La Face Cachée de la Pomme Bulle Rosé

RATINGS: 5   MEAN: 3.66/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.16   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
80% Geneva 20% Honeygold

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Lubiere (10187) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 14, 2013
A dark amber cider with a thin off white head. In aroma, nice apple pulp with light pepper and herbs. In mouth, a rather light watery cider with chalky notes. Bottle at La Cuvée, March 3 2013.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Glouglouburp (6085) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - SEP 25, 2012
In short: A tart and somewhat dry red cider with strong apple skin character. Good
How: Bottle, shared by the Poughkeepsie-rating-machine with friends under the Vermont stars.
The look: Color is something like the picture, dirty-red, almost no head
In long: Nose is tart red apples, and apple skin, far from the smell of concentrate apples of many basic ciders. Taste is more of the same, strong apple skin sensation, tart apples, mild acidity, a light musky character. Finish is rather dry. Being from Quebec I should be the number one cider fan on ratebeer, I’m not, but this was quite good, but I’m wasn’t overwhelmed by it like my friends were (I’m a very bad cider judge btw). A bottle shared at the crazy Hill Farmstead anniversary party when I got particularly hammered, and if you ask me if I’m ready to go back next year then I’ll tell that I was born ready, a fact that has totally baffled medical science ever since I was born.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Reynolds314 (2375) - Connecticut, USA - JUN 1, 2012
Huge thanks for the share on this one at the HF afterparty. Dry crisp and refreshing with tart apples and just the right hint of fruity sweetness to make you want more. A delicate earthy bite mixed in gives this a bit of complexity. Loved it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Ernesto987 (3790) - Connecticut, USA - MAY 29, 2012
Bottle shared by Jay at the HF anniversary party. WOW! was this apples? Those canadians dont fuck around. Sweet sour type apply flavors balanced with sweetness. Great stuff!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
j12601 (6639) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - MAY 29, 2012
Bottle of the 2010 edition that Andy, Max, and I took to the Hill Farmstead second anniversary party. Pours a clear ruby garnet color with a thin white head. Sweet acid, bright ice cider style apple notes. Sweet acid, medium bodied. Tart acid, dry apple. Long musky apple finish. Delicious stuff.