overall

RATINGS: 2296   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
This is our unique version of an ancient style. A style as old as the ocean trade routes of the last centuries Great Ships. Not as old as the equator they had to cross twice enroute, nor as old as the 10,000 or so miles of Di-Hydrogen Oxide and Sodium upon which they sailed, but older than the Circulithium-4 Lentloid that binds the Lupulin Quartnate onto your taste buds. Weird. Think about it. Now stop. OK, go again, now stop. Think again, and stop. But we digress. Made with 43 different hops and 65 various malts, this redolent ale will likely float your boat, whatever planet youíre on.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
motelpogo (7175) - Plzen, CZECH REPUBLIC - AUG 16, 2004
iīll have to try this on tap some time as it was a little uneven bottled. floral pine aroma was a little tamer than expected. quite bitter, a little lemony

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
SDalkoholic (2214) - Linda Vista, California, USA - AUG 15, 2004
Iím a IPA lover and this beer made me realize that. Its not as strong as the other IPAís Iíve had but thats okay cuz with this one I had a few and didínt get sick of it. Iím a weirdo so you can call me that when i say the burps from this beer tasted yummy and licking the resin of this beer off my lips was good too. Not a easy beer to find in my areas

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
apoptosis (1317) - Denver, Colorado, USA - AUG 13, 2004
Medium orange body. Sweet aroma, and quite malty for an IPA. The flavor, though is the expected hoppy, and it is also toasty and roasty. It is a little bit thin for an IPA, though, and it doesnít really pack a punch like a prefer with my IPAís. Overall, quite average, but I imagine this would be a lot better on draught.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
notalush (5269) - Denver, Colorado, USA - AUG 13, 2004
This is quite a fruity IPA, from the aroma of citrus and berries, to the strawberry color, to the abundant flavors of strawberries, cherries (do I detect a hint of raspberry?) - quite unique and odd - moderate hops and a strong, biscuit-like malt backbone for the fruit flavors to play off of - a unique experience - expect a malty ESB rather than an IPA, though.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
rudolf (2342) - Buffalo, New York, USA - AUG 6, 2004
Flowery hops, light toasted malt, candi sugar and grassines sin the noise. I should have poured this more carefully - lots of floaties. Flavor is toasted malt at first, sharp bitterness follows on the the back of my tounge, but its got a sweet, grassy finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
michael-pollack (4960) - King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 4, 2004
12oz Bottle: Slight hoppy aroma, but not too much to speak of. Dark copper/brown color. Lots of floaters! Nice light colored head that lasted. Good lacing. Flavor much like an English IPA (true to style). Started off hoppy, but was also a bit sweet. Easy to drink. Overall, a pretty good IPA, but I prefer more of an APA style with more bitterness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
davidflores99 (225) - Long Beach, California, USA - JUL 27, 2004
Hoppy flavor, kinda sweet, not a bad IPA, not the best, but its worth a try.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Dixen (1465) - Flagstaff, Arizona, USA - JUL 27, 2004
Draft @ The Cannery, San Francisco, CA. Amber. Good hop nose and flavor. Quite drinkable. A bit too one dimensional.

1.1
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
interstate604 (5) - USA - JUL 25, 2004 does not count
This one is truly disgusting, I have never tasted anything more metallic. I felt like I was drinking a bottle of my own cold blood. Needless to say, I let this stuff sit in my fridge and gave it to people who came over. Iíd take Pabst, Olympia.... well, Iíd pretty much take ANYTHING over this... except for Rainier Ale, which gets the award as the most horrifically disgusting thing Iíve ever had to drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
frylock (1135) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JUL 17, 2004
Sweet and toasty malt aroma with a citric hop undertone. Sweet and malty with some caramel upfrotn. Some fruit and hops in the finish. Too heavy on the malts for an IPA