overall

RATINGS: 1545   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.79   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 64   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Way smooth and silky with a nice wheaty-esque-ish-ness. Just the little sumpin’ sumpin’ we all need to kick Summer into full swing! Ingredients: Hops, Malt, Hops, Hops, Yeast, Hops, Water, and Hops.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
highibus (755) - Vail, Arizona, USA - MAY 24, 2011
Fairly light straw with bright white head. Beautiful floral almost herbal aroma. Flavie is fairly light but plenty of balance and charecter. Nice!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Dfonorow (1721) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 24, 2011
Pours somewhat hazy yellow with a slight orange hue. Large head at first but fades quickly. Aroma is normal for an IPA with notes of citrus, grapefruit, and peaches. Not much floral aromas but the taste is quite floral with hints of peaches and grapefruits. Bitter hoppy finish, medium bodied.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mcnealc31 (255) - Elida, Ohio, USA - MAY 18, 2011
Pours kind of a hazy gold with a fluffy white head. Smells like honey, hops, and wheat. My first taste is about the same. It’s kind of like a wheat IPA. There’s some grapefruit, some grass, a little bit of malt sweetness, and long, dry, tart finish. You’d never guess it’s 7.5% ABV. I definitely get more IPA than wheat, which is probably why I like it! Overall, it’s different, certainly worth a try. Very drinkable, especially for its ABV.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Koelschtrinker (12655) - Köln (Cologne), GERMANY - MAY 17, 2011
Fruchtig-herber Antrunk, recht trocken. Die Hopfigkeit ist hier eher schwach vertreten, wird aber zum Mittelteil intensiver. Dennoch wird er nicht übermäßig intensiv sondern sinkt eher zum Ende wieder, um der Trockenheit und den süß-herben Aromen Platz zu machen. Süffiges und einfaches IPA. 6/10/9/9/8/9

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
nramsburg (259) - New York, New York, USA - MAY 14, 2011
22oz bomber. Light straw color with small head. Pretty bready and mildly citrusy aroma. Mid-sized body with a somewhat grassy mixed with bready finish. Tasty brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
sarahmarie (265) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 12, 2011
UPDATED: AUG 1, 2012 Pours a golden hue with lively carbonation. A loosely built white head packs on top leaving scattered lacing along the glass. Very floral fruity aroma, fresh hops perfume. Flavor is full of fruity hop bitterness that lingers buts finishes clean and not overpowering. Pungent orange notes throughout. Like a hoppy citrus orange juice. The fruity aspects take this to a higher echelon.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
ajd6c8 (70) - USA - MAY 11, 2011
Very hoppy. I’m actually having a hard time identifying many specific flavors. Sweet, maybe orange/lemon rind. It’s a good clean ale, but I find it one-dimensional.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Hair6a11 (1426) - Illinois, USA - APR 29, 2011
Bottle; Pour is clear gold with an average white head with average retention. Nice floral, grapefruit, caramel nose. I do enjoy, for a change, a tasty ipa that doesn’t have that heavy bitterness, and I think this brew really accomplishes those concepts. This brew seems more malt forward on the flavor profile; caramel, toast, while the grapefruit and florals round out the hop bitterness. Nice little brew, for sure.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
acearl (424) - The Ham, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 29, 2011
Clear golden pour with white creamy head, not much lacing, lemon citrus hops, thin texture overall kind of light, alcohol % listed high but doesn’t seem that much not too complex, nice balance, nothing overwhelming esp bitterness, clean good summer beer

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
ChazMania (659) - Oceanside, California, USA - APR 28, 2011
Bottle poured into my IPA glass. I’m really surprised that I have not rated this prior to now as I know I’ve purchased it a few times. I wish Lagunitas put bottled on dates as this one does not seem as wonderful as others I remember. Surely if I have it again I can bump up my rating if necessary. The aroma is soft, mild really. Appearance is clear and tangerine in color, the head faded within minutes. The taste is far more on the malt side than Stone IPA (known fresh) I just had. So it has the sort of flavor and vibe of something that has been sitting on a hot BevMo shelf for awhile. I will rebuy this from a better store soon and hopefully rerate with a better impression as I generally really enjoy the offerings from Lagunitas.