overall

RATINGS: 2022   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.95   IBU: 102   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
For those mornings when you have to cut right to the chase, this is the one. Sure to blast through just about anything still lingering from the night before, this mouthful of Hops and huge rich Malt has a gaurantee built right into the name!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Lagunitasfan (1313) - San Diego, California, USA - SEP 24, 2008
UPDATED: DEC 30, 2008 Apparently I got the last of the keg at Stone Brewing Co. Damn glad I did. Fruity hop scent. Fruit hop taste. Not a bitter hop bomb. Nicely rounded flavor. Gotta find some bottles of this. Rerate. I did find some bottles of this and I love it. Farmhouse and IPA. Sharp and musty. I drove two hours to buy a bunch, and I’ll do it again when I run out. If I had a kegerator this is what I’d keep around.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
guzzler67 (1509) - Hanover, Maryland, USA - SEP 22, 2008
UPDATED: APR 11, 2009 Bright amber/orange appearance with a small, off white head and a fair amount of lacing. Citrus hop aroma that blossoms after setting a bit, with resinous notes chiming in as well. Modestly sweet maltiness sets the stage for the star of the show - fruity, citrusy, piney hops. Not tastebud numbing, but delicious. Full bodied, well carbonated mouthfeel, with a lingering, lasting, dry finish. A great value.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
can8ianben (1325) - Souderton, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 22, 2008
On a cold and damp bike ride along the Pacific Coast Highway, we stumbled upon a small grocery and deli that had this in the back cooler. I knew what I was having for lunch! Dang this one was one tasty beverage. Big and robust in terms of the hop presence and the thick and sweet malty backbone. I know, some say that adding tons of hops is like adding tons of pepper to a soup - it’s just about shock value and nothing more. However I found this one to be tatalizingly drinkable. The 22 went down SMOOTH. I couldn’t believe the bottle was finished. It left me wanting more. The label is tricky - farmhouse usually makes me think of a saisson or something, yet this was a delicious double IPA... I like, I like it a lot.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DTM (798) - Winters, California, USA - SEP 22, 2008
Bottle from Ledgers in Berkeley, CA. The beer is all citrus hops. Another outstanding beer from Lagunitas. Had no idea it was supposed to be so bitter. Went down smooth and easy on the palate. Outstanding!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
timfoolery (1124) - California, USA - SEP 21, 2008
Bottle from Ledgers in Berkeley, CA. I love Lagunitas brews, so it was no surprise that this was a quality brew. The hops were very citrusy and fresh, and the palate was nicely controlled for a DIPA. Stoopid is as stoopid does, but not in this case. Excellent beer!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
danielcurtis81 (1519) - San Diego, California, USA - SEP 20, 2008
UPDATED: MAY 2, 2009 SDFOB-2008. On tap. Delicious DIPA. Hops still very predominate for a double. Sweetness is there but the bitter holds down the majority. Citrus grapefruit flavors. Stoopid is good like bad was in the 80’s and this beer is very STOOOOPID!!! Resampled from bottle (5/1/09) Nose was piney with floral hops. Poured a clear golden hue with a frothy off white head. Flavors were sweet pine, a little syrupy at times.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
BigBang (299) - Indiana, USA - SEP 11, 2008
Had on tap. Excellent aroma. Citrus and pine are predominant in aroma. Mouthfeel is average. Flavor is similar to aroma with a touch of malt and some bitterness that lingers. Very good IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bdigital (658) - Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA - SEP 11, 2008
Bottle: Pale orange in color with a thick white head and ridiculous amounts of lacing. Aroma of grass, pine, pineapple, orange and loads of sticky, stanky-ass hops. Medium bodied...again, some of the sticky-ness from the hops makes its presence felt on the tongue. Flavor consists of citrus, piney hops and some earthy notes. Very good stuff that I would love to have regular access to.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Swolf3 (262) - Elkton, Maryland, USA - SEP 8, 2008
Bottle. I enjoyed this brew a lot. Poured a tan color with not a lot of head. Aroma is hops, pine and citrus. Flavor was similar with a bitter taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
GMCC2181 (1509) - Newark, Delaware, USA - SEP 8, 2008
Bottle shared by robert at stateline and swolf3, thanks guys. Light red amber color, decent head. Aroma of biiter hops. Taste is the same, bitter hops. i wish it was a little more balanced but what do you expect with a name like "hop stoopid"! Texture and average carbonation. Overall a good beer/