overall

RATINGS: 1988   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.95   IBU: 102   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
For those mornings when you have to cut right to the chase, this is the one. Sure to blast through just about anything still lingering from the night before, this mouthful of Hops and huge rich Malt has a gaurantee built right into the name!

TheBeerCollector (633) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - JUL 15, 2008
A surprise find at a local beer store. Picked it up on a whim and I’m glad I did. I cannot say I’ve ever tasted a better beer. Wow!!! Nuff said!!!!

shotgunn (34) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JUL 18, 2009
Pours deep amber orange w/a small off wite head that disipates quickly. To the nose it has nice sweet floral hops, pine and some citrus. First taste is sweet hops, some honey undernotes and a hop bite that then lingers on the palate. I’m giving this one a 5! It is all that you can ask for from and imperial IPA. I love it, job well done. Cheers!

BEER4GIVESALL (3) - USA - OCT 23, 2009 does not count
22oz bottle. I love this beer! I pour it up really cold, let it sit for a few seconds smelling the aroma as the head melts away, then I savor every last drop. Aaaaaaahhh Its in my TOP 5.

hoffa1 (7) - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CANADA - APR 21, 2010 does not count
Absolutely everything you want in an imperial IPA. And a big enough bottle to enjoy, too!

Johnm24 (8) - Sa, USA - SEP 24, 2010 does not count
Best ups in town (210) this is purple jesus. my first hop extract ale and really hits the spot mother Fletcher

RWH79 (9) - Illinois, USA - DEC 11, 2010 does not count
A great IPA with an amber color and a white head. has a grapefruit citrus and floral aroma to it. There is also hints of caramel, pine and possibly an apricot taste to it. Definitely full bodied and not bitter at all.

beerman240 (1) - Alabama, USA - JAN 29, 2011 does not count
Love this beer. It’s one of my all time favorites. It clearly has enough hops and malty sweetness to give this beer true character. Stand out to me above so many great ipa’s/double. Try to find a better beer for this price. We only get bottles but i have had on draft a couple of times and still can’t get enough. Waiting for the release of Little Sumpin’ Stoopid this summer.

Big_Dunc (35) - Glasgow, Bedfordshire, ENGLAND - APR 6, 2012
Wow. Just wow. Hoppy beautiful it is possibly a perfect ipa. It is a must if ever possible. --- a mobile beer rating

GuyO (1) - Stafford, USA - JAN 10, 2013 does not count
My overall favorite - I just wish that I could get it in a normal size without actually having to go all the way to Petaluma. This is NOT a guzzle it down beer.

jbuccs9940 (2) - Parkton, Maryland, USA - AUG 28, 2013 does not count
I love this beer. I drink it more than any other beer, and I drink a lot of good beer. It has a great hop aroma, and an awesome hop foreword taste that almost outdoes the aroma. The transparency of this beer is also awesome, hinting to the great light body of this beer which won?t weigh you down. It?s by far the thinnest 8% beer I?ve had which makes it surprisingly sessionable. It also doesn?t completely wreck your palate like other beers this hoppy which is another plus. It?s also like the best deal in beer far cheaper than other beers in its class(about $5 I?m MD). It?s year round availability is another great plus. Its year round availability is another great plus. My final note, which made me sit and write my first review, is that this beer somehow still tastes great when it?s flat. Lagunitas did everything right here in my book.