overall
Brewed by Labatt Breweries (InBev)
Style: Pale Lager
London, Canada

RATINGS: 64   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.26   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
With only 88 calories per 341 ml bottle, Labatt Sterling is a light, refreshing beer with 1/3 less calories than regular beers. In other words, it's a great tasting beer...that won't slow you down.

beerhugger (542) - Oshawa, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 5, 2004
Astonishingly bad. I must have had a brain cramp though because even though I suspected this one would suck I tried it anyways. It was used as a palate cleanser in place of sparkling water at an Imperial Stout tasting as mr_kimchee's. I had missed a few tastings so my palate probably didn't need cleansing. Until I drank this. Then I needed some good San Pellegrino to cleanse the Sterling away. Enough said.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
radiomgb (2182) - Peterborough, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 4, 2004
Very light yellow in colour. Aroma was of skunk and corn. No body, no flavour, no good.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
frink (467) - coquitlam, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 4, 2004
Are you f_cking kidding me??? How can a brewmaster taste this and say, "Oh yeah sure we can sell this??!!" Nose of pure skank, flavors of soaked wood and baking soda mixed with soda water. NASTY!!!

Oakes (12167) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 2, 2004
Very pale yellow. Adjuncty aroma. Extremely watery. Absolutely tasteless. Virtually impossible to write anything about this…it’s fucking abysmal, I can say that.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
CapFlu (4459) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 22, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 11, 2004 (Bottle) Lucky Khaki and I have already met early in our RB careers because there may have been some animosity over the hoarding of crappy Canadian beers! This one pours a highly carbonated, light amber body and a thin, white, quick dissipating head. Nose of horse blanket, lemon and a cleaning agent? Surprisingly flavourful for this style. Grassy flavour with a mild yeasty, dough. Atkin's lovers will love that this has flavour at all - unlike most of that food. I still prefer the President's Choice Red Brew!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Radek Kliber (6368) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - FEB 15, 2004
Faint yeast dough aroma. Light , strong mineral water accents , very light beer . Thin texture .It is very drinkable - so is mineral water . Hard to believe this is 4 % beer. Drinks like it was 6-7 Plato beer . Taste as directed.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
JoeMcPhee (8302) - Toronto, ON, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 10, 2004
I had the good (or bad) fortune of having someone from the campus newspaper bring me and some friends a sample of each of the new low carb beer available in Canada (Thanks Marina). This one looks like piss, tastes like piss, I think it might have been piss. Pale yellow under white head. No obvious hops, faint malty smell and taste. As with the others, if you're watching your weight, avoid these and stick to gin.

MegaManC (31) - Oakville, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 2, 2004
This is pure SHIT! It tastes like Labatt just took Blue, and diluted it with water. Taste is very thin and doesn't last. DON'T TRY THIS "BEER".

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Commodore (112) - Ontario, CANADA - FEB 1, 2004
Looked better than other lights with a coppery colour. Could I have distinguished it from Bass by the looks? Probably yes because there was no head. It smelled sweet, but had no taste or palate. Not horrible, but I'd never order it again. I think my buddies are having jokes at my expense when they convince me to try new beers. Just because I've abstained all my life, and all of a sudden I've taken a shine to the ol' brewski. But I digress. Not worth the money for this swill.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
TipsyMcStager (1139) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - JAN 27, 2004
The low carb craze has reached a new low with the creation of Labatt Sterling. Truly a vile liquid worthy of a place on the World's Worst list. A foul-smelling concoction that conjures memories of septic fields and rotten corn. Goodyear inspired rubber flavour with eye-watering aftertaste. Abandon hope ye who enter here.