overall

RATINGS: 211   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.01   IBU: 100   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Did someone ask for hops? Tired of beers that promise a full lupulin experience, but never deliver more than richly malted bitterness? It’s no secret that this is what we excel at. We’ve been brewing world class IPAs for years. Our flagship is the culmination of a decades worth of studying and brewing. Take a step above and acclimate to what an IPA should be.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
XmnwildX12 (2078) - Farmington, Minnesota, USA - JUL 22, 2012
Pours a nice amber color and has a tall frothy lasting head. Scent is a little light on pine and some caramel. Taste is big hop flavors, lots of pine and grapefruit, super smooth IPA. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
48FanInCali (706) - California, USA - JUL 22, 2012
UPDATED: JUL 24, 2012 Amazing. Cloudy hazy orange gold pour with decent head and great retention and lacing. Nose of all types of hops, citrus, and other fruit. Taste is sweet and fruity with plenty of hops and a nice sweet malt backbone. This would hold it’s own against most great IIPAs but as a Single IPA and only 7.2% I am not sure there are many better. Certainly worthy of GABF gold in 2011. My opinion may be a little slanted in that I was enjoying copius Qtys of this in 95 degree weather while on a lake in New Mexico. Many things may taste that good in the heat on vacation. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

jzzbassman (1508) - New Albany, Mississippi, USA - JUL 15, 2012
From the can pours a deep orange with a foamy head. Really earthy and resinous hop aroma. Orange peel, pine, very earthy hop presence with a full mouthfeel makes this just so easy to drink.

drowland (5981) - Valdosta, Georgia, USA - JUL 13, 2012
7/13/12. My first rating at my new house in Jacksonville! ...and a delicious one at that! I drank about half the 16oz can (provided by hopscotch!) before I decided to rate it. Slightly hazed dark orange pour with a nice khaki head that sticks. Not a ton of lacing, but I had rinsed my glass before pouring. Complex hoppy aroma with floral aspects, citrus, bitterness, and a nice malt backing of sweet caramels and a grainy aspect that reminds me of pils malt. Slightly sweet grapefruit entry with lots of citrus and some floral aspects. Sweet sugars arrive next with some sweet caramel from the nice malt backing. Lingering dryness and floral aspects. Nice!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
joeneugs (3119) - Livermore, California, USA - JUL 11, 2012
16 oz can. Thanks trukpro! It pours a nice clear golden color with a small off white head. It has a very complex hoppy aroma of pine, spice, light melon and tropical fruit with a touch of toasty malt. The flavor is intense with dense spicy hops cat pee, pine, smooth malt character and a biting, spicy finish. There are some hints of tropical fruit and dank as well. The mouthfeel full and the carbonation is a bit low. I would not call this a "citrusy" IPA, but it is very tasty nonetheless. Well done.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
maus10 (40) - Arkansas, USA - JUL 8, 2012
Best IPA I've ever had. Hands down! I'm new to rate beer, but not IPAs. This is so well balanced and complex. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
DalzAle (1965) - Eden Prairie, Minnesota, USA - JUL 6, 2012
Can thanks to trukpro! Clear dark orange pour, a little lacing in the center and an arom of bitter orange hops and honey. Flavor is bitters, orange zest, sweet biting pine, dry hops and finished clean with a warming on the aftertaste. Nice beer all around, will be looking for more of this!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
mattyb83 (736) - Minnesota, USA - APR 14, 2012
Growler. Clear ,golden orange color with tiny white head. Tropical fruit fills the nose. It’s like some fucking starbursts filling my nasal cavities. Taste is mango, slight orange, grapefruit, pineapple, and slight pine. Fuck me, this is delicious. Medium bodied. Love this. I need more of this.

beerisgoodforu (992) - Nørresundby, DENMARK - APR 13, 2012
Growler from the brewery. Pours a nice golden orange color with a white head. Aroma is filled with sweet citrus fruits, orange, tangerine, some grapefruit, peach and tropical fruits. The flavor follows the nose and is super fresh, as I say, fresh squeezed hop juice. I get, tropical fruits like mango and pineapple, and orange, tangerine and peach. The body is medium with a dry mouth feel. Overall an amazing IPA, this one surprised me!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
tomciccateri (995) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - APR 7, 2012
On draught at Geckos. Pours a clear dark gold color. Hoppy aromas hit first. Medium body with intense hop bitterness. Hop flavors dominate. Slight citrusy character but not one-dimentional. Slightly sweet underlying maltiness. An impressive IPA.