overall
Brewed by Labatt Breweries (InBev)
Style: Malt Liquor
London, Canada

RATINGS: 21   MEAN: 1.63/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.89   EST. CALORIES: 303   ABV: 10.1%
Brewed for the Quebec market.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
MacBoost (1399) - Pouring Bus, New York, USA - OCT 27, 2012
Kept right in the bottle. Grape drank, dough, alcoholic finish. Nice. Wish I could get this on the regular. Krunked.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
pepsican (1451) - @ $13.99, Iowa, USA - SEP 28, 2012
And with this, I say goodbye to my stash of Quebec Buzzed Quick Bottles. Sad. Like the others, I’m a huge fan of the Labatt dry version of malt liquor. Boozy, but not overpowering. Cotton candy, grape drank, malt, dough, alcohol, and a bit of earthy hoppiness. Slick finish, plenty of carbonation. Man oh man.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Bendrixian (1166) - Canadiana, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 10, 2012
clear yellow colour, minimal head. has a very similar profile as the 8.1 but a slightly more floral note. More bitter profile and slightly more heat.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
Metalchopz (2399) - Cantley, Quebec, CANADA - AUG 2, 2011
Originally rated February 2007. The last time I had a 10% malt liquor in a 40oz. bottle, I almost puked. Actually, what saved me... was my first drainpour. But tonight, I feel like taking on this one. Yukk, just the fumes makes me gargle, with it’s chemical stink. Pours a darker golden lager colour with lots of carbonation. Gotta hurry up with this review, as the drunkeness is taking over. Decent white head with sticky lacing, and a creamy thin layer tops the brew. No burn in the mouthfeel, but alcohol is present in the taste. Not really a dry beer, but aftertaste does disappear quite fast. As fast as this is getting me drunk. Sweet, sweet malt, kind of syrupy. Will not be drinking any beer after this one... for the rest of the night.

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
DeanF (1716) - Nunavut, CANADA - DEC 24, 2010
From one Québec barley wine to another, uh, shall we say, "barley" wine, of the cheaper variety. Completing my murderous tour of Labatt’s fine malt liquor selection, I found this charming 950ml can in an artisanal beer shop. I let it sit for an hour or two before opening, to allow it to warm up to room temperature, so I can properly taste and feel the true nuances of Labatt’s ten-point-one monster, and compare it to the softer varieties out there. If by chance you actually pour this into a glass, rather than just suck it down from the gigantic can or glass bottle, you’ll notice it has quite a large head and a decent bright gold colour - an almost average apperance for a beer! Aroma is rice wine, paint, and a soft hint of grain on the back end; but again, this is indeed a positive mark for this beer as it does not have a revolting smell. Taste is all rice adjuncts with a huge foul alcohol finish. Yicccch. This is bad hangover material for sure. For you anglophones out there, the "bleue" is pronounced "bleuh", which is what you essentially do after drinking a litre of this stuff.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
mabel (6505) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 13, 2010
[2680-20091231] 950mL can. White fermented grapes aroma seem to have had bread crumbs dipped in. Clear, light orange brown body with long-lasting creamy off-white head. Fruity astringent grape yeast flavour. Medium body is boozy. Offensive in every way but how it looks. Huh.
(From Super-Relais, Riviere de Loupe, QC; w/ jerc)

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
jercraigs (8059) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 1, 2010
2009-12-31. New Years Eve at the Comfort Inn in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec. When I turn on the TV the score between Canada and the US in the World Junior Hockey Championship is tied at 1-1. Shortly after I open the can the Americans score, and soon its 4-2 for the US, having scored two short handed goals so far. I can’t help but feel that it is somehow the beers fault. First sniff is pretty intense and not terribly inviting. The yellow body with a modest white head seems non-threatening in the little plastic hotel cup, unlike the 950mL tub of a can staring at me from across the room. The aroma starts out innocuously enough, pale grains and some straw, but the alcohol grows and gets to be a bit rough. Like a knee on knee hit, but I have neither a whistle nor the power to assign penalties. The flavour is surprisingly less offensive than anticipated. (Team Canada too seems to be lacking in offense right now unfortunately.) Odd yes, with its core of grainy pale malts but it varies between a harsh roughly alcoholic boozy character and a more refined cheap Belgian tripel like character. Still, it leans heavily towards the former, increasingly so as it starts to warm up. Average to light bodied palate. I start to wonder if finding this at a gas station is symbolic - perhaps the grain would have been better suited to ethanol fuel purposes? Who knows. I pour out the remainder and reward my taste buds with a Garrison IPA. Canada comes back and wins 5-4 in a shootout. Coincidence? I think not. Happy New Year! Can from Petro-Canada gas station, Somewhere on the road in Quebec

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
MrManning (2009) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 11, 2009
950 ml can- I’ve made my way through plenty of swill from this brewery, so I should be used to stuff like this by now. Pale sparkling gold with a fizzy and noisy, short lived white head. Nose of wet paper, some alcohol, orange peel, some grains. Taste is all out booze with orange peel and grains, some paper, some straw, lots of fuesel components. This is pretty rank overall. Not one I’d get again.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Gorbalev (2950) - Ontario, CANADA - OCT 25, 2008
The commercial description should be changed as this bad boy comes in 950ml cans - oh yeah! (in my Duffman voice)! My can, shared with Harry and Blankboy, courtesy of (courtesy may be a strong word here) my friends Big Red and K. Bought during their trip out East I believe, although it could have been while passing through Quebec. Clear yellow, big fluffy white head that goes away quickly. Alcohol, rice, more alcohol in aroma. Taste - like Moonshine (I’ve had Honduran Moonshine - this was close).It starts smooth but then kicks in with a burning vodka like alcohol punch. Huge alcohol I cannot stress that enough. Not offensive entirely, but just one huge can of potent alcohol ass whopping. If I ever end of homeless in Quebec, this will likely provide the most bang for me buck. Hell, if work keeps on pissing me off, I may have one of these before bed each night.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
blankboy (6263) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 22, 2008
UPDATED: OCT 19, 2008 Can (950ml!!) shared with HogTownHarry & tupalev -- courtesy of tupalev. Pours a clear pale gold with a spare diminishing white head. Very, very mild aroma -- pretty much nothing there. The flavour on the other hand BURNS. This is nothing but Bum-Juice.