La Cumbre Pale 32
     click to upload

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.95/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.04   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 38   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
This is not a clone brew. I repeat, this is not a clone brew. What I was trying to do was pay homage to one of America’s truly great Pale Ales, and certainly one of my personal favorites. This med. bodied session pale ale is ripe with both American and European hops. Without any dry hop, you can get a very good idea of what those late kettle additions can do for a beer. This is about as drinkable as hoppy pale ale gets.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Terminus (3253) - Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA - JUL 5, 2012
Tap at brewpub-pours a lite copper hue with a very small soapy white head and good lacing. very floral-forward nose with cookie aspects, lite citrus. flavors are very floral, lite asprin/medicinal qualities and lite earthy pine with some sweet carmel malt to sweeten it up a bit. very clean well put together beer. lite toasted malt notes. Even before i looked at the description, this beer DOES come across as a very SNPA clone, but thats not a bad thing for me. Jeff is just paying homage to an american original. Not very British but i guess its pretty mile for what Jeff does. yet another AWESOME session beer from Jeff Erway!

smaynard6000 (642) - Apopka, Florida, USA - MAY 30, 2012
on tap at the brewery. Amber color with small white head. Clear bodied. Aroma is light, mostly citrusy hops and something I can’t quite place. I sampled the aroma several times and I just couldn’t define the nose. Medium bodied with slick mouthfeel. Flavor is long in duration and has a nice long bitter finish. Mostly citrusy hoppy flavor. I was actually surprised at how hoppy this was at 38 IBU. A very enjoyable pale ale. I tried the Zythos again after this and the Pale 32 is definitely hop-forward in comparison. The hops in this brew definitely come through in the flavor.