overall
Style: Ice Cider/Ice Perry
Hemmingford, Canada
Serve in Flute, Stem glass

RATINGS: 329   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.11   EST. CALORIES: 390   ABV: 13%
Produced since 1994, Neige Première is the leading inspiration of La Face Cachée de la Pomme. It is the very first ice cider (also known as apple ice wine) to be commercialized in Québec and throughout the world.

In the fall, very ripe apples are picked and stored at cool temperatures until the end of December. Once winter arrives, the fruit is pressed and the juice obtained is placed outside in the intense January cold. During crystallization, the water separates from the sugars by natural cryoconcentration naturelle. After few days of intense cold, concentrated must, representing ¼ of the initial quantity of juice, is collected by gravity. The extracted must is then placed in stainless steel tanks where it ferments at least six months at low temperatures before being bottled.

ABV varies between 10-13% depending on seasonal temperatures.

mullet2007 (209) - St. Johns, Newfoundland, CANADA - JUL 1, 2007
First off, let me state that this is the best liquid there is. Ever. This particular bottle said it was bottled in 2004, and the percentage is 10% ABV. Color is a beautiful deep orange to coppery golden color. Aroma is basically pure apple, with just the slightest hint of mulling spices. Flavor is also incredibly apple, again with a hint of mulling spices. It literally does taste exactly like non-alcoholic apple cider, or perhaps the condensed liquids of apple pie. Mouthfeel is thick and syrupy, and perfectly still. This is hands down the most delicious alcohol and/or liquid I have ever had. Awesome.

argo0 (11555) - Washington DC, USA - JUL 14, 2005
(2003 Vintage, RBSG05) Crystal clear apple juice body (richer color than the degel), beautiful long legs. Aroma is medium sweet, apple, tart, exceptionally clean, fresh. Faint alcohol detected but no syrup. Taste is sweet, apple, tart, light liqueur. Finish is fantastically fresh apple. Medium body, clean, alcohol very well hidden. Maybe my ignorance of ciders is revealed here, causing me to inflate my score. Regardless, I was blown away by this one. I did buy some more, so I will see if I in fact like it as much as I think I do.

sthlm (1231) - Minnesota, USA - JUL 15, 2007
UPDATED: FEB 17, 2008 [Bottle, huge thanks to Skyview for this] By far the best cider that I have ever tasted. Strong aroma of green apples. Super smooth, sweet, but a little tart too. Despite being 12% there were no signs of alcohol anywhere. I was almost tempted to put this at number one on my list. Amazing stuff.

Guerde (1169) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - JUL 15, 2007
(bottle, Big thanks to Skyview for sharing this incredible cider!) The aroma was very strong and consisted of granny smith apples with a hint of cinnamon. Taste contained an initial blast of sweetness which gave way to an amazing finish of tart apple with notes of cinnamon, butter, and brown sugar. Just fantastic.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
BDR (2534) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - JUL 16, 2007
UPDATED: NOV 2, 2009 Rating #900. Thanks to Skyview for sharing the second gem of the evening. Rich gold color with visible alcohol. Amazing burnt toffee aroma with Granny smith apple flavor. Strong apple flavor that dominates the burnt toffee I so enjoyed in the nose. Truly a phenomenal cider that was still young - I need to find a bottle to toss in my cellar for a decade or so.

Skyview (5215) - Papoose Jct, Minnesota, USA - JUL 17, 2007
Recommended by chriso420 in Portland, Oregon during ABA ’07 Beer Tour. Pours a rich golden orange beverage with no head. Body is thick, a little syrupy with a lot of aroma. Scent of sweet apples, earthy spices and a touch of butter. Texture is thick, creamy and soft with a strong taste of ripe Granny Smith apples just as they were freshly harvested from the Australian orchards. Finish is slightly tart with a cinnamin apple pie filling aftertaste. This ice cider is so amazing I could easily believe that every romance novelist has a few bottles of this next to their word processor. Where did I get this? Belmont Station in Portland, Oregon. Thanks again chriso420!

daknole (9127) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - JAN 30, 2010
Nbutler with the hookup! Rich golden pour. Sweet apple genius. Purely decadent. God I love ice ciders.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
MichaelAwesome (4142) - Wanne-Eickel, North Rhine-Westphalia, GERMANY - DEC 31, 2013
First I have to thank Cunningham for donating us that beautiful beverage Second I have to thank McTapp for sharing that one with me. And at least I have to thank that {brewery} for sharing that beverage with the world. Where to start ? Quite difficult. Maybe with that superb look which reminds you liquid honey. Or maybe with that smell of apple being mixed up with the most expensive honey you can imagine. The only thing you can (worry) about is the sweetness in the taste. The rest is unimaginable and pure apple with syrup and honey. With some alcohol. With the most unbelievable quaffyness you can imagine. I have never tried anything comparable to that one. Like a german ice wine made out of apples. In high quality. Crazy stuff.

Chalumeaux (57) - Methuen, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 4, 2014
This is some of the best ice wine I have had. Sweet tasting wonderful aroma and easy finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
badgerben (4405) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - JUL 13, 2007
Rating #2400. Skyview is a freaking rock god! Yellow color with some alcoholic swirling. Aroma of buttery apples. Sweet mercy, the taste... pure Granny Smith apples. It manages to taste like apple pie, without being packed full of spices. It is predominantly sweet, but just a bit of tartness. Oh god is this amazing.