors in the middle. Finishes with a bit of a bitter, ethanol burn, but not nearly as harsh as many of the other sakes I have had. A lot more drinkable than the $35 bottle of Divine Droplets.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Chudwick (2818) - Cincyucky, Kentucky, USA - MAY 19, 2013
180ml bottle - pours like water from a rusty hose. nose is cork and moonshine. flavor is watered-down moonshine with a slight alcohol bite. This is the third sake I remember ever having, the first being in the Korean district of Boston. this has a nutty aftertaste. I don’t like this nearly as much as the second one (Gekkeikan Josen Sake). Little character. Somewhat sweet.