overall
Ertvelde, Belgium

RATINGS: 260   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.28   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Eructoblaster (2949) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - NOV 9, 2005
Bottle. Nice cloudy orange body topped with a thick and lasting off-white foamy head. Good yeasty nose with fruity (orange, lemon) and spicy notes. Alcohol is well hidden. Taste carries sharp hoppy flavors and some yeasty, bready, and fruity hints. Ends with a decent bittersweet and warming finish. Good stuff!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
MrManning (2003) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 9, 2005
Argh matey, we be sailing da seas of belgian stong ales, and this be a good one. Harr......we’ve got a gusher here, argh. It be a cloudy orange body, topped by a cloudy/rocky off white head. Lacing lines the glass. Aromas of orange peel, bready malt, nutmeg, and alcohol. Mighty fine matey! In the mouth, argh, we be having citrus, nutmeg and cinnamon, bread, molasses. Alcoholic and warming. Boozey as it warms. Argh matey, it be a pirate’s life.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
wnp22 (685) - Toronto (Roncesvalles Village), Ontario, CANADA - NOV 9, 2005
Tasted in Toronto. Obtained from the LCBO. Tasted in Maudite tulip. Appearance is amber colour, approaching red. Head is massive, white and somewhat disturbing. Slightly cloudy with massive carbonation bubbles rippling through the amber ether. Aroma is soapy, flowery, perfumy and spicy....oh so soapy. Flavour is an orchestra of disaster. Sheer and utter madness. Malty, slightly sour, bits of things suspended in the brew and moving to and fro in my tiny little mouth....help me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
DougShoemaker (3147) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 31, 2005
Citrus, yeast and malt aroma, cloudy peach/apricot, pours a gigantic, long lasting firm custard head, lots of carbonation, some floaties, and pretty lace. Flavour stings with an alcoholic malt, some pear, then bready notes, as it warms a bit of lemon. Light bodied, sweet and strong, even though it’s only 7%. Fair.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
AlchemistZ (493) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - OCT 10, 2005
Orange/amber in color with a massive, rocky head of offwhite foam. Nicely done coriander siced aroma balanced by some sweet malt. Big, criander spice profile (too much for me) with a sweet malt foundation. Lots of lacing, pretyy good overall, but overdone on the coriander.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Ungstrup (29022) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - SEP 19, 2005
An unclear pinkish red beer with a huge light brown head. The aroma is extremely sweet with notes of peaches, yeast, coriander, as well as other spices. The flavor is also very sweet and again it contains notes of coriander, oranges, peaches, as well as cinnamon. Nice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
NosirIwont (1939) - Aalborg Vestby, DENMARK - SEP 19, 2005
Bottle. 09-19-05 Arrr, it be ’International Talk Like A Pirate Day’ today, me hearties. And what be better than to celebrate by splicing the mainbrace and rate this fine piratey ale I’ve got me hook on. I opened the bottle with me cutlass, but shiver me timbers, what did me deadlights tell me: this red ale pours not red, but amber with an off-white head. Nice in itself me lads and lasses, but I had me mind set on recalling the blood of me enemies spilled on the deck and sprayed on the mast. The nose be sweetish and fruity with yeast and notes of coriander. Speaking of nose, I once cut a scallywag’s nose off and fed it to the sharks, but that be another story. Flavour be a nice sweet and fruity one with yeasty notes and a peculiar remote bitterness which bounces around in the mouth. But sink me!, there be slightly too much carbonation. Certainly this drunken sailor have had better ales, yet if I was ever to be marooned, this grog would not be me last choice to be left with. Yarr!!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
beerinmarch (2830) - Washington, USA - AUG 13, 2005
Pours a clear amber with a tall fluffy white head. This beer had a very nice fruity estery aroma. Starts with a light honey note to the sweetness, very fruity with a medium dry finish. The fruitiness in this almost reminded me of tropical fruit in the finish. I thought this was a very flavorful beer and very nicely balanced.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BierBauch (784) - Cape Coral Waterfront Wonderland, Florida, USA - AUG 9, 2005
Clear deep golden with an amber hue. Huge fizzy carbonated head fills half the glass. Floral slightly perfumy aromas with faint clove and pepper.Mouthfeel is medium and initially highly effervescent which does calm down. Flavor is dissapointing. There’s some sugary sweetness there and a light bitterness but that’s about all.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
3fourths (7859) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - AUG 9, 2005
Draft at Brouwer’s Cafe, Seattle
Clear yellow body with a white head. Very strong nose of clover honey and apples. Light bodied, mead-like clover honey flavor, very sugary and thin. This could almost pass for mead. Pungent, cloying and too heavy, regardless of how thin it may seem. Weird.