overall

RATINGS: 213   WEIGHTED AVG: 4   IBU: 100   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Did someone ask for hops? Tired of beers that promise a full lupulin experience, but never deliver more than richly malted bitterness? Itís no secret that this is what we excel at. Weíve been brewing world class IPAs for years. Our flagship is the culmination of a decades worth of studying and brewing. Take a step above and acclimate to what an IPA should be.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
llcooldave (1072) - San Antonio, Texas, USA - JUN 3, 2014
Wow! Musty tropical fruit aroma. Orange amber in the glass. Sweet bitter citrus flavor and minty pine aftertaste. Overall, an interesting brew. Thanks as always to BarZigKin for his continued generosity to the charity case that is LLCoolDave!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
drpimento (2188) - La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 2, 2014
This is a gift from new old friends, Carla & Mark. Much appreciated! Poured with a nice thick golden amber head. Color's a clear medium amber. Aromas fresh volatile hop with a little malt to balance it out. Great flavor pallet and finish. Good drinking beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
milewide (1475) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - MAY 30, 2014
Wonderfully bitter hop aftertaste. Amber color and fine, small bubble, head. Extra points for 16 oz. can which is my favorite format. Weak aroma, and more filtered than my favorite MI brews.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
HuskerTan (467) - Holdrege, Nebraska, USA - MAY 15, 2014
UPDATED: MAY 27, 2014 Draft A- Citrus, hoppy. A- Light copper color, clear liquid, white head. T- Bitter, peaches, mangoes, grapefruit, citrus, pine. P- Medium body, average texture, average carbonation, smooth finish O- A really good IPA. Lots of tropical citrus noted that time down the hops and make for a very refreshing and smooth IPA. Sadly, I only got part of one and really wished I could have sat down to a full pint to really enjoy it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
hockeybeerguy (1708) - Juneau, Alaska, USA - MAY 15, 2014
I received this in an in person trade when I met him at the Hangar on the Wharf. Because its an AIPA, I didnít want to wait on this, sigh, I hope I donít look like a beer snob but hopefully a beer nerd as I didnít go out fishing tonight to sit back and really enjoy this beer. Sigh, ok, here we go. I poured this into a pint glass because it is an AIPA. I didnít see any date anywhere, but my trader did say this is two weeks old. The appearance has a nice hazy golden color with a nice one finger white foamy head that ends up dieing after a minute. The lacing is extremely slight and stringy clinging right to the sides of the glass. The smell is dank nasty - whoah, I love it for the most part, where did this awesome stuff come from (New Mexico, haha, I love it uh....Heady and Pliny uh...I think you have a contender), Thereís a nice allocation of spicy and bitter hops to slightly overcome the sweet maltiness that ends up trying to come out. The taste is mainly bitter but in a good way, as thereís nothing really telling me thereís any sweetness to it no matter how much I let it warm. The aftertaste is pure bitter and dank nasty (nasty in a spectacular way). The finish is somewhat dry. On the palate, it sits about a medium in body with a decent carbonation that goes well for the AIPA style that is fairly harsh but still adds enough to compensate for a decent harshness. Overall, in my opinion, this is an awesome AIPA that I would love to welcome again. However, because of where I live, Iím only able to get this through trade, no worries, I would love to have this again and possibly see if I could put this with its respected food.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
bucs572000 (237) - Minnesota, USA - MAY 8, 2014
Poured from a 16oz can. Aroma is tropical fruit, mango, grapefruit, and light pine. Flavors are tropical fruit, peach, grapefruit, mango, orange peel, and pine. Love this Ipa, super fruity in the nose and in the mouth with a tiny bit of pine bitterness. Wish I had a lifetime supply of this beer!!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
malrubius (1659) - Willowick, Ohio, USA - MAY 6, 2014
Can courtesy of miketd. Thanks, man! Golden orange with fluffy head and lace and chill haze. Perfumy aroma of grapefruit rind and dank bud. Mild fruity mango apricot sweetness with assertive grapefruity grassy very dry bitter finish. NIcely attenuated medium light body. Effervescent. Excellent.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ismith87 (71) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - APR 27, 2014
Ap - golden amber color. No head. Ar - amazing citrus, grapefruit smell, pineappe, mango, pine T - grapefruit! Pine, citrus zest, pineapple, super bitter P - light-medium, alc covered, aftertste bitter! O - great beer, lives up to its rating, tongue numbing bitterness

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
TXBadger (1266) - Dallas, Texas, USA - APR 21, 2014
An above average IPA, really pretty solid. Floral and citrus, nice combo on this. Worth trying to get if you can.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
FiremanChris (15) - - APR 18, 2014
Fresh can straight from the brewery 5 days old Pours a cloudy burnt orange color. Aroma is crisp hops with heavy tropical fruit notes: Pineapple, peach, grapefruit, tangerine. Sweet bready malt. Itís all there. Taste is bitter hops up front but not overly so. The middle is more tropical fruits with tangerine and grapefruit being the most notable with a drying bitter finish. Mouthfeel is medium bodied with good carbonation. Overall a top notch beer. This is one of the best Ive had. Exactly what Iím looking for in an IPA. Top 5 easily. The best? Maybe...