overall

RATINGS: 2268   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
This is our unique version of an ancient style. A style as old as the ocean trade routes of the last centuries Great Ships. Not as old as the equator they had to cross twice enroute, nor as old as the 10,000 or so miles of Di-Hydrogen Oxide and Sodium upon which they sailed, but older than the Circulithium-4 Lentloid that binds the Lupulin Quartnate onto your taste buds. Weird. Think about it. Now stop. OK, go again, now stop. Think again, and stop. But we digress. Made with 43 different hops and 65 various malts, this redolent ale will likely float your boat, whatever planet you’re on.

bluepeter (1) - - MAY 27, 2013 does not count
Amazing to learn about the 43 hops and 65 malts, really?!? True or not, the best beer I’ve ever had!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Azrael996 (7) - MINNEOLA, Florida, USA - JUN 27, 2013 does not count
Very tasty IPA , orange peel notes also some caramel coming through, citrus basement aromas . A super IPA A++.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
Shadallion (534) - Sacramento, California, USA - AUG 30, 2002
Perfect hoppy/citrusy aroma, flavors are juicy and extravagant, with hop oil throughout. Eye-wateringly bitter all the way through, but a terrific malt backbone evens her out and makes for a superbly balanced beer. Its unfiltered, which seems to add to its flavor. A bit drying on the palate. Sensational!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
BillAhlman (2) - Grapevine, Texas, USA - JUL 23, 2003 does not count
I love this hoppy IPA. Their Pale Ale is also nice, not as hoppy...I serve the IPA to the real hopheads and to the unititated, I serve the Pale Ale

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
dwyerpg (4734) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUN 24, 2005
Smell is faint for an IPA, but the body is beautiful. The head just blends ianto the flavor, which is mildly hoppy as far as IPAs go. Truly, though, this beer is best described as delicious. A must try, especially since this is the type of IPA that can be enjoyed numerous times in one sitting. Thanks parents!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Veeve (312) - Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA - DEC 22, 2005
UPDATED: DEC 23, 2005 A "REAL" Winner! When someone tells me a particular beer is a regular award winner, I am instantly skeptical and unconsciously think I will already dislike it, as if to say - award winner hah! well we’ll see about that... But this multiple award-winning IPA is truly a winner in my book. On tap at the "Sweet Spot" bar in Santa Rosa, CA. pours a beautiful yellow gold with saffron highlights. its frothy beige head goes the distance kept company by the ubiquitous chunky lacing. the aroma can only be described as "berry delight" or "fruity tooty". rasberries, strawberries, grapefruit, cherries. there all there. pine hops and toasted malts hide out in the background and assuage the strong citrus bellowings. tastes of light hops, (corresponds to the slightly bitter taste), sweet malts, grapefruit, and dough. finishes crisp and more solidly bitter. light mouthfeel. Refreshing!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
thetmaxx (765) - West Sacramento, California, USA - JUL 1, 2011
Poured into my Sierra Nevada hops glass. Color is a nice copper color with a thick if white head. Aroma is nicely hoped. Flavor is great, one of the best IPAs out there. Palate is thicker than most ipas that I comment on being watery. Overall one of the best ipas out there, I was surprised I hadn’t rated this yet!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
jtd6628 (357) - North Carolina, USA - JUL 5, 2011
Great brewery equals great beer. This is exactly the kind of IPA I love.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
kirk36 (169) - Peabody, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 16, 2013
Not a hop-bomb. It's the under-rated, underdog of the IPA expanded universe. For those whom wish to expand their beer palate and go crazy and try an IPA this is for you. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
vicg12 (17) - - FEB 26, 2013
Love love love this beer. Been hearing many good things about Lagunitas, so when I saw a beer on tap from them I jumped on it. Very happy I did. Super bright hoppy burst of flavor and smell. Small-medium head. Just so full of flavor, super refreshing. Had two right in a row before I had to leave, or else I would have had six more. Highly recommend, one of the best IPAs or beers I have ever had.