RATINGS: 2409   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57/5   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
This is our unique version of an ancient style. A style as old as the ocean trade routes of the last centuries Great Ships. Not as old as the equator they had to cross twice enroute, nor as old as the 10,000 or so miles of Di-Hydrogen Oxide and Sodium upon which they sailed, but older than the Circulithium-4 Lentloid that binds the Lupulin Quartnate onto your taste buds. Weird. Think about it. Now stop. OK, go again, now stop. Think again, and stop. But we digress. Made with 43 different hops and 65 various malts, this redolent ale will likely float your boat, whatever planet youíre on.

bluepeter (1) - - MAY 27, 2013 does not count
Amazing to learn about the 43 hops and 65 malts, really?!? True or not, the best beer Iíve ever had!

pubefart (2) - - JUL 2, 2015 does not count
The GOLD STANDARD IPA, HANDS DOWN!........................................ is no question.............there is no doubt............fade out to black.................

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Azrael996 (7) - MINNEOLA, Florida, USA - JUN 27, 2013 does not count
Very tasty IPA , orange peel notes also some caramel coming through, citrus basement aromas . A super IPA A++.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
Shadallion (534) - Sacramento, California, USA - AUG 30, 2002
Perfect hoppy/citrusy aroma, flavors are juicy and extravagant, with hop oil throughout. Eye-wateringly bitter all the way through, but a terrific malt backbone evens her out and makes for a superbly balanced beer. Its unfiltered, which seems to add to its flavor. A bit drying on the palate. Sensational!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
RickReallyBrew (76) - Franktown, Colorado, USA - AUG 12, 2015
This is a great, well balanced IPA that is crisp and refreshing. Not overly malty or overly hoppy, as some might complain about with certain IPAs. I am not averse to imperial IPAs or IPAs that are stronger or happier than this one. Iím just saying that I enjoy it as much as my benchmark favorites, which often run quite strong, malty and hoppy. I really like this beer. Perhaps I am not off the charts to the far right of the scale in my preferences anymore. This brew deserves to be very popular, as it is served everywhere these days. It is well crafted and satisfies even a hard nosed, hop-head, high gravity beer snob like me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
BillAhlman (2) - Grapevine, Texas, USA - JUL 23, 2003 does not count
I love this hoppy IPA. Their Pale Ale is also nice, not as hoppy...I serve the IPA to the real hopheads and to the unititated, I serve the Pale Ale

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
dwyerpg (4918) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUN 24, 2005
Smell is faint for an IPA, but the body is beautiful. The head just blends ianto the flavor, which is mildly hoppy as far as IPAs go. Truly, though, this beer is best described as delicious. A must try, especially since this is the type of IPA that can be enjoyed numerous times in one sitting. Thanks parents!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Veeve (312) - Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA - DEC 22, 2005
UPDATED: DEC 23, 2005 A "REAL" Winner! When someone tells me a particular beer is a regular award winner, I am instantly skeptical and unconsciously think I will already dislike it, as if to say - award winner hah! well weíll see about that... But this multiple award-winning IPA is truly a winner in my book. On tap at the "Sweet Spot" bar in Santa Rosa, CA. pours a beautiful yellow gold with saffron highlights. its frothy beige head goes the distance kept company by the ubiquitous chunky lacing. the aroma can only be described as "berry delight" or "fruity tooty". rasberries, strawberries, grapefruit, cherries. there all there. pine hops and toasted malts hide out in the background and assuage the strong citrus bellowings. tastes of light hops, (corresponds to the slightly bitter taste), sweet malts, grapefruit, and dough. finishes crisp and more solidly bitter. light mouthfeel. Refreshing!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
thetmaxx (830) - West Sacramento, California, USA - JUL 1, 2011
Poured into my Sierra Nevada hops glass. Color is a nice copper color with a thick if white head. Aroma is nicely hoped. Flavor is great, one of the best IPAs out there. Palate is thicker than most ipas that I comment on being watery. Overall one of the best ipas out there, I was surprised I hadnít rated this yet!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
jtd6628 (360) - North Carolina, USA - JUL 5, 2011
Great brewery equals great beer. This is exactly the kind of IPA I love.