overall

RATINGS: 1308   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42   EST. CALORIES: 202   ABV: 6.75%
This ale contains no actual copper but we’re pretty literal... It looked coppery, so we lamely called it a copper ale. Lots’a nice caramel malt though... Originally 5.9% alcohol by volume, currently

jmcgavin12's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
jmcgavin12 (492) - Madison, USA - APR 20, 2013
Pours a great amber with lots of head. Overall malty aromas with a bit of toasted toffee. Sweet with a bitter finish and overall a great beer

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Florya (669) - Bergen, NORWAY - MAY 22, 2015
How : bottle Appearance : deep red color, medium white head. Aroma : caramel, fruits, hops, grass. Palate : medium body, average carbonation.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jabah (175) - Winter Park, Florida, USA - APR 28, 2015
Definitely a copper color. Appears clear and light. I drank the first one last night, and it didn’t feel or taste like it was 7.7%. Now that I am trying it for the 2nd time looking it up here, I can notice a bit of a kick. A little hoppy but not as much as I expected.....more on the sweet side. Tastes of malts, pine, honey, caramel, and hops. This reminded me of a less hoppy version of their 2009 Correction Ale, which I tried a couple weeks ago. I liked that a lot better, but that was a hoppy American Pale Ale....slightly different style. This is growing on me with this 2nd try. For $8.99 a six, given the ABV%, it’s a pretty good deal. Updated 6/7: Ok, this is my 3rd try and I’m liking it better each time. I am in the comfort of my own home instead of visiting the family 100 miles away, so am able to enjoy this more...in my own element, etc. The flavors are a bit enhanced now, which I am noticing a bit more hops than before. It’s nowhere near a hop bomb, still sweet to me, just that it could be hoppier than my initial review. I’d say pretty close to an American Pale Ale. Not the greatest aroma, and mouthfeel pretty close to a 9 but not quite....otherwise I’d give this a slightly higher rating. Who knows, I may be changing it in the future. For $9 or under, I’d buy this again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
aumentm (400) - North Carolina, USA - APR 24, 2015
This is the real jam. Nice fresh beer that comes through in a great palate and great aroma.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
espenra (915) - Kurland, NORWAY - APR 23, 2015
33cl bottle. It poured an amber golden colour with a minimal white head. Aroma is sweet and malty. Notes of caramel, sweet fruits. Some cyrup. Flavour is lightly bitter. Malty with notes of bread, caramel, apples, hay. Medium long aftertaste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jerseyjohn71 (259) - corsicana, Texas, USA - APR 18, 2015
caramel, cereal, roasty, floral, spruce, citrus, dough, leather, alcohol, banana, orange, clear, white foam, lightly bitter, medium body, sticky, soft carbonation, long finish,

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ARH (772) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 17, 2015
On tap, poured into a sampler. The aroma is a mellow honey, roasted malts, and a defined grass combination. The beer is a deep, rich, clear caramel copper color with a dense and fuzzy, off white head that retains and laces a generous amount. The taste is a balanced medium bitter and sweet. The beer is oily in texture and has a fuzzy carbonation. The medium light body contains flavors of bread crust, grapefruit and oranges, as well as a pine freshness and finishes with roasted grains and light citrus. The aftertaste is roasted grains, bread crust, and bitter citrus.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Cunningham (5319) - Halden, NORWAY - MAR 27, 2015
Clear copper golden color with a thick off white head. Nice lacing. Looks really inviting. Mostly a caramel malty aroma with some faint dried fruits in the back. Medium + body. Tad sweet and a fine bitterness. Average carbonation. Toffee, caramel malty and dried fruits. Nothing wrong with this one. Just plain and a bit boring.
[Bottle from a trade with ★RickFifty★]

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
yourilevesque (214) - Quebec, CANADA - MAR 23, 2015
Cette bière m’a pris par surprise car lors de mon dernier magasinage, j’ai baissé ma garde et ai acheté ceci en la prenant pour une pale ale bien amère et maltée comme savent si bien le faire les brasseurs de cette brasserie que j’adore. En effet, j’ai un grand amour pour cette brasserie qui brasse beaucoup de ces IPA et pale ale bien balancées, au corps rond et souple, qui allient à merveille le malt et le houblon le tout couronné par un long bouquet floral et résineux. Or je suis en présence d’un produit nouveau et inattendu! Une petite ale très agréable à boire, sans prétention et fidèle au style!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mfhennig (111) - McHenry County, Illinois, USA - MAR 16, 2015
From a 12 oz bottle, pours a dark amber, with a big frothy light amber head. Aroma of caramel, toffee and toasty grains. Tastes of toffee, slightly malty. It’s a bit slick, nicely carbonated and just enough bitterness at the end. A real nice brew, very drinkable, I figure to keep this on the "buy again" list.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
BroadestTom (91) - - MAR 15, 2015
Aroma floral, grass, spruce, citrus, Appearance amber, clear, frothy, white foam, Taste light sweetness, lightly bitter, Palate medium body, average carbonation, Overall it’s a beer that I would suggest to a friend