overall

RATINGS: 42   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.14   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Unfilterred, bottom fermented, good balance of malt /hop/aroma flavor, extensive use of Noble hops, very light color, lagered 7 weeks.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jayc (28) - USA - APR 18, 2004
Had this on tap at La Conner Brew Pub ... I thought I was in Germany having the local 'pils. Average as measured by someone well exposed to local German national, in country pils beers BUT a surprise to get one on Pugent Sound. The Germans would like this one, on tap of course! Bold, and so heady --- it's spitting it out big-time just like the old country brews in upper Bavaria. Smooth flavorful, hoppy going in and coming out.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
leitrim65 (402) - Seattle, Washington, USA - APR 12, 2004
On tap at the brew pub. Beautiful looking golden yellow color with a large white head. Mild hop aromas. Light and crispy with nice hop flavoring.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Zach Diesel (906) - Sisters, Oregon, USA - MAR 28, 2004
sharp citrus hop aroma, pale yellow with a loose white head, hoppy and dry and more akin to an American pale ale

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
TimE (3184) - Tokyo, JAPAN - MAR 16, 2004
Fluffy white head, highly carbonated with a big floral nose, a biscuity malty mouth and a strange malty finish. Starts great, but goes down hill from there.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Gromit (479) - Port Orchard, Washington, USA - MAR 10, 2004
I'm not much of a Pils fan, but this is quite good. The only thing common with others is the appearance. Scent is of light fruits like banana, almost like a Belgian. For a Pilsner, the flavor is outstanding. Sweet, yet balanced by a generous dosing of hops. Mouthfeel is thick yet crisp and clean. Overall this is a great beer and an outstanding Pilsner.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Murphy (1759) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - FEB 9, 2004
So normally I really don't like pilsners, so I wasn't expecting much. But wait, this is LaConner! They can't screw up a beer! The pilsner came of with a nice malty taste and a well balanced sweetness. Hops settle into the background. Great!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
schm1005 (151) - Seattle, Washington, USA - OCT 2, 2003
Clean yet hearty palate, a little dry but still solid microbrew, slightly fruity and spicy hops...Good bold pilsner

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
HH (165) - Everett, Washington, USA - JUN 20, 2003
Probably not a favotite from this brewery, they have more interesting offerings than this. That said, it's a decent pils. As I recall they had a GABF medal on the wall for it. Decently hoppy and went pretty good with the pizza I had last time I visited there.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Suttree (5143) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - APR 28, 2003
Well, in all fairness, you don't go to LaConner for the Pils. Not bad, mind you, but it didn't reach out and slap me around like the Imperial Stout did. Mild hop character. a little more grainy than I prefer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
drismyhero (815) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - APR 14, 2003
Well, it is a pilsner...but for being such, it is unusually hoppy and rather high on my personal pilsner list. Of course, this is not saying much at all, I happen to be horribly biased...a true ale asshole (alehole?). I may be a bastard, but I can't help myself, pilsners are just not my thing. But reguardless, this is probably (aside from Bitburger Pils) the best pilsner I've had.