overall

AKA Holiday Leftover Ale
AKA Brown Sugar Substitute

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
RevBFG (76) - - APR 11, 2014
Pours a clear gold, with some lacing and fun carbonation. Tastes of hops, grapefruit, and just a little funk. Not really for me, but I get why others like it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
MaltOMeal (1093) - Land of Sugar, Texas, USA - APR 11, 2014
Had this on tap and from many, many bottles. OK, I don’t know why they have this labeled as a strong ale, as it is a double IPA. Pours clear amber with a white head. Nose is of citrus and tropical fruits. Taste is a delicious mix of grapefruit, tangerine and tropical fruits. Mouthfeel is creamy with a nice bitter hop bite. I love this brew so much and the fact that it is only about $10 per six-pack doesn’t hurt a bit. I kept searching and buying this while it was in stock. Drank cases of this stuff. Would love for this to be a regular in their lineup instead of just a seasonal.

pumpmaster (1353) - Pembroke Pines, Florida, USA - APR 11, 2014
12 ounce bottle available at Total Wine Pembroke Pines, FL for $9.99/6-pack. Very good!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mjhall89 (36) - - APR 10, 2014
Ironically better than what it was made to replace. LIght sweet, and pine taste in great balance with a great light lingering after taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
bhiner41 (189) - Darien, Illinois, USA - APR 9, 2014
I rate high, but this is a great beer. Lots of lacing on the glass. Thin head, crystal clear gold to orange color. Aroma of citrus fruits and slight dank malt. It has a smooth dry taste and a dry finish but lingering citrus and malt notes. I bought this because I enjoyed Brown Shugga, very very happy it is totally not even close to that beer...freakin’ awesome.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
troyc (2870) - Illinois, USA - APR 9, 2014
[Bottle] Pours a clear shade of amber. Not much head to it. Fresh and hoppy aroma. Grapefruit notes, pineapple and sweet caramel in the taste. High bitterness level lingers well into the finish. Oily texture. A solid beer overall. Tasting notes from 2/2014.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Cornfield (5570) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - APR 6, 2014
After reading the c0mmercial descripti0n, I had n0 idea what t0 expect, s0 I decided t0 rate this brew with0ut trying it. (Yes, I am kidding.) Nice p0ur, g0lden b0died, plenty 0f fast m0ving bubbles, and a tall, sustained creamy head. The ar0ma was resin0us with a t0uch 0f zest, and a (dirty) earthiness 0ver s0me grainy sweetness. Nice spritzy m0uthfeel, tickling my t0ngue. The flav0r is a bit muddled, the sweet graininess being clean, but the h0p flav0rs c0lliding with 0ne an0ther... albeit pr0viding a steady bitterness that this h0plessly h0p-headed imbiber enj0ys. Fun drink.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ippopotamo36 (1605) - Rome, ITALY - APR 5, 2014
Clear and bright yellow! Nose: WOW! Incredible notes of resin, citrus balanced and mixed with bred malts. Amazing mouth: sweetness and tropical fruit but also caramel and fantastic hops! Great!!! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
lambicboy12 (43) - salt lake, Utah, USA - APR 3, 2014
1- Piney aroma with some bitter orange notes. A hint of caramel. 2- Dark straw to light orange with a lacey egg white head. Brilliant clarity. 3- A medium bop bitterness followed by a big hop flavor. Pine tree chewiness. A light caramel sweetness lingers in the background. 4- Medium-full bodied with a medium-high carbonation level. A sticky mouthfeel from the high amount of hops. Finishes slightly astringent. 5- Overall I prefer the other Lagunitas beers over this one. I realize that this was a last minute beer created and for that I give it an A for effort.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
KillerMoran (25) - - APR 3, 2014
Very "simple"taste. And I say simple in the best if ways. Good to sip on and let time pass by. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone