RATINGS: 2412   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57/5   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
This is our unique version of an ancient style. A style as old as the ocean trade routes of the last centuries Great Ships. Not as old as the equator they had to cross twice enroute, nor as old as the 10,000 or so miles of Di-Hydrogen Oxide and Sodium upon which they sailed, but older than the Circulithium-4 Lentloid that binds the Lupulin Quartnate onto your taste buds. Weird. Think about it. Now stop. OK, go again, now stop. Think again, and stop. But we digress. Made with 43 different hops and 65 various malts, this redolent ale will likely float your boat, whatever planet you’re on.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
RblWthACoz (964) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - FEB 4, 2008
Pours a clear amber with a nice crème head that falls but leaves lots of lace. The nose is that intense piney perfume. Flavor is hoppy, but a bit of a tart edge hits me and I can’t say I like it that much. As I dwell on it, it seems almost wood like. Interesting? Yes. My favorite? No. Feel has a slightly higher level of carbonation to it that gives a bit of a bite and the liquid is well bodied. Overall this is a nice IPA, but that slightly woody tart thing that is going on kind of knocks it down a bit in my book.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
DrHomolka (761) - Portland, Oregon, USA - FEB 1, 2008
12oz. Pours light, clear orange with a fluffy white head. Aroma is citrusy though light, tangerines and oranges. Taste is smooth, balanced, lightly bitter. Highly drinkable though not incredibly flavorful or unique.

blutt59 (6289) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JAN 30, 2008
12 0z. bottle in pint glass, this has become my standby IPA since it has become so readily available. big hoppy flavor, lots of citrus and floral , pours a nice head with good lacing, a really nice everday IPA

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
acepod8 (4) - Arizona, USA - JAN 30, 2008 does not count
A great beer. Nice golden color. Grapefruit taste / smell. Very good, lots of hops! No Stone IPA or Ruination. I would drink this all days of the week.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
illidurit (2258) - San Francisco, California, USA - JAN 26, 2008
Poured from a 22 oz bomber into a generic pint glass. Coppery gold color with a fluffy white 1.5 finger head. Quite attractive so far. Aromas of pine and grapefruit, that’s about it. Flavors of grapefruit and pine, that’s about it. Lacks a detectable malt presence and consequently tastes one-dimensionally bitter. Appropriately medium body and carbonation are this beer’s strongest point. The mouthfeel drags the drinkability to a bit above average, but I can’t say I want to go get another one. Run of the mill, in my opinion.

fauskie (11) - USA - JAN 25, 2008
I really liked this beer a lot! The aroma was citrusy, yet piney at the same time. Nice bronze color to the beer and poured me a thinner than expected head. The taste was surprisingly refreshing and the citrus aroma actually translated to a citrus taste from the hops. Finish was very crisp, I enjoyed this beer thoroughly..........

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
JohnCoyne (73) - Alabama, USA - JAN 25, 2008
Nice wet citrus smell balanced by a malt undertone. A nice orange to copper tone in the glass, topped by a thick khaki colored head. Abnormaly malty flavor for an IPA but not bad. Citrus followed closely by sweet malt and a slight bitterness at the end. Clean mouthfeel. With a 60/40 ration of hops to malt this is an interesting flavor for an IPA but lacking that sharp grapefruit bite due to the heavy malt presence.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
punkrkr27 (903) - Berkley, Michigan, USA - JAN 24, 2008
Copper-orange pour with a small frothy white head. Wet fresh citrus and pine aroma. Nice citrus hop flavor upfront fading to a sweet malt and pine finish. Surprisingly clean finish for a strong IPA too. It almost has a slight lager like character in the finish. Medium body with soft but plentiful carbonation.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
paulsutter (8) - Tennessee, USA - JAN 21, 2008 does not count
I’m an IPA fan and this is an excellent example (at least on my palate). I had it in a bottle, cold, and accompanied by spicy food (a perfect balance to the citrus, sweet and bitterness of IPAs). I found it to be similar in malt sweetness and hop bitterness to Boulder Brewing Co.’s Mojo IPA, and Sierra Nevadas’ excellent Fresh Hop Harvest Ale. It has a nice piney and citrusy hop aroma. A distinct yet subtle maltines, followed by a not-to-harsh fresh hop bitterness and grapefruitiness. It finishes with a sweet + bitter taste that wow’ed me. One of my TOP 10 for sure (and I’ve tried hundreds).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
mansquito (4480) - Nueva York, New York, USA - JAN 20, 2008
Off-white head and an orange/amber body. Piny hops aroma. Really aggressive hop flavor right at the front. Little bit of astringency. Nice finish that goes off on the sweet side.