overall

RATINGS: 579   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 64   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Lots of wheat for a curious malt complexity and leaving it light in color, but huge in flavor and satisfaction
Net contents: Ounces and ounces of Malt, Hops, Yeast and water.

liveby86rulz's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
liveby86rulz (5) - - FEB 23, 2013
Pours with little head, very light color with more than average carbonation. Strong citrus undertones, does not bite you back. Great starter for a long night.

Beerathon (1131) - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 21, 2014
Not the best 2X IPA Iíve had, but is damn tasty. Nice fluffy head to go along with light orange color and clarity. Hops are upfront and lovely- grapefruit, tropical fruits, bit of pine. Doesnít taste heavy at all, remarkably easy drinking for its ABV. Finishes wet with limited lingering bitterness thanks to a slight sweet kick in the middle of the flavor profile. Lagunitas knows how to do beer right.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
jandd1983 (2533) - Florissant, Missouri, USA - AUG 21, 2014
It poured a golden color with a white head. The aroma was of pine, hops, mango, citrus and some resin. the taste was of sweet citrus/mango up front then the pine and resin kick in with a bitter hoppy finish. It was light body with light carbonation. Nice.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
CardsPackHawks (97) - Illinois, USA - AUG 20, 2014
I enjoy A Little Sumpin? Ale and when I saw this at Target with the big Extra! on the label, a 6 pack flew into the cart. After my first sip, I will be heading back to pick up more of this limited release. I think it is even better than the original. More flavor and bite!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mcberko (6270) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 20, 2014
12 oz. bottle, pours a hazy golden with a finger width of white head. Nose brings out loads of lovely piney hops above anything, with a subtle biscuity malt backing. Flavour is along the same lines, with some robust piney hops, a touch of resin, and a dry wheaty biscuity malt, with a bit of a warming effect and a fruitiness that kicks in after a while. Finishes dry, piney, hoppy, but with low astringency, and also some stone fruitiness. Excellent IIPA.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ColovianTrader (267) - - AUG 20, 2014
Sweet, fruity aroma. Flavors of caramel, wheat, orange, grains, apples and tropical fruits. The wheat is well balanced by the other flavors. Nice hop bite and citrus finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bpreo (1545) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - AUG 19, 2014
Itís a really strong tasting beer with a good dose of alcohol to back it up.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
MattH (642) - California, USA - AUG 19, 2014
Bottle from Pacific Grove Trader Joeís for $1.59. Translucent medium gold pour with a massive long lasting white head. Very nice aroma of pineapple, orange, grapefruit and a little pine. Flavor is sugar, light peach and pithy bitterness. Level of carbonation is medium. Body is on the lighter side for a Double IPA, and mouthfeel is a little sticky. This beer was really good. Probably the best thing Iíve had from Lagunitas since first drinking Sucks a couple of years ago. Value is also incredible. I do not think you can get a Double IPA of this quality for $1.59 anywhere.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
60minuteman (717) - Frazer, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 18, 2014
Sample at Kildaires. Bronze color, some white head and lace on the glass. Aroma of crisp malt, toasted hop, cinnamon spice, sugar, yeast, grass. Taste is malt, sugar, water, grass, earth, spice, some citrus. Too sweet for me. Very zesty. The beer already comes brews with sugar, additional is not necessary.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
TattooJack (71) - Illinois, USA - AUG 18, 2014
Poured from the bottle of a six pack into my favorite pint glass. I grabbed this six pack from the slot normally occupied by the regular sumpin sumpin at the Jewel in Pilsen (actually had to step up and reach because it was recessed, which is sometime the case at this store). I didnít even look at it and proceeded straight to the register. I drove home through normal south side bs traffic, got home and as I put the bottles on the shelf. "Hey wait" I said as i saw the extra on the label. It looks like I got something extra and when I checked the receipt I was right they gave me this for the same sale price as the original. So whats in a name? I dunno I forgot what I was saying this is 8.5% and Iím 5 beers down. Iíll leave you with a cliche "everything happens for a reason" and the reason is sometimes you need a little sumpin extra and I did and I got it for free. Suck it jewel!!

lightbias (76) - USA - AUG 16, 2014
This bright gold DIPA pours into the glass with a huge, fluffy, white head and what a tenacious foam it is! My frequent sips are leaving a succession of white, sticky rings along the sides of the glass and a sweet, tangy, pine and tangerine-laden aroma is filling my olfactory senses in tandem with each tip of the glass. I taste a nice balance between bitter and sweet, one gives way to the other and vice versa; over and over again I am drawn to sate my need for one, only to have the other beg for attention. Complex is a good word for this offering from Lagunitas. Zesty and rich? Bitter and sweet? An excellent combination, no matter how confusing it may seem at first, and a brew I am sure to reach for again!