overall
Brewed by Labatt Breweries (AB InBev)
Style: Golden Ale/Blond Ale
London, Canada

RATINGS: 331   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.27/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Contains all the distinguishing features of a true ale, including a good balance of dryness, complemented by a fruity taste and unique hop flavouring.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
chesher (5) - CANADA - JUL 16, 2002 does not count
It has a bite for sure! However a true classic, nice taste to it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
ClarkVV (5559) - Allston, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 10, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 4, 2005 i dont know what to think about this. very confusing taste. rather offensive. tastes like a good skunked beer. not sure what they are trying to do with this one. . .
Rerate. Itís scary that Iíve already had this. Aroma of sweet, honey malt, corn flowers, minerals, hay, grass. Flavor of grassy hops, bits of malt, dusty cardboard, xerox paper. The fact that you can just barely taste hops is impressive, in an ironic way. Looks about the same as any pale lager macro, yellow, fizzy white head. . .

1.4
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
MartinT (9191) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 6, 2002
I think I tasted something!!...Caramel and hops?...Damn! I think theyíre gone!!...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUN 5, 2002
Fine for a lawn-mowiní beer. nicer taste than the blue.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - MAY 29, 2002
This is an ale, but tastes like itís been ílagerizedí because itís hard to tell from ordinary Labattís. This is pretty drinkable stuff and goes down easy!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Schroppfy (2360) - Łůdż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - MAY 27, 2002
OK, so at a Memorial Day party, a philosopher-neuroscientist, a psychologist-neuroscientist and a íregularí neuroscientist are all standing around a cooler with Leinie Red, this beer and Molson Golden. What do all three choose first? The Red. In addition, I ask the Neuroscientist if heís had Dark Horseís new summer wheat, and mention all of their beers are now in 12 oz. (he lives in the town where the brewery is) and he says to me íTheyíre too expensiveí. Hmmm. I guess Iím the rich one among us. As for this brew, well, it was a party, and as the beer warmed, well, it didnít have that sickly corn-syrup sweetness. That was good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Bulldog99 (13) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 24, 2002
I notice a trend in the reviews. Most people from Quebec seem to like this ale a lot. Well Iím no exception. This is my íevery dayí beer. Does it mesure up to microbrewery beers? No. But itís my favorite of all the macrobreweries. Nice golden color, true ale taste with a nice little fruity finish to it. The head is typical macro though. Too bubbly and gone in seconds but other than that, a solid brew. Hard to find outside Quebec. I think itís called Labatt Canadian Ale in the U.S. but I donít know if itís as good.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
olympian (107) - USA - MAY 20, 2002
Same story: Classic Canadian brew gets íAmericanizedí to increase sales below the border - winds up a bare notch better than American macroswill, when it was once a fine Canadian ale. Pleasant enough to drink, but eminently forgettable, too.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
caledonian (367) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 19, 2002
Drinkable but definitely not a favorite.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
DEbeer (192) - West Virginia, USA - MAY 9, 2002
This is just bad. I am really, really disappointed with this beer; after having Blue, I guess I just thought it would have a taste. It was so watery and thin and bland that I poured out the last of it because I just couldnít force myself to drink anymore.