overall
Brewed by Labatt Breweries (InBev)
Style: Golden Ale/Blond Ale
London, Canada

RATINGS: 324   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.27   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Contains all the distinguishing features of a true ale, including a good balance of dryness, complemented by a fruity taste and unique hop flavouring.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Ungstrup (29850) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - NOV 7, 2012
Bottled. A yellow beer with a white head. The aroma has notes of straw and malt. The flavor is sweet with notes of malt and straw, leading to a dry finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Papsoe (25083) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - NOV 7, 2012
Bottle 34,1 cl. Courtesy of Pinball. Pours a clear yellow with a white head. Lightly phenollic and yeasty, fruity nose. Light body, a dry fruitiness and again a little yeast. Hardly any bitterness. 071112

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Whatup14 (806) - Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, CANADA - OCT 12, 2012
Bouteille 341ml. Couleur ambrée translucide, peu de mousse. Arôme et goût presque inexistant. Une bière macro conventionnelle...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
left_bank (71) - JAPAN - OCT 6, 2012
starting drinking beer with (labatt) "50",as did most people who grew up in the same part of montreal. maybe good high school memories are getting the best of me,but i do not find this all that bad;still think it would go fine after a hockey game or playing poker with friends.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
yrstruly (333) - Guelph, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 26, 2012
UPDATED: SEP 22, 2013 Not bad, the kind of watery beer that is totally okay and not unpleasant after a long day. Yellow pour, grassy-fruity aroma, light malty taste with a light hop finish and good balance. Great townie bar beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
WheatKing (1306) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 29, 2012
My friend’s into craft beer and this is his favourite macro. I’ve tried to like this, I really have, but it has the strongest cardboard flavour of any beer I’ve ever tried. Maybe it would be good fishing? Seems like the flavours would mix well with a fish gut aroma.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
fsquirrel29 (79) - Michigan, USA - MAY 18, 2012
Looks like I’m one of the few people that likes this beer. I was always told to stay away from this beer, because the 50 in the name refers to the minimum age to drink it. I’m now 52, so I tried it. just kidding. When OKeefe went out of business, I was forced to find a new ale, I tried both Molson Export and Labatt 50 and while I prefer the Molson, there’s nothing wrong with this beer. A nice ale with a mild bitterness.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
killjoy966 (677) - Washington, USA - APR 23, 2012
12 oz. bottle @ Reuben’s (not the nice one). The waiter warned me that it was an old man’s beer. I guess old men like terrible beer because this tastes all sorts of funky. Glad that I can just check it off.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
mansquito (3576) - Nueva York, New York, USA - MAR 4, 2012
The Beer Store 473ml can: Pours a golden color with an OK looking white head. Aroma is pale malt and some sugar. Taste is way better than I was expecting. Light and it goes down very smoothly. Inoffensive and uncomplex, but perfectly drinkable.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
pintbypint (2707) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - FEB 26, 2012
341ml brown bottle. Golden pour, white head with light lacing. Fruity nose, some slight lemon- citrus there. Taste is grainy, dry, light bitterness at the end. Light bodied, medium carbonation. Not terribly exciting, a macro through and through, but a nostalgia brand for me as my dad used to always keep this beer around the house.