overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 1166   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.93   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 63   EST. CALORIES: 235   ABV: 7.85%
AKA Holiday Ale
AKA Holiday Leftover Ale
AKA Brown Sugar Substitute

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
TH28 (95) - - MAR 16, 2013
Appearance is golden with slight haze and thick creamy white foam cap. Intense hop aroma, with strong citrus and hints of pine. Great bready malt flavor up front with a strong but well balanced hop bitterness that doesn’t overpower. Medium creamy mouthfeel, especially for an IPA. Finishes with a clean hop bite and touch of warmth from the alcohol.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
jnkor (314) - Tampa, Florida, USA - MAR 15, 2013
Aroma is a bit too sweet, but a good earthy grassy smell. Appearance is a bit too yellow, but head was good. Taste is hoppy and not too sweet, actually a good bitterness. Palate is not too thick, and is a bit dry for an ipa. Like the mix of sweet aroma but dry palate.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
cduncan14 (138) - Sandy Springs, Georgia, USA - MAR 15, 2013
The nose is glorious, beautiful hop cones. It smells like spring flower petals, if every spring flower produced hops. It is an absolutely gorgeous yellow-gold color with a barely off-white head. The flavor is, again, liquid hop. The best part, though, is that it’s not that cloying, bitter, over-hopped disaster that so many craft breweries are doing these days. It’s just a smooth, delicious hop flavor. Don’t get me wrong; the bitterness is there. It’s just not overpowering. It leaves that great hop dryness in your mouth. This is a damn fine beer, and I can’t recommend it highly enough to anyone who even kinda likes IPAs.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Touchshriek (8) - New Hampshire, USA - MAR 15, 2013 does not count
Gorgeous IPA. Heavy citrus notes mix well with prominent hoppy flavors. Smooth finish and pine undertones make this a must have pale ale.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
obxdude10 (2022) - Limerick, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 15, 2013
I’ll let a brewer off the hook for not making a yearly and traditional beer when they replace it with an even better one - like this IPA! If Lagunitas hasn’t already, they should give this beer a permanent name and make it a fixture in the year-round lineup. This guy is right up there with the Maximus, as well as some of the other best IPA’s in the land. The beer pours a fairly light gold color with a voluptuous white head. The head leaves a ton of sticky lace around the edge of the glass. The nose is bright, pungent and spicy, with notes of wood, grapefruit, tangerine, orange and grapes. The body is full and silky smooth. This beer is absoutely delicious! I cannot drink enough of this. Before I knew it, three bottles were gone. The flavors are seriously dry and spicy, but with a ton of tropical fruit notes. This IPA has the balance of a champion. There is a ton of bready maltiness and light yeasty flavor to compliment the faceful of hops. Lagunitas Sucks is a hop-lover’s dream!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Johnsense (750) - - MAR 14, 2013
Gold pour with a finger of head. Gobs of white lace. Pine hops in the aroma - fairly bitter. Papaya and Mango as well. Taste of pine, An assortment of citrus fruit, guava, mango, papaya, grapefruit rinds. solid. Medium body. Resiny aftertaste. everything integrates well. Very easy drinking.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
niday2288 (115) - - MAR 13, 2013
Pour is dark golden/light copper with a nose of hops hops hops highlighted with pine and flowers. Head is thick and creamy with a noticeable hearty bubble. Taste is super bitter with very hoppy overtones. Again the pine and flowers come out in the flavor. Mouthfeel is thick and oily. Aftertaste lingers a while. Nice lacing on the glass as I imbibe. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
DCLawyer (1358) - Falls Church, Virginia, USA - MAR 13, 2013
Bottle->SA. Pours copper with frothy white head. Aroma: nice grapefruit and pine hops. Taste: sweet malt and hops, lingering pine bitterness. Very smooth, great balance. Excellent.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
ThisWangsChung (747) - Leonardtown, Maryland, USA - MAR 13, 2013
Reviewed 2/22/13.Thanks to Momar42 for the bottle! 12 oz bottle into a nonic pint glass. A: Pours a nasty-looking dark piss color. The head is a two finger spoiled milk shade that looks like cottage fuckin’ cheese. Why is there so much ugly-ass lacing left on my glass? S: This is full of gross melon, gross papaya, gross herbal pine, gross mango, and...well, it’s just gross. Smells like an awesome-- ERR I mean wet ass. T: Yikes, and just when I thought it couldn’t get any nastier, it does! The opening is nothing but mellow-- I mean nasty tropical fruits. Bah, who really likes tropical fruits? It tastes like a damn rainforest! It finishes with a soft, malty sweetness, which totally sucks ’n’ stuff, too. And ewww, is that onion on the aftertaste? Who wants onion in their beer? NOT ME, GOOD SIR! M: Light, delicate, subtle, and crisp - and it sucks. Yeah, it fuckin’ sucks. I’ve never stated my preference toward light and delicate DIPAs before in my life, you’re all nuts! /angryface I mean, sure, it’s drinkable, but that’s only because I want to get rid of it so quickly! Aw crap, I’m not near a drain...I guess I’ll just pour it into my mouth more. Because it fuckin’ sucks so much. O: Yuck! Lagunitas Sucks indeed. It’s so bad I’m discouraging everyone out there of buying it...so I can snatch the remainder up for-- I mean, cuz it’s gross an’ shit. Yeah, that’s it. This is most definitely not a fantastic DIPA that I wish I could drink a case of, no, you guys are all reading into things WAY too much. Like I said, this sucks I WANT MORE I WANT MORE NOW!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
mnurda (1104) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - MAR 12, 2013
On tap at alibi room in gas town Vancouver. Very citrusy. Very hoppy. A bit too boozy for my liking. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone